• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Different tolerances and effects of Benzos, Z-drugs and alcohol

AlienwareDiazepam

Greenlighter
Hi guys, first post on here. Just wanted a second opinion or if this is the right subsection to do it in but I am wondering if others have had the same effects.

I am a regular alcohol drinker, I am prescribed diazepam and stilnox

Although I also take xanax and temazepam aswell (unprescribed but I don't mix, or get to the point where I am unable to function anymore). I know my limits.

I also have a high tolerance so take this into account too.

But my question is this: I took 8mg xanax. In 2mg tablets 4x over the course of yesterday.

And I didn't feel a thing. No sedation, muscle relaxation or anti-anxiety.

Today I took my usual dose of valium 2x5mg totalling 10mg.

But it still works just as it did when it first started. It calmed my panic attack down and produced mild sedation and muscle relaxation.

Same with stilnox. I can take my usual dose of 1x 10mg tablet and fall asleep pretty quick.

But taking say 30mg temazepam won't do a thing. No sedation, nothing.

Does anyone encounter anything like this?

I know that xanax and stilnox are the fastest and most potent out of all 4.

But why does stilnox and valium still work when the other 2 don't?

A lot of others I know who are prescribed xanax or temazepam have the opposite effect.

2-4mg xanax will knock them out but 20mg valium and they won't feel a thing. 10mg stilnox will make them drowsy but 30mg temazepam will make them sleep.

I think it's strange the only one that has anti-xylotic effects still is the least potent and longest lasting - valium is the only one which still works vs the more potent xanax?

Even in low doses valium will always calm me down but no matter how many xanax I can't it won't do f**k all.

Any contributions helpful. Admin delete if not allowed or move it to the appropriate forum. Thanks.

There's no science to back this up but me theory on different benzodiazepines each persons body metabolize them differently, and some are just better for you then they are for others. I have a buddy who can take 10 mg of Xanax and be conscious, but if he takes anywhere near the converted dose in klonopin he's gone like the wind.

For me, I can take 8 mg of Ativan and be fine, but 2-4 mg of Xanax and I'm blacking out.

I think also maybe you can build a tolerance to a particular chemical and it may remain that way, in some sense,
Forever.

Just my opinion