• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam question

althea16

Bluelighter
If I take 10-20mg, sometimes 30mg, of diazepam per day for three weeks will I develop an addiction/dependence?

The addiction part of this always is subjective but lets not pretend like that isn't a obvious recreational dosage at least 30mg 10-20 can be more common medically.

However 3 continual weeks day in and day out of using any drug is going to have some chemical hooks, weather you want to or not with continuing the drug might have little affect on how you feel coming off and more so you just like the feeling, that would be addiction mentally, and while not certain its probable to say the least. As for how you take it can affect this all at once, once a day or multiple times throughout is more likely to become dose dependant and withdrawal but none of this is a set in stone going to happen scenario again its highly subjective but I'm going to put my guess out there and say your more likely than not going to form certainly a physical dependence of some sort even if hardly noticeable, as for mental who knows but again more likely than not.

With out any more information on your past drug usage, etc.

You may be Saturday's child all grown
Moving with a pinch of grace
You may be a clown in the burying ground
Or just another pretty face
You may be the fate of Ophelia
Sleeping and perchance to dream
Honest to the point of recklessness
Self-centred to the extreme
Ain't nobody messin' with you but you
Your friends are getting most concerned
Loose with the truth, maybe its your fire
Baby I hope you don't get burned
When the smoke has cleared, she said
That's what she said to me
You're gonna want a bed to lay your head
And a little sympathy

You'll be starting one at least. How much of one in that time depends on you (your physiology, etc...)

What about Carisoprodol (Soma)? Would you say the same for this? I have taken 500 - 1500mg per day usually at night for a few months? Will stopping these cause withdrawal??

You will want more. Diazepam feels so good but benzos in general seem to be such a terrible trigger drug for so many of us to go off the rails completely.