• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

I just had a overdose of herion and woke up from it and now I've been looking to see what I can do I feel fine I guess my heart rate is really fast and I just want to know if I'm gonna be alright cause I woke up from it ?....anyone know or could answer me what are some home remedys I could do I'm little bugged out now that I'm awake am I gonna die ?

I made a post yesterday, requesting information about IV Dilaudid based on my overall consumption and received no response. I will try again here, phrasing it differently (I think that was my problem).

I have a very high tolerance to opiates. I receive 6mg of dilaudid an hour as a basil rate, continuously. I can bolus (instant give) at any value I wish. I have been doing 1mg every 10 min for pain. Yet, I haven't had a euphoric feeling in 2 years - and I want one again.

Anyhow, I just set my bolus rate to 4mg and had it give it IV. Felt nothing. 10 minutes later, I am doing another 4mg (still waiting for that 10 minute mark).

- Question:
-- How quickly should I feel euphoric once the dilaudid is in my system?
-- I tried 4mg, thinking it would be safe. Up to 8 now as I write this post (total). If I don't feel anything again, should I do another 4 or stop? As I am writing this, the 4mg just went in, for a total of 9mg in the last 12 minutes (4 + 4 + 1 from the basil). I feel nothing - like normal...

Since I feel nothing, I will wait until I get a response from anyone here on what I should do next. My thoughts were to take whatever mg, and then stop the basil amounts if I get the euphoric feeling (just so I don't OD by continuously putting in 6mg an hour). Yet, right now I just feel nothing and don't know where to go from here.

Thanks,
Joe

Because you are on the Dilaudid via continuous infusion you will not feel any euphoria with bolus dosing as you are only boosting the amount of Dilaudid already in your blood stream. It will assist in pain control but will not give you a rush. The only way to feel a rush would be to stop the continuos infusion for a number of hours (at least 4, maybe 6-8 ) then take a larger bolus dose initially (definitely over 6mg at once) then you could restart the infusion. The longer you can wait before restarting the Dilaudid the better but this may not be feasible depending on why you are on it to begin with. And I have never heard of patients that are allowed to dictate the amount of their bolus doses when on a PCA pump and I've worked in hospice for nearly a decade. Unless maybe you just know the lockout codes or found a way to override the usual settings. ;)

Need advice first time ever injecting anything

I injected dilaudid first time ever today becaus taking it orally just wasn't working and I tried crushing and snorting as well this was my first time injecting something ever in my life but I followed the steps and it worked. I'm a medical lab tech and have been over 12 years I immediately hit the vein no problem and pulled back a little on syringe to make sure I received a flash however when I pulled out I look like I got stung by a bee it has swelling and it's def not a hematoma could this be caused my using the cotton ball to displace the cotton ball with the finely crushed pill? Maybe to much distilled water I ised approx 4ml to mix the pill with is this normal? I did however found relief instantly! I'm gonna place an ice pack to see if swelling will go down

Hi, I have a question. I am used to taking 30mg oxy orally. But i just got this 30mg hydromorph contins and so far I have read that its way stronger than my 30mg oxys. People are saying to snort or IV or whatever. I just want to take it orally. I am afraid that its going to be way too strong for me. Can i just take some of the beads out of the capsule and take those orally? I cant seem to find an answer from anyone saying thats ok to do... Can someone tell me if its fine to do the hydromorph contin beads the way they are? Thank you.

here a question for someone who used Dilaudid before but is really a dope fiend.

I typically shoot 1/3G of dope or so; how many MG's of dilaudid is that equivalent to? I used dilaudid once and it was years ago and I had the 6MG pills and was shooting about 24MG and getting an OK feel but wasnt really sure. this is going back years and years ago when my tolerance was even worse than it is now.

Hi, I have a question. I am used to taking 30mg oxy orally. But i just got this 30mg hydromorph contins and so far I have read that its way stronger than my 30mg oxys. People are saying to snort or IV or whatever. I just want to take it orally. I am afraid that its going to be way too strong for me. Can i just take some of the beads out of the capsule and take those orally? I cant seem to find an answer from anyone saying thats ok to do... Can someone tell me if its fine to do the hydromorph contin beads the way they are? Thank you.

Yes you can take the beads out and generally eyeball it... just err on the side of caution.

Note that hydromorphone has a low oral bioavailability but very high nasal... but seeing as you are taking them as normal, see here for oral and IV equivalents: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/564885-Opioid-Conversion-Chart

That's strange how you managed to get a Canada only form of HM in the US. Because IR Oxy stops at 20mg here, I assume you mean 30mg roxicodone and not 30mg oxyneo/30mg generic oxycontin.

Hydromorphone is very weak when eaten. If you can handle 30mg of oxycodone, you can eat the whole HMC 30mg. Even with little tolerance eating the 12mg and 18mg ones did very little, but eating a 24 once I felt what it was to have a 12 hour hydromorphone high, it's pretty great. But not grounding the beads of the HMC 30 in a mortar is making me cry, so many shots or snorts in there. But if you don't feel safe eating the largest dose possible of HydromorphContin, I say just remove a little beads from the fat red capsule. But I would just eat the whole thing and have some benadryl handy in case you feel nauseous. 30mg oxycodone, which although you did not mention if it was IR or oxycontin or generic oxycontin, I'll assume you're american and taking 30mg IR oxycodone pills, is stronger than 30mg of hydromorphone, when taken orally...so, take it from there. I really recommend giving the grounded beads powder a snort or two, very small lines, until you hit a sweet spot.

That's strange how you managed to get a Canada only form of HM in the US. Because IR Oxy stops at 20mg here, I assume you mean 30mg roxicodone and not 30mg oxyneo/30mg generic oxycontin.

Hydromorphone is very weak when eaten. If you can handle 30mg of oxycodone, you can eat the whole HMC 30mg. Even with little tolerance eating the 12mg and 18mg ones did very little, but eating a 24 once I felt what it was to have a 12 hour hydromorphone high, it's pretty great. But not grounding the beads of the HMC 30 in a mortar is making me cry, so many shots or snorts in there. But if you don't feel safe eating the largest dose possible of HydromorphContin, I say just remove a little beads from the fat red capsule. But I would just eat the whole thing and have some benadryl handy in case you feel nauseous. 30mg oxycodone, which although you did not mention if it was IR or oxycontin or generic oxycontin, I'll assume you're american and taking 30mg IR oxycodone pills, is stronger than 30mg of hydromorphone, when taken orally...so, take it from there. I really recommend giving the grounded beads powder a snort or two, very small lines, until you hit a sweet spot.

I crushed and snorted hydromorph contins and my lungs ended up getting very irritated, resulting in a visit to the hospital. There must be a ton of people who do this, but I feel the need to post. It took me about 2 weeks to get back to normal.

http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/792302-Warning-do-not-snort-crushed-hydromorph-contin

here a question for someone who used Dilaudid before but is really a dope fiend.

I typically shoot 1/3G of dope or so; how many MG's of dilaudid is that equivalent to? I used dilaudid once and it was years ago and I had the 6MG pills and was shooting about 24MG and getting an OK feel but wasnt really sure. this is going back years and years ago when my tolerance was even worse than it is now.

Heroin is around 3 times a s potent as morphine, while hydromorphone is around 8 times more potent.
So if we assume your heroin is like 10% -> equals around 100mg of morphine -> 100/8= 12.5
So I'd say start with 6mg just to be safe as you can always take more

Oxy is around 2 times as potent, while hydromorphone is around 8 times as potent, so 2*30 =60mg equivalent of morphine
60/8= 7.5mg
Oral bioavailability is like 30–35%
So I'd say start with 1/3 of the pill or 10mg orally and go from there

Heroin is around 3 times a s potent as morphine, while hydromorphone is around 8 times more potent.
So if we assume your heroin is like 10% -> equals around 100mg of morphine -> 100/8= 12.5
So I'd say start with 6mg just to be safe as you can always take more

I was shooting 12MG/pop and not getting much. again, I can shoot half G shots but typically try to space it out to "save" my stuff. so you think just a 12MG shot of Dilaudid is the equivalency of 1/3 a gram of dope? I have powder dope if that matters.

I've just always wondered about Dilaudid which is why I ask here. I had it after a serious surgery and blew that that in no time; didnt get as good as of a rush as I did w/ dope and it didnt hit me as good as dope so was always wondering if not enough was done or what, but based on numbers you just mentioned I did even more than I should have and was fine w/ it. I was using about 16-24MG of of the Dilaudid per shot.

using iv liquid morphine

i was just wondering about a couple of things. Where would one get micron filters and what exactly are they. And how would one go about getting sharps as i am unable to get to any needle exchange program. Can you order them online w/o a dr script and for a relatively cheap price? and with discreet package info on the outside and maybe be able to order some other cheap med supplies so that the sharps arent the only thing inside? or can anyone help a brother out with mailing some discreetly? also am going to try to get some dilaudid pills and wonder in they ever come in the form like ocs which turn to mush when liquid is added. Hopefully not. Ty for any info that can help!!!

Sitting it is ived all at once then the user stands immediately after ingestion.

LMK so i dont OD

Can anyone please tell me how many mg of hyrdocodone would it take you to get high if you are 175 pounds?

Can anyone please tell me how many mg of hyrdocodone would it take you to get high if you are 175 pounds?

Please post in Basic Drug Discussion for dosage advice, but we're not here to get you high, but to answer harm reduction questions

Just a suggestion but maybe the thread should be updated. This part:

"What is hydromorphone?

Hydromorphone is a potent semi-synthetic opioid derived from morphine. It is approximately 8-10 times as strong as morphine."

To "Hydromorphone is a potent semi-synthetic opioid derived from morphine, and it is the strongest painkiller aviable in pill form. It is approximately 8-10 times as strong as morphine."

Why? Because well, it's the truth, and
People need to know just how powerful this stuff is. People wrongfully think Oxymorphone aka Opana stronger than Hydromorphone (all of blue light searches confirms this with countless people
Saying Opana is stronger than Hydrmorphone" which is VERY WRONG.). Not only does Hydromorphone come in higher doses (especially ER), smallest dosage is 8mg RR Hydrmorphone which can be deadly to someone new. While Opana starts at 5mg (or 10mg, but supposely 5mg Opana ER exists). So right off the bat, its stronger.
Then second lowest dosage of hydromorpone in ER is 16mg. The second lowest dosage of Opana is 10mg. ALSO: hydrmorphone has higher BA over Opana, so not only is a a 16mg ER Hydrmorphone 33% stronger, it also absorbs more of the drug.

Hydrmorphone is 33% stronger, mg per mg, then what most think is the strongest (Opana). So people will think "oh, I take a 15mg Opana before I can handle a 16mg or 32mg of hydromorphone pill" -- wrong... Especially in people with little tolerance.

This is also a personal experience. I took Opana 20mg before, and hydrmorphone 8mg was stronger than it. I did not know his due to misinformation. So I was on hydrmorphone for just 1 month and my tolerance sky rocketed 10X higher (on Opana it raised some, but not by that much). So when I switched from Opana to oxycodone (equal dosage was done) it was no problem. Yet when I switched to hydromorphone (equal dosage was calculated) to oxycodone I had withdrawal for almost 2 weeks. Hydromorphone has killed the pain, even the worst pain I had, while Opana wasn't even close.

I think people should know Hydromorphone is stronger than Opana/oxymorphone, which a bluelight search everyone's answers says Opana is stronger. This can confuse people and lead them to take higher dosages of hydrmorphone because "they took Opana before which they think is stronger" so someone can very easily over-do the hydrmorphone dosage and harm themselves..

So IMO it should have a disclaimer on it, even if people think orally it's weak it doesn't matter, orally it's still stronger than Opana or Oxycodone, and any methods people take it (IV, nasal, etc) it only grows in power due to bio-aviability.

Wow this thread has become a variable clusterfuck...

Oxymorphone is good, I sure wouldn't turn it down! But you're right CB, ^ IME Dilaudid makes for a much better painkiller.

Something can be more "quantifiably" strong, which is what everbody on BL is ignorantly clambering for......but the best painkillers, hands-down, are the painkillers that are "Qualitatively Strong"!

Quality is > Quantity 10 times out of 10.

I'll take Hydromorphone, or even Hydrocodone over any other opioid besides Morphine...even then I still might choose the hydrogenated ketone!

Just a suggestion but maybe the thread should be updated. This part:

"What is hydromorphone?

Hydromorphone is a potent semi-synthetic opioid derived from morphine. It is approximately 8-10 times as strong as morphine."

To "Hydromorphone is a potent semi-synthetic opioid derived from morphine, and it is the strongest painkiller aviable in pill form. It is approximately 8-10 times as strong as morphine."

What about buprenorphine ? It's stonger..