• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dexamphetamine 5mg tabs

Psuedoephedrine (or whatever) works great for a bIocked nose when I have a coId; Does dexamphetamine work equaIIy weII ?

Jus wanna ask ur advice. I shall b short, quick and 2 the point. Was recently diagnosed ADHD in 2011. Was prescribed welbrutin and it didn't work. Prescribed amphetamine salts 10 mg twice a day. That definitely helped me finally finish up my bachelor's degree with B average. Came to aussie to get into grad school, found out that there were strict regulations on my prescription. Had one months supply, that went fast. Started getting depressed. Went to Dr. to renew Rx. Instead, he gave me Dexamphetamine sulphate, 5mg 4x a day. I tried taking it the way I did for my amphetamine salt (10mg in am, 10mg afternoon). I started dozing off after 3 hours. Then I started taking 5mg when I wake up, every 3 or 4 hours the next dose, until I reach my 20 mg. Finals are around the corner, but I just feel less motivated, not attending class. Is it the meds? How can I adjust it to have the same effects as I had when taking amphetamine salts? I do sleep around 6-7 hrs a day. I walk and eat healthy.

I'm guessing your salts are racemic? Don't think you can get that on prescription here. Can get methamphetamine on script but I dont think for ADHD.

I find these prescription meds suck ass. They are an inferior amphetamine, with a horrible roller coaster ride that involves the WORST crash of all stimulants, bar snorted ritalin and shit tons of coffee.

I hate to be an advocate for methamphetamine, but orally taken would involve a much smoother ride, without this feeling like your brain has been hijacked by some robot worker psyche.

Can anyone fill me in on the therapeutic difference between dexies and ritalin? I am prescribed ritalin and use it as prescribed (for the most part) but feel that it just does not get me "there". If that makes sense. My concentration is a little better, sure and I'm more alert. But the effects are so slight and short lived and if i take any more than the minimum dose the jittery, anxious state undoes any good potential anyway. I have requested from my psych switching to an amphetamine and he has almost totally shut down the idea. He prefers ritalin in almost every case. Do people experience these things with dexies? Should i be finding another psych or is this just the nature of using stimulants?
If its relevant... i am a 29 year old male with a history of stimulant abuse (including dexies but in huge doses, nothing therapeutic). Clean 4 years, just went back on ritalin as i have returned to uni and genuinely need the concentration boost.

I agree 110% with you puckboy. I have been given a proper chance at life due to them.
But at the same time I have had a few huge learning curves.
First year I didn't abuse then at all.
Then I did for about two years.
I'd take 30 to 45 tablets within 16 hours of getting my new bottle, and then I'd have to skip days or take a max of 5 tabs instead of my prescribed 8 a day.
This was partly due to having quite oxycodone abuse and feeling a need to get some kinda High from something.
However I have finally nearly stopped any and all abuse of my Dex and any other substances.
I am however using codeine at 600mgs a dose on occasions when I feel the need to get a weak high.
But at least I still have my 8 a day Dex to keep my functional and achieving my goals and enjoying a proper life.
Please don't abuse Dex or even Ritalin people... It makes it really hard for people who need these meds to get them.
Peace ✌

I can only tell you my subjective opinion and that is.
Dex work for me in every therapeutic way, where as Ritalin actually makes me irritable at prescribed dosages and more euphoric at recreational dosages.
Ritalin is better for my friend however who takes I think 45mg Concerta or maybe it's 65mg or something like that.
Not being mean but he seems a bit more unintelligent and slow and monotonous than myself when we're both off our meds or on them.
But I am more hyperactive kind of person so that may play a part in that.
Before switching psyches I'd ask them to try Dex if possible and have a good reason why when you do ask.
Dont just run to another psych you don't know because they could see it as drug seeking and you could lose even you Ritalin.
So exercise caution please ✌

Need some advice

It definately is very unwise for those who legitimately need dexamphetamine or ritalin to abuse their medications, you will increase your tolerance to the therapeutic effects as well as the recreational ones and as a result will run out of your scripts early. It is a slippery slope and very hard to maintain a balance between recreational and therapeutic use and this applies to recreational meds other than stimulants like benzo's and opiates too.

In my previous post I did not intend to encourage recreational use of prescription stimulants, especially by those who also use them for medicinal purposes. I only relate my experiences as someone who has never been prescribed these meds but used to abuse them a lot.

I have just taken my normal dose of methadone and klonopin, but I have no tolerance for ritalan or adderal, so I snorted a 20 mg methylphenidate waited and felt nothing, so I snorted another one, making it a total of 40 mgs, should I receive a euphoric feeling from this?

Need some advice

You can get pill cutters to split the dose in half, try experimenting around with the dosage try to keep it as low as possible try 5mg in the AM then 2.5mg at midday, could even cut out the dose in the PM if your having issues sleeping, clonidine helps @ night sometimes as it blocks the excess adrenaline, makes it a lot easier to settle and sleep.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonidine

wwill have no issues getting it scripted

seems like 30mg a day is the max dosage for QLD went from 80mg a day of Ritalin to 30mg's of dex
I think the only way to get it increased is to see another psychiatrist for a second opinion and then send of more paperwork, would be costly no doubt.
or try vyanese for a shit ton of $'s which dosages start out @ 30mg then go up to 70mg? like wtf how does that make sense when you can only get 30mg of IR dex a day?

Same with getting diagnosed past the age of 18 and not being able to getting LA forms coverd by the PBS

I just took my regular doses of methadone and klonopin and I was offered 2 20mg ritalin, so I snorted them and I'm now waiting for a euphoric feeling from the two Ritalin. I have no tolerance to adderal or anything like that including Ritalin, so Will I get a euphoria?

Have been on them for 15+ years. Never altered my dosage (Apart from dropping down a lil with Doc) Always works well so I wouldn't mess with it. Peace.

Didn't read all the thread. Have an endless supply of these. Previously scripted them now Vyvanse. They are addictive as fuck. With layers. They are better than doing meth or even thinking about it. After a while they lose the magic and you chase and chase ... yeah. Better than Ritalin. That drug gives Meth a run for its money.

Didn't read all the thread. Have an endless supply of these. Previously scripted them now Vyvanse. They are addictive as fuck. With layers. They are better than doing meth or even thinking about it. After a while they lose the magic and you chase and chase ... yeah. Better than Ritalin. That drug gives Meth a run for its money.

In all honesty I traded smoking ice and killed the cravings it brings, which are absolutely soulcrushing (specifically smoking is like this and can be super fiendish, oral and insufflated don't have anywhere near the craving that smoking it has), using dexamp to cave when I relapsed and it would always be around the 40-80mg mark on average compared to 100-200mg smoked ice, I've replaced/traded it for an addiction that is far easier to control to not sugar coat it.