• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dissolving Ambien in different mixes

Louisville13

Greenlighter
Ok so i noticed this again tonight. I drink about 2-8 bourbon and cokes a night. Some times I decide to take ambien because well i like it and never sleep well otherwise. Anyways. I like dropping an ambien in my last drink because i find it makes the effects kick in way faster and stronger.

Tonight i ran out of bourbon and had to switch to rum and coke. I dropped an ambien in my drink and finished the whole thing before any of the ambien dissolved. What gives? I broke the pill in half same as with bourbon and coke. When i mix with bourbon the pill instantly starts bubbling and dissolving. I really dont get it and i have noticed this difference before.

Both drinks are the same amount of alcohol so idk.

Anyone whos good at chem have any ideas?

Not sure. The composition of bourbon and rum isn't all that considerably different.

Although, ambien is poorly soluble in both water and alcohol. I wouldn't expect it to easily dissolve. The quickened effect is likely due to the pill being broken down before swallowing in combination with the effects of alcohol.

Maybe the fact that there's a lot more sugar in rum? idk I'm not really sure why it wouldn't dissolve, especially that what you're putting it in is very carbonated.
Be careful mixing these two substances of course. Hypnotics and alcohol, especially hard liquor, can be pretty dangerous and really get you kinda delirious. That being said, I used to LOVE ambien lol. I snorted a LOT of them during different binges. Snorting has a way different effects profile.