• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam/alcohol/weed

HighTIMESog

Greenlighter
Hi guys I just wanted to enquire and get opinions and your advice or experience, about Valium use with alcohol and weed, so I don’t usually take benzos, and I’m a big dude 180kg over 6ft, I took 6 5mg diazepams, and smoked shit loads of weed expecting to get mega buzzed, and mind you I smoke the dons, I’m not just saying that either, iv been smoking for 11 years

now I did feel the buzz and a calmness, I know it’s a anxiety/panic attack drug, so don’t come at me saying why would you abuse or use to get High, I got bored and wanted to experiment

So I took 30mg of valium, and smoked weed, felt a nice buzz then went to bed, then the next day I lazed about the house, and took another 20mg 18-20 hours later with 4 cans of 9% alcohol

I did this cause I Read on here it can increase the benzo by 10x, I would say I felt buzzed nicely, but I wasn’t wrecked like people say, I didn’t black out, I didn’t come close, I remember everything

so my question is, how much is a safe amount, being a larger bloke maybe I can handle more? Or maybe it’s just not the High I’m wanting?

I don’t use opiates, I really only smoke weed for 11 years daily every day

so what have you done on valium? How many mg is safe

Body weight has no effect on benzos.

You're unlikely to black out on diazepam, it's not really that type of benzo, but you can get real sedated and pass out from too much especially with booze in the mix.

Mixing booze and benzos is, imo, not really that fun but mixing with weed is the way to go. If you got just a mild buzz from 30mg you can try 50mg with a nice fat spliff and you should feel a nice good body high and a calm head high. I found when I first mixed Vallies and weed the muscle relaxation overpowered me and I wobbled when I walked but it felt sooo good.

As this is an HR forum I will also say benzos are obviously addictive and using them too often will get you into trouble so be careful with that.

Can you build a tolerance by taking it too much too soon?

Benzos absolutely build tolerance but this happens from sustained use. If you took benzos every day for weeks you will notice tolerance. If you use only on weekends it's much less of a problem.

The real danger of benzos is the psychological addiction, where you will think "ah fuck it let's take one of these to keep me calm today" and you will justify to yourself doing this daily until you find yourself hooked.

If you are able to keep your use casual you will be fine, but just be aware of the potential for addiction and avoid regular use.

Mixing booze and benzos is, imo, not really that fun but mixing with weed is the way to go
Strong disagree. Mixing benzos with alcohol is far more enjoyable than benzos on their own.

When I drank I used to take moderate doses of Klonopin or Ativan plus a beer or two. Or three . Great combo and easy to do without blacking out, at least for myself, and makes u feel way more floaty and relaxed without the body load of getting wasted purely on alcohol. Just melting all the physical tension in your body

Strong disagree. Mixing benzos with alcohol is far more enjoyable than benzos on their own.

When I drank I used to take moderate doses of Klonopin or Ativan plus a beer or two. Or three . Great combo and easy to do without blacking out, at least for myself, and makes u feel way more floaty and relaxed without the body load of getting wasted purely on alcohol. Just melting all the physical tension in your body

Interesting that's how I feel mixing it with weed. But if I mix with booze I just get more of the bad sides (blacking out, difficulty speaking or walking, basically getting sloppy) but without any real extra euphoria. Just makes me wanna lay down and sleep it off.

Depends on the person and the benzo I guess. Should also be noted from an HR perspective there is more of a risk with booze and benzo combos since they're both CNS depressants. Death is very rare but they interact directly and can easily cause more side effects.