• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Dihydrocodeine

If Codeine doesn't do anything for me (and I tried up to pretty high doses) is Tramadol worth trying?

I mean I know some people lack the enzyme to metabolise codeine so I wonder if this is the same for Tramadol?

If Codeine doesn't do anything for me (and I tried up to pretty high doses) is Tramadol worth trying?

I mean I know some people lack the enzyme to metabolise codeine so I wonder if this is the same for Tramadol?
Yes but you have to take it slow(it has risks that other opiates dont well i say other opiates tramadol is not a proper opiate imo some of these dangers are: seizures, stroke and others lesser dangers ime: dehydration and dry mouth that makes heroin or codeine dry mouth to shame you gotta try it to really know just take 50 mg and take another 50 mg if you desire if you get up to 200 mg(tramadol is more efficent stacked) dont take anymore for a while then do the same im not 100% sure but i think you should be safe using it this way oh i almost forgot tramadol has one of the most negative drug combination reactions ever so dont take anything else except weed and even weed you should watch yourself

Tramadol isn't that bad.its a lot stronger than codeine though.its not a weak opiate like codeine.

Tramadol isn't that bad.its a lot stronger than codeine though.its not a weak opiate like codeine.
tramadol isnt that bad? Ha you obviously havent been unfortunate to have a mini stroke from it among other beauties i have though

If you dont get any bad side effects no it isnt that bad but one must always be careful wiith tramadol i took it hundreds of times and was fine but one time i had the stroke suddenly i got cocky but am still fortunate to have survived it(barely) and warning you guys about what that shit can do

It's possible tramadol could work for you even though codeine doesn't yes. For me it's the other way around but it varies by individual.

Oh it is also very possible for DHC to work even though regular codeine doesn't.

It's possible tramadol could work for you even though codeine doesn't yes. For me it's the other way around but it varies by individual.

Oh it is also very possible for DHC to work even though regular codeine doesn't.

Thanks. I will of course tread cautiously and start with the lowest dose possible.

Is there any other precautions I should take with Tramadol? I know with codeine/DHC it's wise to take an antihistamine with it for instance

If you dont get any bad side effects no it isnt that bad but one must always be careful wiith tramadol i took it hundreds of times and was fine but one time i had the stroke suddenly i got cocky but am still fortunate to have survived it(barely) and warning you guys about what that shit can do

I'm glad you're OK now. When you say you got cocky, did you take too much? What dose?

Thanks. I will of course tread cautiously and start with the lowest dose possible.

Is there any other precautions I should take with Tramadol? I know with codeine/DHC it's wise to take an antihistamine with it for instance

Stay below 400mg a day on tramadol, that's the official "safe limit" above which the seizure risk is too high. Although I personally had a minor seizure from only 350mg tramadol spaced out through the day. So watch out for that, it's the main danger from tramadol.

I'm glad you're OK now. When you say you got cocky, did you take too much? What dose?
I cant remember exactly but my tolerance had grown so i think I was taking 2x the limit, maybe more maybe a bit less its so foggy back then but maybe what happened to me was rare or maybe it interacted with something that hadn't worn completely off I will never know fully unfortunately good ol drugs eh

Ah physeptone, I'm on the green liquid but I'd take the tablets any day.
Also @blondin with your tolerance, as I've seen from prev posts, unless you've had a good break, 300,mh dhc won't blow your mind.

Is there some standardisation of the colours of the liquids -- yellow is a cough linctus also coming in hypo-allergenic clear unsweetened, the green liquid twice a concentrated and the detoxification and maintenance liquid which is red or brown is three times as strong as either the analgesic formulation or the anti-tussive . . . so either 5, 10, and 15 per cent or 10, 20, and 30 per cent by weight; I have also heard of 10, 33, and 50 per cent methadone liquidis too . . . I remember getting a brown elixir with quite a bit of Polamidone (levomethadone) in it in hospital to bring tolerance down far enough to permit GI surgery a long time ago. Someone else told me of a strawberry-flavoured dipipanone linctus with or without cyclizine in it in South Africa and still some places in the United Kingdom which is uncommonly prescribed because of strange abuse/unsupervised use patterns like pentazocine, phenazocine, pethidine &c. People like to crush cyclizine and mix it with methadone to replicate the rush and bang from Diconal,. though dipianone's closest relative from a chemical and structural standpoint is phenadoxone (Heptalgin) and when I was prescribed that for breakthrough pain, drawing some hydroxyzine injection in 0.45 per cent saline into the pre-loaded phenadoxone syringes was da bomb as it says in Martidale's . . . a tripelennamine preload made it even better, of course, adding it to the shot was even better, and and making a four-ingredient mix with that and Disipal (orphenadrine hydrochloride) was very helpful.

Yes, that is precisely to the reason to try another agent if codeine doesn't do anything analgesia-wise. In such a case, there is also a possibility that dihydrocodeine, nicocodeine, and/or hydrocodone inter alia will still work well . . . in any case, there are a number of others to chase down if you can . . . z.B., it may be worthwhile to look into tilidine,, pentazocine, meptazinol, dextropropoxyphene, propoxyphene, ethoheptazine (the non-controlled narcotic in Equagesic, by itself it is called Zactane) in addition to dezocine, phenazocine,, butorphanol nasal spray, tablets, injection and syrup , nalbuphine injection, propiram tablets if they are back on the market again, zipeprol, a weak thiambutene-related anti-tussive and so on. and non-opioid but related euphoriants like nefopam, tianeptine and so on . ..

Last edited:
Synthetics have a very different feel to them v semi synthetics/full opiates, very different once you experiment enough
And yes dhc is semi but I find it leans more toward full, tramadol in particular being fully synthetic lacks a certain opiate feel especially since it not only effects opiate receptors
Morphine is king, hydromorphone is Prince and oxy is God oddly I'd pick Oxy over H anyday

For me Oxy is Zeus, Hydromorphone is Hercules, and Morphine is Odysseus 😂😝.

Hydromorphone is just far too mild for me.its like your there and not in withdrawals but your still waiting for the buzz to kick in.it takes me 100mg+ with heaps of tramadol and codeine to get wasted off of it.i know 16mg i.v. is enough to get most iv users feeling good but eating it is a shit roa.i smoked a 64mg once and it was better than eating it.still wasn't complete enough for me though.still lacking the intensity of being smashed though.with oxy I'm intensely smashed from 40mg, hydromorphone just doesn't get me there.

I agree, as I said, it’s very strange that Hydro doesn’t seem to kick in as it’s profile and potency would suggest. I think if you fall in love with Oxy, it’s a lifelong love 👊.

There are various medications with anti-serotoninergic effects which could be used against headache and other pain and bizarre troubles in the noggin like orthostatic hypotension . . . for example, the first-generation antihistamine Periactin (cyproheptadine) helps with the undesired effects and may lower the seizure risk by some degree; there are also other antihistamines, anticholinergics, and structurally related drugs which potentiate the effects of tramadol and tapentadol, and other members of the subfamily of benzenoid opioids to which the all belong. Benzodiazepines and gabapentinoids are another kettle of fish entirely, And so on. Sweet dreams are made of cheese; hopefully I will remember the amended line to be citizens who claim they were whisked away to handle such things by other, naughty . . . folks, critters, or what

Last edited:
I always preferred dhc but codeine was more euphoric. Like methadone compared to oxy. I loved the extra kick codeine gave but dhc wins every time.

Also is bupe a semi synthetic? Cos with no tolerance that is perhaps the most euphoric opaiate as long as you stay below 1mg.

I don't think synthetic Vs natural matter at all. Total bullshit.

Oh so morphine is "nicer" than diamorphine or dipapanone. Nope.

I don’t think you can generalise, individuals have different biology and tolerances. However Poppy opiate alkaloids do feel different to semi and synthetic opioids.

E.g Thebaine feels vastly different to Oxy, and it is produced from partly that!!