Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT just went through the washer! Help!

Mimsy

Greenlighter
As the thread title says... help!

Long story short I just found out a decent sized baggie went through the washer and dryer. It went through Wednesday night and I just discovered it this Friday morning in my pants pocket. The baggie feels sealed but the DMT were definitely exposed during the wash and dry cycles because now the baggie contains a dark yellowish viscous substance. There are also white crystals packed into my back pocket... but I don't think I can salvage that.

I don't think the rest of my DMT is destroyed but I lost A LOT in the process... here's a picture:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/121cojb.jpg

That baggie is the size of a credit card and it used to be 2/5ths full but now there is so little left. How would I be able to salvage this? I google searched my problem and could only find one similar instance. They said they were able to use the DMT again and there was very little potency lost, but I don't know how to make my DMT crystallized again (I buy the stuff it and smoke it with a vaporizer).

Can anyone help me? It took me a damn year to get a hold of DMT and I barely used any of it >_>

Dry it out and wash it in acetone maybe?

It doesn't look like you have much left at all.

Or maybe you could let the stuff dry on some herb or mint leaves, and smoke it that way. And I'd still try turning the pocket inside-out and scraping out whatever crystals you can get there, just in case.

Sounds like you had a limited supply anyway. Did you buy it from a dealer or something? My suggestion would be, look up one of the many DMT extraction methods that are out there, and then you can make yourself plenty more whenever you want. ;)

Dry it out and wash it in acetone maybe?

It doesn't look like you have much left at all.
Sorry for the late reply but I was at work all day.

I left the DMT out in its baggy but I came home and it's still very much in the same gooey state. Would I be able to soak the baggie in a bowl of acetone, and let the acetone evaporate over time? Would that work?

Or maybe you could let the stuff dry on some herb or mint leaves, and smoke it that way. And I'd still try turning the pocket inside-out and scraping out whatever crystals you can get there, just in case.

Sounds like you had a limited supply anyway. Did you buy it from a dealer or something? My suggestion would be, look up one of the many DMT extraction methods that are out there, and then you can make yourself plenty more whenever you want. ;)
I don't have any leaves or herbs of any sort. I also don't think scrapping my jeans will yield very much... the DMT is like infused with the fabric o.0

As for extracting some myself, I've thought about it but it looks like such a scary process! Besides I don't do DMT often enough to want to learn. I usually just buy a whole lot maybe once a year. Losing the amount I did was really painful in that regard >_<

man i'd take it as a loss... im assuming you used detergent. you don't wanna smoke that shit. my deepest sympathies. tragic

Of which I do not have :(

NEVER GIVE UP; NEVER SURRENDER!

if you can get the detergent out of the product cool, i just would't want to put that into my body. looks like you lost alot and you may lose even more trying to get it clean again. may be more of a pain in the ass than what it's worth. man i'm a huge fan of dmt and i would be heart broken if that happened to me. i like your never give up attitude.. best of luck.
-skot

Many of the DMT extraction teks out there are actually very easy to follow. It's only slightly more complicated than making Hamburger Helper. I always think it's funny when people talk about DMT as if it's some rare mystical gift from the Gods that's nearly impossible to find, when really anybody with a kitchen and a spare weekend could make up plenty of it. :p

Many of the DMT extraction teks out there are actually very easy to follow. It's only slightly more complicated than making Hamburger Helper. I always think it's funny when people talk about DMT as if it's some rare mystical gift from the Gods that's nearly impossible to find, when really anybody with a kitchen and a spare weekend could make up plenty of it. :p

Offtopic but:
In some countries the bark/plants are illegal, like here. Ordering a chemical via mail and getting that through customs is no biggie, but its a bit harder to try to get a 100 grams of bark through the customs without the package being noticed.

There are tons of other plant sources for DMT besides Mimosa hostilis, and you can probably find some that grow in your home country (Phalaris grasses being an obvious example).

Some people have a problem with supporting anyone who is willing to strip the bark from a trees' roots to sell for a profit on the internet. A tree with no means of protecting its root system is a dead tree. It bothers some people, and so they wait until they can find synthetic DMT.

Most people don't care, though.

Not every extraction requires root bark. Besides, I was under the impression that root bark could be harvested sustainably, either by re-rooting the plant or not harvesting all the bark at once.