• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos diazepam several hours after drinking

Keets

Greenlighter
I took the first diazepam 10mg last night before bed. The next day I had 4 screwdrivers over a period of 3-4 hours and barely felt the affect of the alcohol. Than around 5 took another diazepam, after reading how bad it can be for you I'm afraid to go to sleep now. I just started diazepam last night and it made me sleepy for 20 mins or so I fell asleep,than I was up for the rest of the night it was not calming at all. It has been 7 hours since drinking and 5 hours since diazepam. I felt a little sleepy for about 30 mins and it wore off pretty quick. My doc said I would have such great sleep but it did the opposite but I'm still worried to go to sleep now. Someone told me if I waited between the two I would be fine but I'm freaking out after reading all kinds of stories online.

You'll be fine, especially at such a low dose of diazepam. Just go enjoy your sleep, unless you're experiencing breathing issues right now you're fine to sleep.

No breathing issues, but now I just have anxiety now. This stuff is seeming to do the opposite of what my doc said.

First of all do not listen to all the horror story's buddy! get them out your head! sounds like you need to get your dose up bit! Also do not worry about OD'ing on valium its really hard to od just on benzos! if mixed with alcohol then theres a chance respitory depression! But only if your drinking heavy! If you feel that your breating ok but just cant sleep take more you will be ok as long as your not drunk when you actually take them! And your docter should not have gave you diazepam for sleep! there more more daytime use! anxiety! some docters really dont have a clue! (no offence) but if its sleep and anxiety releif then he shoud of gave you Nitrazepam! a longer acting Hypnotic Benzo! So you would not be waking up!

Ask your docter either to up your dosages but in my opion and i know my benzos you should ask for Nitrazepam! If he sais no ask for Temazepam! Temazepam are a bit shorter acting but help you sleep and you dont really feel groggy in the morning!

Hope that helped! i am new to bluelight lol :)

First of all do not listen to all the horror story's buddy! get them out your head! sounds like you need to get your dose up bit! Also do not worry about OD'ing on valium its really hard to od just on benzos! if mixed with alcohol then theres a chance respitory depression! But only if your drinking heavy! If you feel that your breating ok but just cant sleep take more you will be ok as long as your not drunk when you actually take them! And your docter should not have gave you diazepam for sleep! there more more daytime use! anxiety! some docters really dont have a clue! (no offence) but if its sleep and anxiety releif then he shoud of gave you Nitrazepam! a longer acting Hypnotic Benzo! So you would not be waking up!

Ask your docter either to up your dosages but in my opion and i know my benzos you should ask for Nitrazepam! If he sais no ask for Temazepam! Temazepam are a bit shorter acting but help you sleep and you dont really feel groggy in the morning!

Hope that helped! i am new to bluelight lol :)
Thanks for the info, I'm not sure why he gave me that really. It is a new doc that I have seen only once. I go back tomorrow for a physical so maybe I'll ask than. It isn't just for sleep and anxiety I have other things going on as well so maybe that's why. Also I was drinking a lot to help me fall asleep but would wake up at 2 in the morning restless. My husband commented on how he didn't see a difference with the diazepam. So it's probably not for me.

Valium has a short window where it can make you sleepy - if you miss that window then you can easily stay awake. They do not knock you out like some of the other benzos so don't worry if you don't fall asleep. Valium makes you relaxed but if your stressing yourself out about it not working then it wont work and your defeating the object of taking them.

Take the valium when your ready for bed and relax - when you feel the effects then just lie down and chill out, if you find that 10mg does not make you sleep up the dose to 15mg and make an appointment with your doctor and explain they are not working for you. Be careful with using them long term, especially daily as your tolerance can build fairly quickly.

7 hours after consuming alcohol and 5 hours since your last tablet is long enough to be able to take another tablet.

Valium has a short window where it can make you sleepy - if you miss that window then you can easily stay awake. They do not knock you out like some of the other benzos so don't worry if you don't fall asleep. Valium makes you relaxed but if your stressing yourself out about it not working then it wont work and your defeating the object of taking them.

Take the valium when your ready for bed and relax - when you feel the effects then just lie down and chill out, if you find that 10mg does not make you sleep up the dose to 15mg and make an appointment with your doctor and explain they are not working for you. Be careful with using them long term, especially daily as your tolerance can build fairly quickly.

7 hours after consuming alcohol and 5 hours since your last tablet is long enough to be able to take another tablet.

its definatley not ment to be long term. He prescribed me 30 for 10mg a day but he was wanting to,check in in a week or two. maybe once I get the alcohol withdraws over with hopefully.

Agreed^^

It may be the case that if the Diaz continues not to work it might just not be for you people react different with benzos! try switch to a different benzo! just depends on what your doc thinks at the end of the day docs could be mistaken! or just not know alot about that area of health! at times for example you mentioned its not just for sleep there is others benzos depending on were u stay! Docters tend to prescribe different benzos! Aprazolam (Xanax) (never in UK) i think cause of abuse! but its good 1 i think that would help your anxiety! Onset is quicker and its harder hitting in my opinion! Short acting thats why it hits you fast! but does not last as long also has a kind of anti depressant effect! (feel good) ) To be clear im not saying its an anti deppresant) but it defo works better for anxiety! but Maybe evan Lorazepam (Ativan) or Clonazepam!

Have chat with your doc! discuss it! also maybe try discuss why your having this anxiety! getting to the root is always the best way at the end of the day! Also Benzos are very addictive as im sure you have read an know! 3 weeks 4 max i would say for use! any longer and tolerence and dependency can accur! easily if your taking them for anxiety!

Take it easy hope you feel better! i know how bad anxiety can be!

Peace :)

Last edited:
You should be fine op. 10mgs of valium didn't even really do anything for me although I do have a bit of a benzo tolerance.

You should be fine op. 10mgs of valium didn't even really do anything for me although I do have a bit of a benzo tolerance.
I have only taken it twice so there isn't any tolerance but I still didn't feel anything from it.

So if you dont mind me aksing lol your not drinking and sleeping? nice 1! you still using 10mg Diazepam at night?

So if you dont mind me aksing lol your not drinking and sleeping? nice 1! you still using 10mg Diazepam at night?

I was given the diazepam because,I had some really bad neck and jaw tension so,the doc gave me a script to help and said it might help with sleep. But I screwed and was drinking at my sons party and really needed the Diaz. At the time I had no intentions of quitting alcohol but I didn't want to mix them. After some bad withdrawals the diazepam makes me sleep through the night. 7 days alohocol free today, I would take the diazepam and have a good sleep any day now after a week of hell trying to,quit drinking. I have been taking 15mg at night as 10 just makes me feel meh 15 knocks me out. I on tapering it down once the alcohol withdrawals are completely gone and just using belsomra