• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Dextroamphetamine

Mariefallon

Greenlighter
Dr started me on dextroamphetamine a month ago for my chronic fatigue. It is not helping. Anyone out there know what dose to actually give energy

Hey, new user here, just registered to answer this post. I was also started on Dex about a month ago for ME/CFS, currently getting a lot of benefit from it taking 5mg at about 8-9am and then another at about 2pm if I need to keep being productive. I have a super sensitive system though, and I know a lot of people require 2 tablets in the morning and 1-2 in the afternoon, if not more.

What dose are you prescribed? I find that even as low as 10mg is enough to wake me up but I don't have chronic fatigue. I would suggest speaking to your doctor though if the dose isn't working for you.

I actually find armodafinil to be more effective at keeping me alert without allowing me to get distracted by every vaguely interesting thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
Amp king tuning in here, for a new user id say 10-20mg and then you can figure it out from there...... don't take them for fun or just becauase you can because i'm fucking unfortunately working my way close to a gram of amp / day cheers. stay safe

oh and if you get stomach aches or anything, open pills crush them, and put them under your tongue (sublingually) but use less because they hit harder and much faster.

REALISTICALLY 20 to 40mg should be enough for a typical personDON'T EXCEED 60 mg/90mg per day unless your doctor tells you to do so. tolerance can develope EXTRAORDINARILY rapidly. however if youre a drug addict like i am that has just taken 90 mg and plans on crushing 10 more 30s, yeah.

REALISTICALLY 20 to 40mg should be enough for a typical personDON'T EXCEED 60 mg/90mg per day unless your doctor tells you to do so. tolerance can develope EXTRAORDINARILY rapidly. however if youre a drug addict like i am that has just taken 90 mg and plans on crushing 10 more 30s, yeah.

These doses are way too high imo.

You're getting nothing from 5, have a go with 10 - that should do the trick for a good few hours without tolerance, even with chronic fatigue etc

Yeah hence the caution i atarted well using them to replace cocaine and 30 quickly became 60.....90..120 is where i try to stay in one dose but will take 30-60 every few hrs whatever this isnt information thatll help anyone i use alotnof amps period haha but ye 10-20 instant release will do it increase slowly please

Yeah hence the caution i atarted well using them to replace cocaine and 30 quickly became 60.....90..120 is where i try to stay in one dose but will take 30-60 every few hrs whatever this isnt information thatll help anyone i use alotnof amps period haha but ye 10-20 instant release will do it increase slowly please

Very similar tale to many i have heard when people try to replace coke with amphet. Totally different feeling to the drugs which quickly leads to silly high dosage as you chase the rush.

Very similar tale to many i have heard when people try to replace coke with amphet. Totally different feeling to the drugs which quickly leads to silly high dosage as you chase the rush.
I SLIGHTLY AND I SAY SLIGHTLY contradict your statement, ORIGINALLY , i used cocaine to help kill pain with my opiates, then i went to for amps, and realized they can keep me from buying coke, then 2 months ago, i decided i wanted to cut down on opiates, month one was a total loss, and in august i did extremely well, for 2 weeks i stayed awake in 4 day intervals eating rediculous amounts of amps, pregabalin and gabapentin, and id saved a total of 6 days of meds, i admittedly ....used half of them.......... however over this weekend i smoked crack non stop till monday late noon and switched to amps till i suddenly dunno, passed out on the couch which i couldn't believe to be honest but i'm essentially using other substances to wean off opiates, because i'm on extremely high doses and im losing my doc thats known me all my life hence why he trusts me with my meds, however i do have some very expensive private doctors lined up to go see but i'm waiting till the month before i run out, because on my doses i surely won't be able to do it in a few months without agonizing withdrawal or emptying my bank account of coke and who knows what else, i never had a thing for dope but my dope source has some of the purest shit, for someone who takes the equiv to 500mg of morphine/day smoking a .3 did the trick to satisfy so i can imagine banging that would do it but i'm not into that, but thats my amp case, not precisely FOR coke but since i use alot of it

i CANT say i'm addicted to coke though, when i use it sure, i want that shit more than a fist sized diamond BUT.. when its gone its gone, i somtimes jones alittle, but thats where i take amps or benzos to end it, and the next day i think about it, but after that its done till i buy my next batch which are always rather large my last one went way too quickly, and i'm upset with myself for it ...so upset.

I would ask your prescriber to raise your dose. I would say 10-20. Mg is the dose that will make you functional.

I would seriously avoid going over 40 if you're new to it. I would rather you go through your MD. You dont want to run out early.

Kief is spot on 10-20 20 may have you AWAKE to say the least but he has a great point because doses can always raise but its not easy to get off some substances from high doses which....sucks

Hold up on dosage suggestions folks, none of us know how much OP is being prescribed, nor do we know why OP claims it's not helping. Let's wait for a response from @Mariefallon first.

Also the one timeni ran out of mynopiates for 1 amd a half weeks.... I would genuinely off myself if it happened again and being on amdnoff HEAVY amp use if i didnt so many things i dont know how id handle it, its beyond extreme fatigue let alone having any willpower but that doesnt go to say they cant medically be REALLY USEFUL hell ive even had friends given them for depression