• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DM - Afghan police are 'drug addicts who sell weapons to the Taliban and rape young..

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Afghan police are 'drug addicts who sell weapons to the Taliban and rape young boys'

By David Williams
PUBLISHED: 17:39, 25 February 2013

• BBC documentary reveals harrowing corruption among Afghan officers
  • Throws doubt on police's ability to secure nation after Coalition withdrawal
  • Mother of soldier killed in Sangin asks: 'Was it worth it?'

Police in an area of Afghanistan where 109 British troops died and hundreds were wounded trying to secure peace are riddled with corruption, child abuse, drug taking, kidnap and murder, a devastating investigation by Panorama revealed last night.

Weapons, ammunition and fuel paid for by UK taxpayers are being openly sold by Afghan officers - possibly to end-up with the Taliban - while senior police refuse to crackdown of the abuse of young boys by their officers.

Some officers appear drug-addicted, others are kidnapping civilians for ransom while in the past five weeks, four boys suspected of having been used as 'sex slaves' have been shot - one in the face - while attempting to escape from police commanders believed to have abducted them from their families. Three have died.

More...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-addicted-drugs-kidnap-rape-young-boys.html

Yeah, pretty much. We learned very quickly in Afghanistan not to trust the ANA or ANP, and indeed, we'd stop them at checkpoints and search them at gunpoint before we'd let them approach. A lot of them *are* (former) Taliban.

Yeah, pretty much. We learned very quickly in Afghanistan not to trust the ANA or ANP, and indeed, we'd stop them at checkpoints and search them at gunpoint before we'd let them approach. A lot of them *are* (former) Taliban.

I was in the CDN Army reserves when i was a teen but never served (or for the that long in general) overseas. They guys i did know who ended up doing multiple tours etc yeah never trusted anyone. for good reason to i hear.