• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Devils advocate: which drugs would you least like your kids to try?

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
...And which drugs would you tolerate provided they used them responsibly.

For me I would hate my kid to get on heroin.
Edit: benzos and crack are also no-no's.

But a little weed or psychedelics such as LSD and shrooms I could handle. As long as it was recreational at parties in their "mad uni years" or whatever.

Last edited:
PS mods just merge this with the other thread if you think it's too similar.

Please God protect my kids from drugs 🙏
I hope they don't do any drugs but maybe marijuana and psychedelics. I definitely hope they don't drink alcohol either

it would depend on the way they were taking the drugs. if they smoked weed the way i did when i was 16 i'd be seriously concerned. a few spliffs or some party drugs wouldn't bother me.

i kinda think that trying hard drugs is a sign that something is deeply wrong. its just not a normal thing to do. everyone knows its risky as fuck and you have to be in a bad place for the rsk-benefit analysis to make doing them make sense.

edit: i guess what i mean is that i wouldn't want my kids taking any drugs if they were doing it to escape from an intolerable reality, but if its genuine fun (whch almost none of my drug use was ever) then i wouldn't mind if they kept use low enough to avoid serious negative impacts. i'd prefer them to wait as long as possible but i smoked my first spliff at 12 and moved onto other substances at 14 and i imagine the trend is for people starting younger and younger.

Meth (I never tried it cause I'm afraid so that is maybe just my projection), opioids/cocaine IV route (plus crack cause it sounds a lot like an IV cocaine high). Basically, I am a hypocrite - I wouldn't want them to try the drugs (way of administration) that I did not try.

Plus - I would like that if they use any particular substance that they get the good quality stuff and to not do dangerous combos (opioid + sedative, mixing stimulants...).

If I ever have kids - and that’s a big if, it goes as follows, and not necessarily in this order…

1. Booze - it’s truly the devil. All drugs on this list are bad but this one just seems to suck the soul away little bit, by little bit. Tough to quit. Probably does the most physical damage, tbh. It stunts human development.

2. Heroin - really just anything IV…because there is no such thing as casual, moderated use.

3. Crack Cocaine - the social connotations are obvious. If he/she is going to experiment with cocaine and come to the conclusion that it’s a sketchy drug I just hope they stick with the powdered form. At least, for the most part powdered, insulflated use of cocaine is a social event and can be moderated. While casual crack use is possibly more common than casual IV heroin usage it still brings up the mental image of three days in a seedy motel with shady people - exactly where I found myself the first time I “accidentally“ smoked cochise.

4. Cigarettes - nasty, they make you smell, cause cancer, very hard to quit, social stigma. Also, if I catch them smoking one I’m going to be so stressed it’ll make me want one 😂😂😂

5. Methamphetamine - more so IV use but, the social stigma is bad and, I’ll just say it - just stick to regular amphetamines to get shit done, kids.

Above all I just hope that they’re is open communication between my children and I. I hope they feel they can talk to me about these things so we can have open dialogue and I can share my honest feedback. How can I give nonjudgemental guidance if they don’t feel safe to come to me?

I didn’t feel like I could go to my parents as a kid, and I ended up trying all of it. To be fair, to my parent‘s credit it was probably more the fact I already knew the answer to the questions I would have asked.

“Mom I’m thinking about smoking some crack this weekend. Watcha think?”

Just now, at the age of 40 am I comfortable speaking to my parents about my past and current drug use. It’s also just now that I realize how absurd and reckless so much of it was.

Stay safe, friends.

Last edited:
Weed!

Joking,methamphetamines, opates/opioids) even worse and lastly i hate alcohol..

I would be more worried about my hypothetical kids smoking weed before 18 than much else. Besides the gateway aspect, and the ideological baggage + inevitable smell of patchouli that follows weed use,
if they're anything like me, they're gonna need a pretty big ladder to climb out of the rabbit hole (gaping casm) of "experimentation" that marijuana shows them, instead of focusing on school work.
Even if they manage to avoid anything harder than pot before graduating, that stuff on its own causes too many developmental issues (many of which can be long lasting) in the adolescent brain.

Oh, and im becoming more convinced by the day that there's an extra something sinister at work with general marijuana use, no matter the age, that the public is being kept from knowing about.
(Hormone blockers/sterilization/deeper psychological changes with regards to "pacification")

Yeah @chinup (love your username btw. Be a good band or song name) I agree with about all you said.
Hard drugs are a sign someone is unhappy as the risks are very well known. And smoking weed very young too.

I would be more worried about my hypothetical kids smoking weed before 18 than much else. Besides the gateway aspect, and the ideological baggage + inevitable smell of patchouli that follows weed use,
if they're anything like me, they're gonna need a pretty big ladder to climb out of the rabbit hole (gaping casm) of "experimentation" that marijuana shows them, instead of focusing on school work.
Even if they manage to avoid anything harder than pot before graduating, that stuff on its own causes too many developmental issues (many of which can be long lasting) in the adolescent brain.

Oh, and im becoming more convinced by the day that there's an extra something sinister at work with general marijuana use, no matter the age, that the public is being kept from knowing about.
(Hormone blockers/sterilization/deeper psychological changes with regards to "pacification")
I'm not sure about that. But it's crazy how easy it is to get a card in the US and then it's not treated like a medicine really as you can buy different strains and edibles. It's recreational for most card holders obviously. Good tax revenue though, instead of it all going to crime. In the UK there's 2 main kinds of growers. Ones who do it ethically and sell on a smaller scale, then there's the houses specifically rented or bought as grown houses, usually with an illegal immigrant treated like a slave to monitor everything, which are obviously the ones I'd like to fuck off.

tobacco
opioids
meth
cocaine
steroids (maybe, depends)
alcohol (mainly because I carry the gene)

that's about it

The reasons for them taking drugs would outweigh what drug they were doing, for me.

But I'm never going to have children, so I can say that.

I'm not sure about that. But it's crazy how easy it is to get a card in the US and then it's not treated like a medicine really as you can buy different strains and edibles. It's recreational for most card holders obviously. Good tax revenue though, instead of it all going to crime. In the UK there's 2 main kinds of growers. Ones who do it ethically and sell on a smaller scale, then there's the houses specifically rented or bought as grown houses, usually with an illegal immigrant treated like a slave to monitor everything, which are obviously the ones I'd like to fuck off.