• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids dihydrocodeine , codeine & diazepam

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay so i get these prescribed except the DHC which i got online legit tablets, however i had 4 yesterday 30mg each tablet and didnt feel much more than codeine..

I use to only need 4 codeine 120mg to feel real effects now i can eat codeine like sweets, hence why im using DHC now, to potenate this will diazepam potenate the effects ? If not what will ? Other than grapefruit juice

It almost goes without saying that mixing benzodiazepines and opioids is dangerous. I'll spare the lecture, though, cause I know you are no spring chicken. Just be careful.

I've never considered the mix of benzodiazepines + opioid to be potentiation. Always felt like they just mixed effects, not potentiated each other, but for me the sedation was never the goal from opioids so that may be why I felt this way?

WGFJ with DHC never seemed to do much potentiation when I tried mixing them, YMMV. You may already know this but WGFJ won't help codeine, in fact, it's the opposite of what you want since you don't want to inhibit the conversion of codeine to morphine.

You're best bet is to cut back for awhile so that your tolerance will lower. This really is the best way to 'potentiate' the effects.

It almost goes without saying that mixing benzodiazepines and opioids is dangerous. I'll spare the lecture, though, cause I know you are no spring chicken. Just be careful.

I've never considered the mix of benzodiazepines + opioid to be potentiation. Always felt like they just mixed effects, not potentiated each other, but for me the sedation was never the goal from opioids so that may be why I felt this way?

WGFJ with DHC never seemed to do much potentiation when I tried mixing them, YMMV. You may already know this but WGFJ won't help codeine, in fact, it's the opposite of what you want since you don't want to inhibit the conversion of codeine to morphine.

You're best bet is to cut back for awhile so that your tolerance will lower. This really is the best way to 'potentiate' the effects.

My goal from opiates is not sedation neither, thats what i use benzos for but i rarely ever use diazepam or any benzo for that matter being honest. Just need to know of any simple OTC potenator, maybe promethazine ?

I cant cut back mate, my pain is too much to deal with without relief. I completely understand its the best way

Yea pain is a bitch, I get it. Hopefully someone can be more helpful. Unfortunately I don't think there is much that is really going to help much to be honest, but maybe somebody else knows something I don't. Good luck.

I have never used dihydrocodeine, but I always compare it to hydrodocodone (maybe slightly weaker) in terms of potency. A decent dose of antihistamines always did the trick for me.
There have been many nights when my opiates have satiated my WDs and cravings but never quite provided relief. In these cases I have found it beneficial to take 50-100mg of diphenhydramine and/or prescribed dose of benzos.
This doesn't necessarily make feel GOOD, but it does allow me to forget about the pain long enough to go to sleep. If you are trying to stay awake, then replacing the antihistamines with a low dose of amphetamines makes a huge difference. The amps potentate the analgesic effects of opioids in low-moderate doses, but be very careful in how you dose these. It can turn from relief to horror in an instant if you take too much.

Ok guys if i buy the promethazine tablets (antihistamine) without codeine from the chemist. will this do the trick ? I am not seeking a high, i can easily achieve that but i dont want to, im not looking for a high, im have enough choice of tablets to do so without having to ask so yea its nothing like that its about getting the most out of EACH tablet effect/benefit wise.

I have never used dihydrocodeine, but I always compare it to hydrodocodone (maybe slightly weaker) in terms of potency. A decent dose of antihistamines always did the trick for me.
There have been many nights when my opiates have satiated my WDs and cravings but never quite provided relief. In these cases I have found it beneficial to take 50-100mg of diphenhydramine and/or prescribed dose of benzos.
This doesn't necessarily make feel GOOD, but it does allow me to forget about the pain long enough to go to sleep. If you are trying to stay awake, then replacing the antihistamines with a low dose of amphetamines makes a huge difference. The amps potentate the analgesic effects of opioids in low-moderate doses, but be very careful in how you dose these. It can turn from relief to horror in an instant if you take too much.

Would the above said medication do the trick, its an antihistamine, i dont want to add the diazepam if possible i get too sedated which i dont want they are purely for anxiety issues when required.

Yea pain is a bitch, I get it. Hopefully someone can be more helpful. Unfortunately I don't think there is much that is really going to help much to be honest, but maybe somebody else knows something I don't. Good luck.

Do you know about the promethazine tablets you can buy otc in the UK ? Would that help in adding to the potency of effects ?

DHC & Phenergan

Okay i was told by a back door chemist that phenergan tablets combined with DHC (dihydrocodeine) will really give it that kick, but didnt tell me how many phenergan, i had to buy these he just gave me said information and sometimes free boxes of meds but i wont get into that.

Anyway i have started out 120mg DHC
With 25mg Phenergan

and i dont feel much. should i now double that ?

Like with codeine i was on over 400mg daily combined with tramadol

with the DHC i rarely find the need for tramadol anymore, first time in over 6 years i felt no need for tramadol so please help me here guys im down to the 1 opiate now but im looking to get the most out of each tablet weather that be combined with something non opiate/benzo.

The promethazine is better than the diazepam in my opinion. It's one of the best potentiators out there for opioids. I used to take 25-50mg with my opiates and it made a big difference.
Just be careful how much you take or you will just end up passing out. Normally 50mg with my opiates would bring on a nod, so I would use less if you are trying to take this and be functional throughout the day.

The promethazine is better than the diazepam in my opinion. It's one of the best potentiators out there for opioids. I used to take 25-50mg with my opiates and it made a big difference.
Just be careful how much you take or you will just end up passing out. Normally 50mg with my opiates would bring on a nod, so I would use less if you are trying to take this and be functional throughout the day.

I wish id have seen this earlier hahahahaha. Omg man, i had 150mg phenergan (promethazine) with like 300mg DHC (dihydrocodeine) and i was on the xbox playing a game next i knew i woke up with a stiff a hella hurting neck from the nod and passing out. Man ! Im use to codeine in high doses but not dihydrocodeine, they are a lot stronger, stronger than tramadol but a long shot imo and work faster, better.

Others may have different opinions, but yeah.

Yeah that promethazine doesn't joke around. I would be knocked out by 100mg of promethazine by itself. Glad you are safe though that's what matters.

For me even 25 mg promethazine solo will make me a retard for half a day and probably knock me out

I'd say start with 25 mg + your normal codeine/dhc dosage and add more if you're not satisfied with the results

For me even 25 mg promethazine solo will make me a retard for half a day and probably knock me out

I'd say start with 25 mg + your normal codeine/dhc dosage and add more if you're not satisfied with the results

Learned it the hard way lol. But thanks that is what i will take and no more no matter what. I didnt know how potent it can be phenergan to be sold OTC.