• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Devils advocate: which drugs would you least like your kids to try?

No kids but crack #1 by far. There is nothing more depraved that someone looking for the next hit. Most addictive drug by far.

Last edited:
All the stereotyped hard drugs because most of them live up their hype and I have experienced what they can do to you having lived through various difficult periods in my life where I met people who had fallen into the trap of using them. And it never ended well, hence why they were living in homeless hostels and their entire day was based around getting money for drugs to then take drugs, or drink, or both.

I wouldnt mind the stuff that has the least addicting potential and least harms. I think an education and healthy culture around their use is key. I was fortunate growing up that I had access to circles where drugs were taken responsibly and the care of both the individual and the group were center stage. Where values, expectations, intentions, limits, principles, standards, call them what you will, were etched firmly into the atmosphere. There was a great emphasis on responsibility and on maintaining social, emotional, mental, physical and spiritual health - primarily because these circles were surrounded by lifestyle choices that meant you lived up to being able to get up and do the things you wanted to do in the first place. Otherwise, you got left behind, so to speak and the environment drowned you out. Social responsibility was key.

I think the biggest problem is when the journey into experimenting with drugs involves lots of unnecessary risks and when you are facing unfamiliar environments, situations, people etc. In the process of escaping to fulfill your drug use/abuse you end up running away from the support network and the protective shield of a well established bubble, routine, atmosphere etc.

I wouldnt want my kids to end up going down that road because then the need to continue to take more risks grows increases endlessly and grows until there is nothing stopping you from doing anything and while that sounds blissful, especially as a child who might be rebelling or going through the difficulty of growing from a child to an adult, you also lose your inhibitions and allow things into your life you wouldnt usually accept. You need grounding and your environment should be able to facilitate your growth, development and experimentation while not forcing you to take your choices "underground".

#1. Heroin. Because just no.
#2. Meth. Because I'm the second biggest Aussie stim fiend behind @Perforated .

I also have some grey areas.
#1. Weed. Relatively harmless and I'd be fine with him trying it, so long as he kept his usage in check. His grandfather on his mother's side used to be a big time dealer and most of her family smoke daily.

#2. Other stims. Supplied and educated by me and used only under my supervision. He already has ADHD so I would monitor it closely.

#3. Alcohol. I used to have a drinking problem but now can drink with mates without going on a bender. My side of the family also has a couple of drinkers. So I'd educate him and allow it at my place in a responsible setting. Then I can fire up the BBQ and crack a tinny with him. Which is Australian for bond with my son.

#4. Psychedelics and dissociative. Again supplied and educated by me then used under my supervision, for obvious trip sitting responsibilities.

As far as most other things go; I think and hope the example that I plan to set when he is of age (he's only 8 now, so McDonald's choccy milkshakes are his drug of choice) will encourage him to feel comfortable enough to approach me before trying something new, so we can research it together and practice harm reduction.

I don't have kids, but I reckon I'd hate to see them doing meth or heroin. Meth do to the horrible psychological effect and heroin due to it being polluted with fentanyl and really easy to overdose on it. But at least on heroin they can easily get a substitute like suboxone or methadone, but with meth you just have to stop doing it.

Heroin and other strong opiates. The addiction to these substances seems exceptionally bad compared to most other stuff. I don't have kids but would strongly encourage any non opiate users to stay the hell away.