• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Did you start with weed?

i dont think its a gateway drug caus ei know people who have been smoking since freshman in high school, and havent strayed from weed and alcohol, it depends on the person. i started with weed and it skyrocketed from there.
1. weed
2. salvia
3. Mushrooms
4. LSD
5. DXM
6. Nitrous
7. Coke
8. Methadone
9. Hashish
10. Speed
11. MDMA
12.LSA

soon to come for me is some mescaline, should be fun

1. Mamma's umbilicus
2. Mamma's nipple
3. Baby food
4. Peas & Carrots
5. Cigarettes
6. Cheap liquor
7. Mary Wanna (and her seester too)
8. Meth
9. PCP
10. Coke
11. Heroin, acid, most of the 2C-x's, etc.
12. Incarceration
13. Death, just as the authorities said would happen if I didn't listen and obey.

From beyond the grave: "It's true, breast milk is the gateway drug..."

I would have started on acid if it had been available at the time I had first read about it... However, weed came around first and I gave that a try. Not forgetting of course the horrible horrible drug that is ethyl alcohol, and everyone's favourite abusable stimulant, caffeine!

the whole "gateway theory" is complete bullshit and you all know it. weed isn't the criminal here. if you want a scapegoat, blame the drug dealers that sell teens weed, and then start slinging pills and other random shit, and spark their curiosity. Or maybe humans are just curious, and parents don't keep track of their teens enough. they cant...not if they would like their kid to have a social life and go outside. It all boils down to one simple fact. The fucking person that is naturally and/or has been externally conditioned, unconsciously, to seek thrills, fun, mystery, chaos, and the divine. A lot of times it's mostly chaos, but shit is it a fun thrill to go through the chaos and be in the presence of the mysterious divine. :) Or maybe I'll just answer the fucking question and say alcohol. so there, the gateway "theory' is as much a theory as the FACTS of SCIENTOLOGY. SCIENTOLOGY man!~:p

tobala said:
1. Mamma's umbilicus
2. Mamma's nipple
3. Baby food
4. Peas & Carrots
5. Cigarettes
6. Cheap liquor
7. Mary Wanna (and her seester too)
8. Meth
9. PCP
10. Coke
11. Heroin, acid, most of the 2C-x's, etc.
12. Incarceration
13. Death, just as the authorities said would happen if I didn't listen and obey.

From beyond the grave: "It's true, breast milk is the gateway drug..."
omg this is pure genious funny. you're not also ebola, are you bro?

i agree that it's more about the state of mind someone is in when they start smoking weed, than weed actually having some kind of property that sends you off the deep end.

the first shit i did, not counting caffein and things of the like, were my perscriptions.

i remember taking ambien, thinking it wasnt working, taking more, becoming fucked up enough on it that i realised what it was doing, and than eating the rest of the script over the next few days. i was 13, and i couldnt believe that something i got from the doctor could produce such a feeling as i'd never had, to actually step outside what i normally thought and act all loopy until i passed out.

what brings us to other drugs, is the fact that we did any in the first place. it's crammed down your throat from the time your a kid, that they are wrong, and once you've crossed that threshold of rebellion, a revolution takes place in your mind that you'd rather not integrate back into the common opinion without seing for yourself... i think thats why most people are led to post in a forrum like this anyway.

i love the insight and level of personal growth, and spiritual development psychedelics have given me, but that wasnt my attitude getting into it. i was looking for something that fucked me up, and it turned my world upside down... but thats another story, for another thread.

I don't think weed was a gateway drug for me, I got caught with weed the first few months I smoked it, so it didn't seem like I was going to continue my drug use. On the same road trip I got caught, we ended up in a club in Canada. I had my first X pill that night from a friend's friend.

X was basically my intro to the drug world, and that's when I started researching it heavily, becoming an informed user. Haven't stopped since, though I don't roll anymore and stay away from any "hard" drugs in the sense of addiction. Like it has already been said, it really depends on the person to see if they will venture any farther. I do think weed is a good "intro" though to the whole world of substances.

I started with prescription adderall (prescribed to me, and used as prescribed).

Worst drug I have ever taken.

marijuana introduces the "high life" to alot of people, and since it's illegal, it's not only going to be looked upon as a "gateway drug" but a "gateway to harder drugs"... but look at it, alcohol and cigarettes, that's the original precursor to highs in this society (simply because it's legal and is tolerated).. in my opinion (if marijuana were to be legal), alcohol, cigarettes, and weed are equally a gateway drug. legality and the imprint society leaves (such as rebellion, etc) creates that dangerous curiosity for younger people.... but to answer your question, yeah man, i started with weed (besides alcohol/cigarettes). :)

I first tried cigarettes and alcohol when i was about 12. When I was 14 I started smoking weed. Within a few months after smoking weed for the first time I had tried both codiene and acid. By age 16 I had done hydrocodone, xanax, soma, and adderall. I also started taking shrooms around that time. At age 17 I started doing ecstasy. Many of the ecstasy pills that I have eaten have contained methamphetamine, I've never done the drug by itself, but I have taken so many pills that contained meth that I have to put that one on my list too. I started doing nitrous oxide a lot after I started taking e. Around this time I also discovered other legal drugs such as salvia divinorum, dxm, and LSA. Around age 19 I tried cocaine. Then shortly after becomming 21 I started doing oxycontin. I also tried methadone after that. I think thats it, I'll edit it if i remember anything else.
So heres my list in chronological order(as well as i can remember anyway):
1 tobacco
2 alcohol
3 weed
4 codiene
5 LSD
6 hydrocodone
7 xanax
8 soma
9 adderall
10 shrooms
11 ecstasy
12 meth(mixed in with e)
13 nitrous oxide
14 salvia divinorum
15 dxm
16 LSA
17 cocaine
18 oxycontin
19 methadone

I did:

1. MDMA
2. Meth
3. LSD
4. Coke
5. benzos, opiates, amphetamines, whatever pharms I could get my hands on
6. weed

I still don't really like weed and almost never do it

I'm going to leave a lot out but here goes, in order of when I tried them... this could be fun remembering (or not):
marijuana
alcohol
mushrooms
nitrous
LSD
benzos of all kinds
hydrocodone
MDMA
amphetamine
methamphetamine
MDA
foxy
oxycodone
heroin
5-MeO-DMT
***long break from all drugs***
DMT/harmaline
2CE
2CT2
methylone
2CB
4-AcO-DMT
DMT (vap)
DPT
2CD
2CT7

Thats it...I think I'm forgetting some tryptamines (how could I!?).

Next to try:
AMT
4-HO-DMT
4-HO-NMT
MET (if my wish comes true)
5-MeO-MET (if my super secret wish comes true)

discovered in this order:

nicotine
caffeine
alcohol
weed/hash
codeine
poppers
lsd
mdma + assorted stuff in dirty pills
amphetamine
mushrooms
nitrous
ketamine
cocaine
heroin
opium
2c-b
methamphetamine
various researched and unresearched psychedelic tryptamines/phenethylamines etc. ("RCs")
salvia
GHB
benzodiazepines + other sleeping pills
dxm
hydrocodone
kratom
crack
dmt
ayahuasca
some lesser-known stimulants

What I use most regularly are nicotine (an ongoing battle), weed/hash (another battle), and alcohol (not really a battle, though socially it seems hard to do without). And I do rely on the buzz of caffeine a fair bit as well. On and off I use psychedelics now, but this is in no way a daily habit, not even a weekly one, though there are phases where I use more than once a week. Very rarely do I use benzodiazepines or any other downers, and I also do not use stimulants very often. Seems the stuff I got into the youngest has had the strongest hold on me.

Last edited:
I started with weed. JUst drank and smoked for about 4 years until i started trying other drugs

weed
alcohol
coke
codeine
mdma
hydrocodone/oxycodone
speed
meth
benzos
shrooms
lsd
2c-i
4-aco-dmt

i started out with cigs/nicotine + alcohol before trying weed...

after discovering weed and it's effects - it did open my eyes for further experimentation

Yeah I started with alcohol then weed then E then adderall and xanax and coke? I don't believe all that bullshit it's a gateway drug. I wanted to see more and feel more. Weed had nothing to do with it. I only like it when i'm on the comeup or comedown or even socially if it's there, but other than that i really don't care for it