• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Did I Overdose?

Cinz

Greenlighter
Hi,

Lately, I've been getting unsual panic attacks when shooting H. I am not sure whether its a panic attack, a mild OD, or a panic attack made worse by some sort of cut.

Well this morning I did two bags, I think it was pretty strong. But all of a sudden I started panicking about my difficulty breathing. My body got tight and when I stepped out of the car my legs were shaking badly and my whole body was STIFF. My neck was stiff, I was literally very stiff and shaky. My eyes were bloodshot red and my face looked very stressed out. I tried to relax my body but it was very hard.

Also during these strange episodes, my stomach bloats really badly, sometimes to the point where my stomach hurts from bloating air. Like air is trapped inside my stomach or something and sometimes it feels like it will rupture or something. My heart rate goes up rapidly as well.

I went to the ER one time during an episode like this and my bp was high like 160/100 and HR of 160+, they never told me anything.

What is this event that happened to me? Could it just be a paranoia/anxiety/panic episode? Could it be some sort of stimulant-like cut? Or was it my body trying to fight a mild OD?- Like technically if you can't breathe, doesnt your heart rate go up, which is what happened in my case. I became aware that my breathing was very shallow, but I'm not sure if it was caused by the anxiety, or just seemed that way because I focued on my breathing to see if I was having breathing difficulties, and sometimes its a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't get this ever on pharmaceutical grade opiates like when I IV dilaudid it feels really good and disables any chance of getting a panic attack.

One thing that really concerned me was my stomach was enlarging so largely it looked bloated/ about to burst. My eyes were also red which reminded me of the times on stimulant-induced paranoia. My body was very reflexie and tight, I was a bit agitated. Vision slightly distorted. Disoriented and almost felt as if the floor was moving beneath me.

No one here can tell you what's in your drugs. Opiates can cause difficulty breathing as well as bloating both of which can raise HR and BP. Obviously stimulants can do this as well.