View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Extraction (Archived Scraps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go to a hardware store or a swimming pool supply store and ask if they have muriatic acid. Chances are that they do.

I couldn't find lye anywhere where i live canada, so I resorted to buying some off of ebay, cost like $5 for a decent sized tub of "Red Devil 100% lye", and took about three weeks to arrive. Apparently many places stopped selling lye because of its use in the creation of meth, luckily it's used to make soap, (fight club flashback) so it's still on the market, just look around the net.

Me and a friend are planning on following that recipe I posted. Now all we need is to a pool store and buy Litmus Papers.

Sorry, if i shouldn't have named ebay.... I figured it'd be ok, since it's a source for a legal chemical.

You will be able to find Sodium Hydroxide in the UK... just look for it in hardware stores. Likewise muriatic acid or "Spirits of Salts" or just Hydrochloric acid.

DMT is very stable, it doesn't break down in boiling water, and you don't need to boil water to do an acid base extraction anyway. You evaporate the DMT-containing solution when its in the organic/non-polar phase.

ok thanks may consider the acid base extraction but already have naphta and iso so will give that a try first, as long as get something smokable with enough DMT to get to first base will be happy for the time being

Please can anyone tell me if this would work;

1. Blend plant with water to create a mush

2. Add Absobic Acid to PH5 amd simmer overnight

3. Filter and discard plant material

4. Defat with naphta and seperate off water solution

5. Adds some dried oregano, evapourate water solution and smoke

Last edited:
Get some NaOH you lazy bastard :)

You CAN get it in the UK. The amount of goo you will be left with will almost certainly be too impure to get workable DMT out of. You don't need to add even more bullshit in the form or oregano.

You can easily find Sodium Hydroxide and Hydrchloric acid in New Zealand as well..

You've just got to look. What you CAN'T find in NZ (and I don't think in the UK) is dichloromethane.... you can get it, but only from wholesalers.

>>Yes, if you use them sequentially, like in an acid base extraction, though water would be a better polar solvent.

But if you just chuck them in together your extract wont be potent enough.>>

oooh. I'd suggest against doing this if you are looking for a smokable extract. I did this with mimosa, and I got a goey mess. :)

Actually, I used methanol as my polar solvent. Could that have been my problem?

ebola

NaOH is commonly known as caustic soda.
Also you can get dichloromethane in paint stripper but you have to separate it from the other gunk first.

Would ammonia solution work as a replacement for NaOH?

I got this off another forum, I guess you'll get less of an emultion problem if you use NaOH (if you shake it up a lot, which i find you dont need to do)

If you can deal with the emulsions, then yes, anything over a ph of about 10 will work. Here is a table I got somewhere a while back:
--------------------------------
pH-----freebase %---salt %
6-------.1----------- 99.9
7-------10---------- 90
8-------30---------- 70
9-------70-----------30
10------90----------10
11------99.9---------.1
--------------------------------
As you see, a ph of 10 is 90% efficient for doing the job. So yes, ammonium hydroxide with its ph of 11 will theoretically work. You might have to use alot more volume of it than you're used to, since its weaker than a lye solution. I would guess that you should use at least half the volume of the acid-water mix. Use ph papers to verify that you're above 10 before extracting with naptha. Try it. At least if it works you'd have no solid base in your crystals. Let us know how it works out for you...

Ammonia makes it more difficult for the emulsion layer to seperate.

Can anyone tell me whether 81% Orthophosporic acid and 50% Potassium Hydroxide, used for hydroponics, would work for an acid/base extraction?

Muriatic acid isn't available in the UK, Sodium Bisulphate is used instead to lower ph levels... is this a suitable acid for a/b?

Best Way To Extract N,n-DMT

I'm sorry if this is against the rules, but I don't think it is. I'm not asking for suppliers or drugs or anything.

I'm wondering, if one wanted to try DMT, like maybe get 250mg or so, what would be the easiest way of doing this? Extracting it from a natural source? If so, what's the most recommended natural source (phalaris grass, mimosa?) for extracting pure DMT for smoking purposes?

I believe extracting it is the only way unless you have some amazing connection. Am I right? Someone lead me on the right track, because I'd really like to experience DMT but it is so so rare. I sure wish I could buy it instead of spending weeks purifying bark or grass.

If extraction is easiest, can comeone tell me/link me to a site that tells me exactly how to do it?

You can PM me if you prefer.

I sure wish I could buy it instead of spending weeks purifying bark or grass.

But, grasshopper, part of the attaining of wisdom is to slowly & lovingly tease the DMT from the plant as the bee teases nectar from the flower! =D

Seriously though...

You can find links to all manner of extraction techniques if you go grubbing around in the Erowid DMT vaults (most are accessed as an off-sitr resorce, you'll find them fairly near the bottom of the page)

Status
Not open for further replies.