• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dextromethorphan time-warp(ish) side effect?

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
I'm just going to jump straight into this.

I have had a weird experience with Dextromethorphan (Henceforth DXM) when only taking at low doses (Reccomended doses to the upper limit of the first plateau), and I haven't been able to find anything about it in my efforts to find what in the world was going on scientifically in my head to cause this weird side effect.

The side effect is best described with an example. I'm having a conversation about 2 hours after the DXM kicks in, and they say a full sentence while I believe that I'm concentrating on what they are saying, but all of a sudden the only memory of the sentence I have is them saying it verrryyyyyyyyyy slowly and then all of a sudden, time goes back to when they first started saying the sentence and they say it VeryQuicklyLikeHolyShit and then I'm back in the present.

It confuses the shit out of me, and I've learned not to lose my shit after it happens because it has happened so many times, but it just really confuses me as to what is going on, because I can't find anyone else talking about this and it happens probably at least one time every dose, sometimes more.

That's basically all I have, does anyone else experience this or know what is going on? Any help is appreciated!

Pupnik's probably got your answer for you, though I've never experienced that. It seems rather scary, too.

The most DXM did to me was dissociate me (900 mg) and make me feel numb, both physically and mentally. It distorted the way I heard sounds but only in a way that made them sound far away, not actually slowed down or anything like that. At the very least, it made me super "drunk."

I think this is an interesting aspect of DXM.

For me reallly intense Panic attacks brought on from drug use (mainly with dissociatives) can make me feel like this sometimes, everything slows down dramatically then feels like it speeds up past real time. Usually comes with its heavy anxiety and DP.