• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazis and alcohol

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay so I've had 50mg diazepam as of today I use prescribed regular and wondering if a Stella 7.5 alcohol content is safe and willl it give me any sort of side effects, a buzz, tiredness, anything at all ?

Please move to appropriate forum if not correct I'm using the mobile version unable to access the link to normal site access.

peace ✌️

So you are tolerant to that dose of diazepam? How long have you been taking it? I assume you know this is a fairly high dose.

Anyways, as long as you don't try to drive or operate machinery you probably won't die from drinking a beer. You might black out, although if you're tolerant to the diazepam it isn't a sure thing. Any side effects you normally get from the diazepam and alcohol alone will be amplified by using them together.

Definitely avoid drinking more than one or two standard drinks. Really alcohol with benzos, particularly a high dose like this, should be avoided for a number of reasons.

Basically it isn't safe but it isn't super duper dangerous either. Risky, definitely.

I would also be wary of redosing. It's really easy--especially when you're​ throwing other downers into the mix--to end up convincing yourself to redose over and over again. You might end up on a binge that you'll never remember.

That is so true. Blacking out is far more common when redosing. Barbiturates apparently used to be notorious for people taking their sleeping pill with a glass of scotch, deciding to have another drink, then blacking out and drinking enough to be found cold and stiff once the morning.

Okay so I've had 50mg diazepam as of today I use prescribed regular and wondering if a Stella 7.5 alcohol content is safe and willl it give me any sort of side effects, a buzz, tiredness, anything at all ?

Please move to appropriate forum if not correct I'm using the mobile version unable to access the link to normal site access.

peace ✌️

As a general rule, I try and discourage combining benzos and alcohol. Taking them together when naive to one or both can undoubtedly be dangerous. Where it becomes especially problematic compared to say, a benzo/opiate combo, is the effects being greatly amplified from BOTH include your inhibitions falling off a cliff. This can lead to reckless re-dosing and consequently going to sleep permanently without even realizing you're doing it.

That being said, drinking one beer with 50mg of diazepam is certainly not going to kill you. Before I stopped drinking I would drink on diazepam all the time. Of course I was also extremely tolerant to both. Just be careful and keep in mind this combination is one of the more dangerous ones out there.