• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

This stuff has become more common than Vicodin in southern CA. The OC is flooded. It's great at first but like all things you build a tolerance and have to step up or get out. I wish I lived somewhere where it wasn't available but you can always find it it seems by just mentioning it to someone

I was in PMT (Pain Managemant Therapy) for approx. 7-8yrs (i guess, probably 'only' 6 years, but time goes by so damn fast and i can't remember precisely when i've been put on Opioids/Opiates for Chronic Pain, but they changed my life for the better), with my first Med being Trams and the last Hydromorphone, but that has seriously nothing to do with my experiences and much more important, for now, my Question(s).

HM was by far the best Pain Med i have ever received, and it was the only one on which i could keep tolerance at bay over a long(er) period of time, and analgesia was the best, even if taken just regular (and as they should be taken), i.e. by mouth. I have also experience with plugging HM (a load of), taking it via the nasal route and shooting it, and it's the only Opioid i have ever taken IV - even though IV was something i honestly never wanted to do, never ever..., but it did, unfortunately, and i don't say that because i didn't like it, but because i IVed something as i always thought of it being the thing i surely didn't want to do. I had my reasons, believe me, still have 'em, and this makes me unlucky and unhappy enough to still fuck me up, but i did it and i cannot regret it as what has been done is done, there is never a way back, not for the greatest of all faults!

I'm trying to make it short, so the first time i IVed 8mgs i must have done things right and got a somewhat immediate rush-type-of-feeling about 20-30secs after application, but afterwards and with days-off, not just a few but 1-2weeks, there was nothing like this first 'hit', which was not the only one i'd call nice but the only thing i felt something kinda 'rushy', even though i've never experienced any euphoria with any of the opes i had (many!) via many different roa's and also not with this first IV experience. I know my (natural) tolerance to everything is beyond the wildest expectations, for example i need a good 2,5mgs IR sublingual Lorazepam to make me tired and i plugged doses of 80mgs+ HM or 240mgs OC at once, and that weren't doses to put me on my ass, but only when i extracted HM from a whopping dose of 96mgs i experienced something really rushy, still not euphoric, but it was the most intense rush i ever felt, i'd even say it made me kinda happy, or to be more precise, really damn content. I know as someone with Cronic Pain that natural levels of Endorphine are always low as the body is trying to keep the pain(s) at bay, so it is nearly (if not completely) impossible to get something euphoric outta opes in general (which makes total sense, to me at least!) and is also what i experienced in all that years being on different meds and stuff i tried for myself, but especially after i had a 2nd and 3rd rinse, to get as much HM out of the remains as possible (with not only no rush anymore but hardly if any effects), i think it must have been a damn high dose i'd taken with the 1st dose (and the accompanied helluva rush), but shouldn't have died a dose of 96mgs - or to be more realistic and a good guess of 'only' 75-80mgs in that initial dose?

That might sound like a strange question, but i'm honestly puzzled if i'm such a hardhead...

Thanks in advance :\

I'm trying to make it short, so the first time i IVed 8mgs i must have done things right and got a somewhat immediate rush-type-of-feeling about 20-30secs after application, but afterwards and with days-off, not just a few but 1-2weeks, there was nothing like this first 'hit', which was not the only one i'd call nice but the only thing i felt something kinda 'rushy', even though i've never experienced any euphoria with any of the opes i had (many!)

I don't understand how you could have gotten such a rush from only 8mgs of IV Hydromorphone when you say that you have a tolerance "beyond wildest expectations" which forces you to plug 80+ mgs of hydromorphone or 240mgs of Oxycontin at once in order to only get a high that doesn't even put you "on your ass".

I too have, not only an EXTREMELY high natural opioid tolerance, but it was made even worse by my heroin/opiod addiction and subsequent medications for debilitating pain. I, as well, must take the levels of opioids you mention you have to in order to get any sort of high out of them(In fact I just plugged 48mgs of hydromorphone for pain, as that is not NEARLY enough to give me a good high). So I also know that I need at least 24-30 mgs IV hydromorphone in order to get a rush/high resembling what you described as experiencing with only 8mgs.

So...my guess is, based on your reported tolerance....you aren't IV'ing enough hydromorphone in order to get that euphoric rush you are looking for. But be careful. I don't recommend taking that much Hydromorphone to anyone(for harm reduction purposes)...ESPECIALLY IV.

It's a slippery slope my friend.

I dunno if it was me not being perfectly able to describe the effects of that first-ever IV-Experience of ~8mgs (i still can only guess it were the whole 8mgs CWE-extracted into cold water, but i surely don't know for sure) or you perhaps not understanding me that it was an admittedly not too strong type-of a really fast onset of effects (the most prominent effect was my head getting really warm, or a feeling of warmth, that took mostly if not completely place in my Head, to be as precise as possible), of course no overwhelming euphoria, but i suddenly felt way more content - which can definitely be attributed to me having not taken any ope for ~2months+ and being in pain, lots of (at that moment), so yeah, it was more like i felt a sudden relief of pain, that made me content, almost happy, tbh, but euphoric, ecstatic, touched by bliss (as one might expect IV HM to feel like), not really!

It was only with the 96mgs extracted dose, that gave me a distinct feel of what all the fuzz is about, which i think was the until then unknown of huge unexpected absolute and instant onset/rush accompanied by a feeling of not only this somewhat strange but at the same time familiar sudden relief (from everything) with a prominent and really "deep" natural relaxation (it didn't felt fake but of course still somewhat too powerful, to be "just" there instantly,...it was kinda orgasm lite to medium, without being sexually active beforehand - just this climax of ~2mins., at most), even though it's hard to really describe the feeling exactly and i still rate an orgasm higher in terms of pleasure!

The most interesting thing is/was, as overwhelming as it felt, there was not the slightest feel of being overwhelmed, no hint of anxiety, just this blissful moment that automatically made me seigh deeply and gently forced me to assume the position, and lay back to close my eyes (which were even after 5-10mins. almost painful to open, as if one has slept the whole night and tries to open his/her eyes in a lit-up room)!

I'm thankful for your reply, for your input and to know now that there are ppl out there, like you, who also share such weird natural tolerance issues, as i do! As for me, it's transferable to almost every Compound/Substance i know, with just a very few exceptions, but there are sum, at least!

Cheers and thanks again - further replies are of course, welcome, just to point that out ?

My tolerance is ridiculously high I have been on 72mgs hydromorphone contin and 24mgs 8mgs x 3 dilaudid a day! For over a year I have been snorting due to my tolerance! I recently tried injecting because I was in so much pain and nothing! No rush no nothing!!! Is that normal?

My tolerance is ridiculously high I have been on 72mgs hydromorphone contin and 24mgs 8mgs x 3 dilaudid a day! For over a year I have been snorting due to my tolerance! I recently tried injecting because I was in so much pain and nothing! No rush no nothing!!! Is that normal?

You should clarify some things first. Is your total daily dose 96 mg? Are you snorting all of that 96 mg? Are you IVing or IMing? If you are indeed IVing (or trying to), are you sure that you're in a vein (i.e., do you see blood return when you pull the plunger back)?

I can't say what's "normal" because everyone's different. Your body's set of circumstances are different than everyone else's. I can only relate my own experience of shooting large (~64 mg/day) amounts of Dilaudid. Even when I'd be down to my last pill, and the shot would only be 4 or 8 mg, I'd still experience a rush--albeit a short-lived and substandard rush, but a rush nonetheless. Maybe you should try taking a drug holiday if you can bear it, even for just a day or two and then try again.

I didn't read all the posts from here, I hope I did not break any forum rules.

Do you guys know what are the beads color from a 18mg Hydromorph Contin capsule? I am asking the question because some other strength has white beads apparently.

Thanks!

I didn't read all the posts from here, I hope I did not break any forum rules.

Do you guys know what are the beads color from a 18mg Hydromorph Contin capsule? I am asking the question because some other strength has white beads apparently.

Thanks!
They're white, I was scripted Hydromorph-contins and I just take the IRs PRN now. Been on the Hydromorph Contin 3-12mg strengths and they all appeared to have the same size and color....I read somewhere that they're bigger the higher dosage the cap is. Not too sure of that though. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

They're white, I was scripted Hydromorph-contins and I just take the IRs PRN now. Been on the Hydromorph Contin 3-12mg strengths and they all appeared to have the same size and color....I read somewhere that they're bigger the higher dosage the cap is. Not too sure of that though. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

In my 18's they are kina beige/yellow and about 75% full to the cap and of different little size beads. I hope they aren't fake...

In my 18's they are kina beige/yellow and about 75% full to the cap and of different little size beads. I hope they aren't fake...[/QUOTE

They're off-white, exactly. Mine looked like they were half-full too, but that's normal apparently considering how damn potent hydromorphone is. I should make a thread about a home brew Hydromorphone nasal spray I've managed to put together to save my damn nose since plugging doesn't do a thing for me. Be safe everyone.

Last edited:
Am going down 4mgs/month on HM IR since December. I need minimum 4 shots per day and monday will either be doing 8mg shots /6hours (usually 4hrs) or cut 6mg doses every 4 hours.

Mind you i wear the 100mcg Duragesic

This HM Iv thing has made 7 surgeries tolerable at a dose reduced month to month but IV makes it complicated.

Ideas. Suggestions? Wont be on HM very long and want a seemless transition to only fentanyl patch.

?✊?

I am on suboxone , 8mg daily. I was in the e.r. last night and had a dose of 4 mg morphine and 4 mg dilaudid iv. The only opiates I've had besides sub in months. Do I need to wait to go back on sub since it is already built up in my system?

Hi bluelighters! i tried to read as much as this thread as possible to try to find the answer to my question, but I gave up at page 16. Hoping someone will be kind enough to offer some advice.

ive always had the yellow 4mg dilaudid pills (idk brand). id crush up 4 of them, mix with water, filter and shoot. my newest batch is 4mg white pills (again, idk brand). whenI mix it with water, no matter how long (within reason) and how much water I use, I seem to simply draw up the water and I'm left with so much "gunk" that it appears to be the entire pill.

my question is, are the white 4mg dillys shootable? When trying to prep it feels like the time I tried to prep methadone 10mg pills and was left with a gunky mess and nothing to shoot.

ive never shot or prepped any other pill..or drug for that matter so in that sense I'm but I'm not stranger to diaudidI've just gotten lucky I suppose and have gotten the yellow ones for years prior to my abusing them.

If anyone could advise me on how to make these pills dissolve properly I'm water (or another liquid if that's the issue), I would greatly appreciate it.

these pills are awful even to sniff. Even though they are still tiny compared to most other pills (not the yellow 4mg dilaudid, though). There's so much powder when they are crushed that it seems impossible to not have a ton of it go down my throat.

any dilaudid gurus willing to offer me some advise would be awesome.

Thanks!

I'll assume you are american....we don't have these white square (I assume) Mallinkrot (sic) brand hydromorphone.

Hydromorphone is soluble up to about 330mg per ml of water. So if it's a hydromorphone pill that you got, that is instant release, the gunk behind is normal. This happened to me when I got 1mg dillies, they would leave a lot of gunk behind if I made myself a 4mg shot.

I assume the white pill has a side with a M with a square? If so it's the non-Purdue Dilaudid, I don't know much about it other than they exist, in the US.

Thanks for responding. It's a round, small pill. It looks like the yellow ones, just a bit bigger and white not yellow. And yes, I'm in America.

The yellow ones leave nothing behind at all. I just don't want to bother shooting up plain water, and I'd never backload it.

Thanks again for responding!

Well the hydromorphone is in there, like i said 1mg is soluble in 330ml of water....although Mallinkrockt (the M square on one side hydromorphone), there is hydromorphone left in the solution man. think of it 330mg in 1ml of water fits with hydromorphone. It's like I said, with the regular Purdue 1mg blue Dilaudid, it leaves a ton of gunk behind in the sterile cup after using the filter that comes in those which is good enough for hydromorphone or some kinds of morphine pills.

Unless you got a generic 8mg one...they are white and round, although here very easy to tell when they are dilaudid, the PMS hydromorphone being so prevalent and the brand name much harder to get without the good connections, if you want D4's/D8's even D2's. They're exactly like the yellow generic ones, same kind of print on both sides, -8- and PMS on the other side, or -4-, -2- etc. Unmarked white pills...unless you've seen people slamming/snorting them....you should ask your source. As they say know your source.

So if it's generic 8mg pills, yeah, they will leave crap behind, the 4's also do when generic. I wish you were having the Mallinkrodkt(sic) brand so I would get to know about these, Mallinkrodt don't sell meds in Canada so they kind of interest me, I never knew about the inactives in them and how safe it is. But if it's unmarked completely, it would be strange if it is an 8mg. But generics do leave a bunch of crap behind, the stronger, the less they do, but it's how it is. So if they have some marking of some sort, you could call the poison center and ask them about that pill because someone might be overdosing, they don't send cops or ambulances if you say you're gonna bring the person to the hospital. If they don't have markings, then it could be anything. Once somebody gave me a "7,6mg" dilaudid.....I thought "ah! what med is it that that I actually have a script for that comes in 7,6mg of the product in them. Sennosides...exactly what it was, laxatives. That was such a joke. And yeah, they are unmarked tiny aquamarine/grey pills. Somebody who didn't know Dilaudid only came in 1,2,4 and 8mg pills would have had a major problem had they believed that.

So unless you give enough info, you're still in the dark here.

Last edited:
I am on suboxone , 8mg daily. I was in the e.r. last night and had a dose of 4 mg morphine and 4 mg dilaudid iv. The only opiates I've had besides sub in months. Do I need to wait to go back on sub since it is already built up in my system?

Here they tell us at the clinic to tell doctors in case you hurt yourself to tell them you are on Suboxone, so that they give you sublingual Fentanyl pills or if REAL bad Fent drip because such is a waste of time. Had those Abstrals as a script a couple times.

In my 18's they are kina beige/yellow and about 75% full to the cap and of different little size beads. I hope they aren't fake...

HydromorphContin 18's are Yellow gelcaps. A quick google search will tell you so, what the fuck are you guys on? There's no white HMC's. The closest to white is the grey 24's.

Even the list of inactives for 18's makes it obvious at how they make it look yellow : capsule shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide, and yellow iron oxide.

All your HydromorphContin info here : http://chealth.canoe.com/drug/getdrug/hydromorph-contin

So a bit of research and less of lying? kthx

And yeah, the bigger the dosage, the more beads, the larger. The 30's aren't called "big boombas" around here for nothing.