Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dexamphetamine 5mg tabs

davids

Bluelighter
This is truely a wonder drug. 10-15mgs banishes fatigue and lifts mood.

Does anyone have trrouble sticking with their scripyed dose?8)

I've never taken enough to feel anything off it, damn ice tolerance...
I'd be interested in using it for meth withdrawals, but doubt I'll be able to get my hands on enough.

thats amphetamines for ya:\

wish these were easier to source in perth... gears is getting stupidly overpriced atm

Yes and no, when I first moved up to Dexamphetamine from Ritalin I got a bit carried away with experimenting different doses and built up some tollerence fairly quickly. Big mistake as the Dex is the most beneficial thing for coping with ADHD/ADD and I was risking stuffing it all up.

After I was able to get things back to normal I realised I get much more from them if I just use them as prescribed and don't seem to have any dramas with wanting to take more than I should.

I know if its a new drug to play with you will probably do the same as what I did but please be carefull if you need them for ADHD as its the best thing ever for coping with ADHD bar none.

Be careful your wonder drug can bite you too, daily usage and scripted doses can be detrimental for many people and the beneficial drug effects aren't felt so strongly as time goes on.

You might be able to gain better results in your life just using it occasionally in moderation,

Last edited:
I'm prescribed dexies and don't find it too hard to stick to my prescribed dose for a few reasons;

- I'm 21 and still live at home, so my mum has control of the script and dispenses my 8 D/5s each day. It's a bit frustrating having your mum dish out your meds but it's only for the best. Otherwise the abuse risk for myself atleast would be quite high, especially with my past. I have abused them on occasion, but not often considering that means I'd have to not take the meds and stockpile them. Which, when they're providing me with legitimate therapeutic benefit (allowing me to work etc) is not easy.

- I find d-amphetamine is only recreational when taken in high doses (60mg+) due to tolerance and also find it cannot be binged on at length because the effects turn entirely negative around the ~12-16 hour mark (even with redosing). This is a huge differece between dexamp and methamp, as with methamp (shards, whip etc) it is possible to binge for multiple days maintaining atleast some positive effects. With d-amp you can only go so far (~a day) then you're only wasting tablets (the meds you need) because there will be no increase in positive effects, only negative.

- If I follow my psych's instructions, using 8 D/5s over an ~8-10 hour period, there is no 'high' and no 'comedown', they simply provide the therapeutic relief and then wear off leaving me back at baseline. Mess around with the dose/instructions and in almost every case you'll be left feeling like shit. The only ROA you should use for 5mg d-amp IR tabs is orally, they work their best taken this way.

tl:dr - Get someone else to dispense the meds to you (someone who won't abuse them themselves), whether it be daily, every 3 days or whatever.

- Don't bother chasing a high with them - there's no point and the after-effects will not be worth it.

- Focus on the reason you're prescribed them and only use enough to medicate the problem, don't take more looking for a buzz.

- Do NOT use any other ROA other than orally. They work better this way and I'm quite serious, snorting is a waste of time.

It took me a while to learn how to get the most from my dexies without creating a host of negative side-effects.

Hope any of that helps.

Is there a lot of demand for dexies?

Yes, especially amongst final year high school and TAFE/university students for obvious reasons. But like most drugs, there's a market for them in all parts of society. A bottle (100 dexies) can be sold for ludicrous prices considering its cost at a pharmacy.

- I find d-amphetamine is only recreational when taken in high doses (60mg+) due to tolerance and also find it cannot be binged on at length because the effects turn entirely negative around the ~12-16 hour mark (even with redosing). This is a huge differece between dexamp and methamp, as with methamp (shards, whip etc) it is possible to binge for multiple days maintaining atleast some positive effects. With d-amp you can only go so far (~a day) then you're only wasting tablets (the meds you need) because there will be no increase in positive effects, only negative.

I found the same thing. The d-amp high is similar to meth for the first 12 hours or so, but whereas you can redose meth for days and maintain the high (though negative side effects will eventually encroach), after about 12 - 14 hours any further d-amp dosing will just increase the negative side effects.

I also found the high a lot less consistant. Take a big toke of meth and you're set for at least 3 or 4 hours, but with d-amp the high fluctuates all over the place, and I found myself redosing constantly in the attempt to maintain it.

I found the same thing. The d-amp high is similar to meth for the first 12 hours or so, but whereas you can redose meth for days and maintain the high (though negative side effects will eventually encroach), after about 12 - 14 hours any further d-amp dosing will just increase the negative side effects.

I also found the high a lot less consistant. Take a big toke of meth and you're set for at least 3 or 4 hours, but with d-amp the high fluctuates all over the place, and I found myself redosing constantly in the attempt to maintain it.

It is strange. One minute you are flying high and feeling great, the next you feel a little less high and more 'anxious'. A minute later you are higher than you were beforehand. Fluctuates to and from, until it fizzles out.

I find Dexies hard to not abuse.

Yeah, at first I wondered if it was because I was taking them orally, but I tried plugging with similar results, and I've never had that issue with oral methamp.

Yeah, at first I wondered if it was because I was taking them orally, but I tried plugging with similar results, and I've never had that issue with oral methamp.

Was plugging a better experience ? Is the dose needed lower, and does it achieve the same result ?

I have thought about it but never tried, only oral and nasally (Stupid. Binders- Eugh).

Was plugging a better experience ? Is the dose needed lower, and does it achieve the same result ?

I have thought about it but never tried, only oral and nasally (Stupid. Binders- Eugh).

Not really, I found it pretty much indistinguishable from oral use, tbh, though I had been taking very high doses for the last 4 days, so it might have been better if I hadn't already been so run down.

I tried snorting too :p It's a bit of a fixation of mine, but your nose can only take so much powder and I eventually gave up and just stuck to munching them.

I found Ritalin more compulsive than D-amp. I stayed up 4 days and 3 nights on MPD liquid, and the IR tabs are like crack in a pill. Come on in 5 mins, last 2 hours then drop off suddenly.

^ I agree with this.

I had pretty much unlimited access to ritalin in high school and pretty constant access to dexamphetamine, I used both (primarily ritalin) virtually daily for quite some time.

Personally, I don't rate oral stims at all, I find the awakeness just outlasts the high by far too long and overall the high is less euphoric/enjoyable/fun that any other ROA that I have tried. This applies to dex, ritalin, meth, speedy 'E's', any stimulant really. Because of this I find ritalin to be a much more abusable medication, even if I did technically prefer the buzz from dexamphetamine (I don't anyway) as you get much more concentrated formulations.

I used to get 40mg capsules which you would open up and all these little balls would come out. They are a pain to crush but you don't even really need to bother, overall one of these 40mg capsules had less material to snort than one crushed dexy or atleast a similar amount. I believe these were called R40's but I may be mistaken. I also used to get white 10mg tablets that had a score and above the score say 'MP' (obviously standing for methylphenidate which is the active ingredient in 'ritalin' and 'concerta') and below the score '10' so we used to refer to them as "MP 10's". One of these would crush into less powder than a 5mg dexamphetamine tablet.

Because of the higher drug concentration in the ritalin insufflation is a very viable ROA and provides you with a good, euphoric high. I always found it best to eat maybe 25-30% of my dose half an hour before railing the rest, to a beginner I would advise taking 5-10mg orally then snorting 10-15mg 30 or so minutes later. 20-25mg should be adequate for a first time stimulant user and even those experienced with stimulants should probably try a conservative dose like that first to make sure it reacts with them OK.

Dexies on the other hand suck balls to snort and you are forced to either eat the majority of your dose or titrate your dose slowly nasally, neither of which make for a particularly good high in my experience. I would reccomend a newbie start by taking 10-15mg orally and then railing/eating (whatever your preference really, you could do both!) another 5-10mg half an hour or so later. If you have a relatively full stomach it may be wise to wait closer to an hour before redosing as you may not have the full effects of your initial dose 30 minutes after eating it.

I see how those who need them would find dexies recreational despite it lacking the punch recreational illicit stimulant users like myself are used to, much like those who suffer from anxiety tend to find benzo's much more recreational than those who don't.

Last edited:
D_M is right when it comes to ROA.

Previous experience insuffulating dexies put me off trying to rail my ritalin due to the stupid amount of powder you have to jam up your nostrils and I dont like snorting things at the best of times. However, those little R10's crush up into really not that much material at all and providing you crush to a fine powder have no burn what so ever (pills are extremely compacts and usually crush to chunks fisrt which hurt like all hell, crush it fine and no pain at all). Not that I'm saying go and stick all your ritalin up your nose but if your just out to have a good time on the weekend then I dont have anything against it. Works great, doesnt hurt or do any noticable damage and really isnt that much of an effort to get a good dose up there. Just keep in mind that if you have it prescribed for a reason, and do relly on it then experimenting with ROA is not advisable. Stick to oral use for legitimate purposes at all times. In terms of some weekend fun, I dont see any great harm in insuffulation. I tent to rail two on my way out the door for a big night out. Drop another two when I get where I'm going and thats generally it for the night. Chuck in a couple drinks and I'm a content party goer =)

It definately is very unwise for those who legitimately need dexamphetamine or ritalin to abuse their medications, you will increase your tolerance to the therapeutic effects as well as the recreational ones and as a result will run out of your scripts early. It is a slippery slope and very hard to maintain a balance between recreational and therapeutic use and this applies to recreational meds other than stimulants like benzo's and opiates too.

In my previous post I did not intend to encourage recreational use of prescription stimulants, especially by those who also use them for medicinal purposes. I only relate my experiences as someone who has never been prescribed these meds but used to abuse them a lot.

Yeah, snorting methylphenidate (Ritalin) actually increases its euphoric effects quite a bit I find also and have no doubt were I scripted Ritalin I'd be snorting the odd tablet from time to time. There is a distinct increase in the "high" when snorting Ritalin over swallowing them. But dexamphetamine is a completely different story IMO, very little gain from snorting them compared to methylphenidate.

^ The improvement might not be as great when switching from oral to nasal with dex as it is with ritalin but in my experience it still improved the high noticeably. It is worth bearing in mind I don't find oral dosing of stimulants recreational at all.

It definately is very unwise for those who legitimately need dexamphetamine or ritalin to abuse their medications, you will increase your tolerance to the therapeutic effects as well as the recreational ones and as a result will run out of your scripts early. It is a slippery slope and very hard to maintain a balance between recreational and therapeutic use and this applies to recreational meds other than stimulants like benzo's and opiates too.

In my previous post I did not intend to encourage recreational use of prescription stimulants, especially by those who also use them for medicinal purposes. I only relate my experiences as someone who has never been prescribed these meds but used to abuse them a lot.

Yeah I second that. My post also could be taken in the wrong light. While myself and I think most people scripted stimulants have toyed with ROA and used recreationally I in no way encourage it.

Very few of us have a level of self restraint in order to do so without jeopardising thereputic value and should be avoided at all costs.

For those who dont need it to function properly, feel free to mess with ROA. But if you need it for legitimate purposes do yourself a favour and keep to oral dosing and take as prescribed.

Keeping in mind though, there is a limit to its abuse in terms of availability limited to what your scripted but that doesnt stop people moving onto other stimulants to fill the gap. Either way, a very slippery slope it can be. Balance is possible but very hard to maintain over time. So basically, just dont risk it.
Could probably stand to take a leaf out of my own book for that matter.

EDIT: While I personally have never craved or fiended on my script, I can easily see how things could go bad very quickly. While d-amp and Ritalin mightn't be viewed as hard drugs due to their use on children theres no doubting the power of the little pills. They pack a punch and need to be treated with respect or you'll end up paying the price very quickly. I support what others have said about trusting your script to family members etc to dispense to you at a set rate. While this may feel slightly demeaning its for the best if you intend to maintain usage for extended periods of time whithout loosing thereputic value.

Last edited: