• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Dihydrocodeine

Synthetics have a very different feel to them v semi synthetics/full opiates, very different once you experiment enough
And yes dhc is semi but I find it leans more toward full, tramadol in particular being fully synthetic lacks a certain opiate feel especially since it not only effects opiate receptors
Morphine is king, hydromorphone is Prince and oxy is God oddly I'd pick Oxy over H anyday

I'd take any strong opiate over heroin. With pills you know exactly what you're getting so you won't OD or be underwhelmed. And it's pure so you haven't gotta worry about the potency or what shit it's cut with. I'd actually pick DHC over heroin, too. If I'm taking a dose-equivalent of course.

^ it is a semi-synthetic opioid. It is modified from codeine (presumably with an additional hydrogen atom?) that makes it 2-2.5 times as strong and significantly decreases histaminergic effects. You still get them on high doses, but not the hot itchy hell of too much codeine.
Am I wrong to say I find the histamine release Is part of enjoying codeine since it also makes you sorta hot/warm

Am I wrong to say I find the histamine release Is part of enjoying codeine since it also makes you sorta hot/warm

Of course you're not wrong: you enjoy what you enjoy. I don't mind the warm feeling, but (this was a couple years before I ever abused opiates) I once couldn't sleep and remembered the codeine I was prescribed make me sleepy so I figured I'd keep taking them until I could sleep. I had maybe 300mg total. I was so hot, red and itchy it was HELL and I was bleeding all over from writhing at my skin. My eyes swelled nearly shut and the rest of my face was swollen too. My blood pressure dropped so low I was stuck lying on the ground and couldn't even lift my head.
I don't know how anyone could LIKE that.
Codeine is infamous for constipation but I got the most extreme diarrhea of my life too.
The paramedics told my mum they brought my blood pressure UP to 36/24.
I had to be hospitalized on a ton of anti-histamines.

Of course you're not wrong: you enjoy what you enjoy. I don't mind the warm feeling, but (this was a couple years before I ever abused opiates) I once couldn't sleep and remembered the codeine I was prescribed make me sleepy so I figured I'd keep taking them until I could sleep. I had maybe 300mg total. I was so hot, red and itchy it was HELL and I was bleeding all over from writhing at my skin. My eyes swelled nearly shut and the rest of my face was swollen too. My blood pressure dropped so low I was stuck lying on the ground and couldn't even lift my head.
I don't know how anyone could LIKE that.
Codeine is infamous for constipation but I got the most extreme diarrhea of my life too.
The paramedics told my mum they brought my blood pressure UP to 36/24.
I had to be hospitalized on a ton of anti-histamines.
Reading this makes me miss the days when I wasn't on high dose daily opioids for pain :/ I remember when I'd take 120-260mg of codeine and be floored, and yeah codeine and even morphine are the only two opiates thatve made me itch spots raw and it's the utter worst because you don't notice until it's painful as fuck and even then the tempt to itch those spots is unreal, even today I still get that from morphine but not codeine anymore, in fact I never mention codeine anymore because I eat the 30mg tabs like skittles :/ I know I'm too fortunate nowadays with opiates but it comes with a price

There is a certain “organicness” with morphine and codeine but i’m with you there @Zonxx, I used to convince myself my Palladone SR (Hydromorphone) must be better as it is more potent. But Oxy is everything you hope an opiate to be, but as an uplifting opioid it can push through that for even more!!

There is a certain “organicness” with morphine and codeine but i’m with you there @Zonxx, I used to convince myself my Palladone SR (Hydromorphone) must be better as it is more potent. But Oxy is everything you hope an opiate to be, but as an uplifting opioid it can push through that for even more!!
yeep that rush of euphoria from oxy albeit much smoother and longer lasting for me genuinely challenges that of when i smoke coke/ 'crack' but morphine, hydromorphone doesn't have that uplifting euphoria but they are still certainly amazing opiates just different, although when i take morphine i time it with my hydro so that they both generally kick in at the same time, now that high is challenging to any amount of oxy but don't reccomend it for anyone who isn't already on daily high dose opiates as the combo gives me a degree of respiratory depression so i can only assume it'd be risky for someone not used to it

I'd take any strong opiate over heroin. With pills you know exactly what you're getting so you won't OD or be underwhelmed. And it's pure so you haven't gotta worry about the potency or what shit it's cut with. I'd actually pick DHC over heroin, too. If I'm taking a dose-equivalent of course.

William S Burroughs said dihydrocodeine was twice as strong as codeine and almost as good as heroin" and this is true,

Hey does anyone know if the uk tramadol er can be crushed so they kick in faster?

Man I’d take dhc over tramadol any day!! So much better for me! Also much higher ceiling!

Take the two on top of each other and aphrodisiac effects emerge, along with effects verging on priapism, but effects that both the owner of the schlong and owner of the destination of the schlong will really appreciate.

Did you notice a ceiling on analgesia with DHC (or even reach it yet) per se, or did side effects from the histamine release preclude going higher? When they caught Hermann Göring with the entire world supply of dihydrocodeine and prodigious amounts of morphine and oxycodone in two giant suitcases, he was taking 3000 mg of dihydrocodeine a day PO.

Hey does anyone know if the uk tramadol er can be crushed so they kick in faster?

Unless they found some way to monk with it -- I used to chew 100 mg tablets of it, manufactured by Mundipharma and Grünenthal, the tramadol tablets under my molars on one side, dihydrocodeine ER under the other, then washed down with liquid concentrate tramadol stirred into carbonated apple juice and chased with a couple of cookies., I'd have to say that the Dosierpumpe. the pump bottle that looks like a little liquid soap dispenser is my favourite form of tramadol.

Last edited:
Take the two on top of each other and aphrodisiac effects emerge, along with effects verging on priapism, but effects that both the owner of the schlong and owner of the destination of the schlong will really appreciate.

Did you notice a ceiling on analgesia with DHC (or even reach it yet) per se, or did side effects from the histamine release preclude going higher? When they caught Hermann Göring with the entire world supply of dihydrocodeine and prodigious amounts of morphine and oxycodone in two giant suitcases, he was taking 3000 mg of dihydrocodeine a day PO.
Uhm tramadol should not be mixed with anything even tobbacco in my personal experience

I never found the ceiling. I was doing very large amounts and oxy at the same time, but I’d end up just scratching the shit out of myself!!
As for the sex stuff, quite the opposite, all opiates kill my sex drive unfortunately. I had to look up priapism, and safe to say I never got that.

I never found the ceiling. I was doing very large amounts and oxy at the same time, but I’d end up just scratching the shit out of myself!!
As for the sex stuff, quite the opposite, all opiates kill my sex drive unfortunately. I had to look up priapism, and safe to say I never got that.

When I didn't have tripelennamine and hydroxyzine to use as a potentiator with dihydrocodeine, I scratched myself crazy. For some reason, dihydromorphine didn't do the same thing, but the amount of DHC made into DHM in vivo is not very high the start with. Mixing DHC and Doriden was very nice too.

What it did, specifically, the tramadol-dihydrocodeine-caffeine--hydroxyzine-orphenadrine mixture, was make my weekly three-way last up to six hours and may have generated a multiple orgasm effect too .

When I didn't have tripelennamine and hydroxyzine to use as a potentiator with dihydrocodeine, I scratched myself crazy. For some reason, dihydromorphine didn't do the same thing, but the amount of DHC made into DHM in vivo is not very high the start with. Mixing DHC and Doriden was very nice too.

What it did, specifically, the tramadol-dihydrocodeine-caffeine--hydroxyzine-orphenadrine mixture, was make my weekly three-way last up to six hours and may have generated a multiple orgasm effect too .
Man you know how to live, sounds like good times!!

Uhm tramadol should not be mixed with anything even tobbacco in my personal experience

True there are lot of interactions, some completely unexpected, with tramadol which should probably send people to Martindales to make certain it is safe to do so, but it is somewhat commonly prescribed with things like promethazine and hydroxyzine especially if insomnia sets in. The carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke is a powerful Cytochrome P450 agent affecting more than one of the pathways, so indeed it could make it stop working, or make it do strange things. The main interactions are either like with carbamazepine where they need to double the dose, or pethidine, which can cause serotonin syndrome when mixed with it and is a strong contraindication.

I also am aware there is more than one type of ER tramadol -- do you get the bi-convex ones that are really light and feel like plastic as they use for pain and Opioid Substitution Therapy, or chalkier ones, or something else? In each case, it is usually two of the standard IR dose in one tablet, and chewing increases surface area which means faster onset and steeper serum tramadol level curve, and simply chewing them (as opposed to the elaborate process that MST Continus shooters use) will keep some of the slow release property as well, so that could be optimum for the case one is in.

Last edited:
Synthetics have a very different feel to them v semi synthetics/full opiates, very different once you experiment enough
And yes dhc is semi but I find it leans more toward full, tramadol in particular being fully synthetic lacks a certain opiate feel especially since it not only effects opiate receptors
Morphine is king, hydromorphone is Prince and oxy is God oddly I'd pick Oxy over H anyday

I think oxy and H are tied.hydromorphone is nothing to me.
Dhc is about twice the potency of codeine.its less euphoric though.

I think oxy and H are tied.hydromorphone is nothing to me.
Dhc is about twice the potency of codeine.its less euphoric though.
Hydro is subtle, take 24mg-48 (if you've got a heavy tolerance), and trust me, you'll change your opinion. oxy and H have similar starting Highs so thats why they tie for yah, the dhc vs codeine though never really compared, but i do eat my 90 60mg codeines like candy though. they certainly help, but thats because they simply turn into morphine, morphine is king. my original statement stands

Hydromorphone is just far too mild for me.its like your there and not in withdrawals but your still waiting for the buzz to kick in.it takes me 100mg+ with heaps of tramadol and codeine to get wasted off of it.i know 16mg i.v. is enough to get most iv users feeling good but eating it is a shit roa.i smoked a 64mg once and it was better than eating it.still wasn't complete enough for me though.still lacking the intensity of being smashed though.with oxy I'm intensely smashed from 40mg, hydromorphone just doesn't get me there.