• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Did I Take Too Much Hydroxyzine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZmachi420

Greenlighter
So let me start off by saying this, I do not have access to a doctor or hospital at the moment. Please understand my situation, if you have any facts about this medication i really appreciate it!

Ive been taking hydroxyzine for about 10 days now..i take just about 250mg at night to fall asleep, Well, i ran out and the last 3 days or so have been very odd and scary, It started to feel like the onset of heroin withdrawal,but i also had tremors like youd get from alcohol withdrawal? hypersensitive to light touch sound, just very uncomfortable. however it has just gotten worse. I havent slept in 3 days , i feel like im on meth and a small dose of acid and everything is just really really not good, when i speak out loud my speech sounds delayed and my ears arent picking up 100%, like a distorted speaker. Of course anxiety to the max accompanied by paranoia and small hallucinations , very sensitive to touch sound and light ect. when i look online about this in hydroxyzine it isnt saying much. But its the only reason i can thiink of making me feel this way???
could it be something else?
If it is the medication and someone has experienced this before can you please let me know how long its going to be around for? im highly uncomfortable.
Anyone and everyones advice is welcome, try not tto be too hard on me and understand i cannot get to a doctor. thank you!

It very well could be "something else." Hydroxyzine is primarily an antihistamine but has some serotonergic actions as well so perhaps you are experiencing something akin to an SSRI withdrawal but Ive never seen nor heard of it doing that, hence the something else.

Were you really taking 250mg? Thats more than double the max dose and 10 times the starting dose. If this persists, I implore you to get checked out.

Hydroxyzine is for sleep. Technically it has some anticholinergic properties, possibly at this dose.

He didn?t say how much he was taking the past nine days or so, but guy is probably going to feel somewhat stimulated on the non drowsy antihistamine metabolite of Hydroxyzine for a minute, depending on how many half life?s are involved.

Stay hydrated buddy. For sleep, chamomile or any of that sleepy time tea will do.

Take some fish oil or alpha gpc for the anticholinergic effects, if they are bothersome.

Out of every sleep remedy I seen, there are a few good ones. Stay away from loperamide. You do not need that.

Hey thanks for the reply, yea i understand what it is. and Yes i mixed it with some etizolam a few days ago. but honestly this doesnt feel like a withdrawal, and WD from an antihistamine? lol i dont think so....I was taking the medication to help with sleep since ive been through heroin detox, and i always "over" dose my medication. however this didnt start until a few days ago when i completely ran out of this medication.

thank you so much! yes im extremely fucking stimulated lol. and it sucks i definitely feel like im on acid and meth. I took roughly 250mgs-275mgs before bed everyday for the last 9 days or so. maybe occasionally was drunk, dont know if that has anything to do with it. started noticing some3thing was wrong because of my hands and legs shaking. took the medication and it went away but now its on full swing. i dont want to even touch this shit. I have more coming in the mail today, it helps me sleep, but this feeling is stupid annoying. im not a person who likese to be awake. i enjoy downers. hate stimulants! so im sure you can imagine the type of psychological torture this is.. i even find myself pushing my tongue against my teeth like i do when im on uppers......no appetite at all so hard to stay hydrated. how long do you think this will last?

it honestly feels like i have brain damage or some shit. like i really 100% feel like i have been being fed a steady stream of meth for the last 3 days. not even interested in smoking a cig.

Do you get vertigo or have low iron? Go to chemist and ask for stemizine as it helps balance you out. Actually this does not sound related to stopping that med and more a disruption of the balance which happens behind your ears.

i can not sleep, and its difficult to eat. i tried eating yesterday and it didnt seem to do anything for my situation..lol

it honestly feels like i have brain damage or some shit. like i really 100% feel like i have been being fed a steady stream of meth for the last 3 days. not even interested in smoking a cig.

This isn't surprising. Our bodies are amazing, which means they try to counteract things we might do to ourselves by stimulating the opposite effect (homeostasis). In this case, since you took such an enormous quantity of something sedating, expect the opposite effect for a few days or even weeks until things level out. I'd recommend you don't touch hydroxyzine or anything similar for quite a while. If you want to sleep, do some intensive exercise.

was thinking about calling poison control or something to get a better reading on the situation. I would go to doctor but im in japan, been taking the medication non prescribed and offline and i dont think theyll be too happy with that and possibly , 100% will call the police as it is the law here......and last time i went to japans hospital thats exactly what happened so im good on japans hospitals atm. lol.

would it be helpful or just more harmful to take a small dose of hydroxyzine? to combat the symptoms?

would it be helpful or just more harmful to take a small dose of hydroxyzine? to combat the symptoms?

Of course it would be harmful. Go for an intensive 30-40 minute run.

And if you think things are still getting worse, you'll need to go to a doctor.

I am pretty sure in my current state i will die of a heart attack if i do any physical activities. just walking to the other room is taking all my energy and my heart feels like its gunna come out of my chest. so i think ill pass on the whole 30-40 minute run thing.

If you think you're going to have a heart attack, you should really be in hospital.

i'd consider it being something unrelated to hydroxyzine... i took 300mg+ nightly for about 4 months, no withdrawal at all.

That is an extremely high dose of hydroxyzine, and with it's antipsychotic activity your probably feeling insanely overstimulated without it. If you look up "mast cell overactivation" and "antipsychotic withdrawal" symptoms they may match up with many of the changes you're experiencing. Histamine can really mess with the whole body, and dealing with increased D2 stimulation at the same time sounds like it could be rough. If you can get ahold of benzos (just temporarily) or an anti psychotic would definitely help. Hang in there :\

thanks that is incredibly helpful. should i take a small dose of hydroxyzine? I dont have anything else and im going a strong 4-5 days now with not much food water, and sleep. its pretty bad. i figured it would subside by now but its has not.

Force yourself to eat anything. Soup, broth, something light and nutritious.

The Hydroxyzine is adding to the issue your having. Don?t take anymore.

Do you have health stores that sell herbs?

Scullcap, Chamomile and Valerian all work great in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.