View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Detura

Blackmoon

Greenlighter
So after doing some research about this I'm just curious about taking the drug. To what I've looked at you can get the detura drug from the Jimson weed and you can buy the seeds from the Internet. Can you get high from eating the seeds? Or do you need to make tea from it? What is a dosage for detura seeds? I do not want to take this drug as I've heard bad things about it, I may try it once. I'm just curious:)

Man, you really shouldn't mess with that stuff. It's very difficult to gauge the potency of the plant/seeds, and amongst the horrible side-effects is blindness. It's not worth fucking with.

Datura and Jimson weed are the same thing, they both refer to the plants which carry the psychoactive scopolamine, responsible for the deliriant effects of these plants.
You can get high just from eating the seeds but as the above poster stated, I wouldn't recommend it.
If you do plan on using this drug make sure you have a trip sitter, and make sure this trip sitter is able bodied enough to restrain you if you feel the need to blindly run out of your house into traffic or feel like jumping out a second story window.
Remember if you even slightly go over the recommended dosage you can lose complete control of your mind and body, scopolamine is classified as a deliriant for a damn good reason.

I'm not gonna take the drug! When I said I may, I meant years and years in the future. Not at the moment.

Don't bother man. its not any fun. I know those TRs sound promising, but i barely remember mine. no clarity at all just confused and talking to people that weren't there. I was pretty young when I tried it.

Its really a dangerous drug that should be left alone. You can find lots of other stuff on the internet that's more interesting and much safer. deliriants are just nasty drugs. stick to phens, tryptamines, and lysergamides for tripping.

I'm not gonna take the drug! When I said I may, I meant years and years in the future. Not at the moment.

Ok with that out of the way, yes you can eat the seeds. As already stated though the dosages can vary drastically from across seeds and even in fresh leaves from the same plant.
For that reason if you do plan on ingesting scopolamine at some point, make sure you do an extraction first so you can at least have confidence in the dosage you are taking.

The extraction tek in this trip report should be sufficient, also you tend to get better alkaloid yields from fresh plant material opposed to seeds

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=11686

I know people who have taken it mixed into Ayahuasca but this was part of a religious ceremony led by a shaman in a country where it is legal to do this, and they have never taken it on its own or taken datura or Ayahuasca alone.

You can't get high off of this plant at all. You're just poisoning your brain.

I think it's a wonderful and mysterious substance.

My personal recipe for successful use is to open Erowid's datura trip reports section, or to pick up a book about the subject (My favourite: 'Heksen, heiligen en hallucinogenen' ('Witches, saints and hallucinogens' - to my knowledge it hasn't been translated)) and indulge in it, and to leave it at that.

Sorry, it was just a question. I'm not planning on doing this drug.

No need to apologize, even if you were planning on doing datura. Ultimately it's your decision, life, mental & physical health. No hard feelings for asking questions :)

But this forum is dedicated to harm reduction, and datura is a dangerous enough plant that a lot of people will chime in to formally advise against taking it.

Here's a link to the Big and Dandy thread in case you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/440082-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Datura-Thread

You can't get high off of this plant at all. You're just poisoning your brain.

Without having done Daturas I'm almost possible you can trip VERY hard off of most Daturas and scopalomine containing plants whether it's Jimson Weed, Belladonna, Datura Metel, Mandrake Root, Thorn Apple, Henbane, etc etc.

They are clearly very poisonous, but I think that to say they can't get you high is certainly false.

Without having done Daturas I'm almost possible you can trip VERY hard off of most Daturas and scopalomine containing plants whether it's Jimson Weed, Belladonna, Datura Metel, Mandrake Root, Thorn Apple, Henbane, etc etc.

They are clearly very poisonous, but I think that to say they can't get you high is certainly false.

I've done it and I would not call it a high at all. It felt much more akin to being ill than high, but a hundred fold. This is not a substance you ingest if you're looking to get high. It's a highly advanced and dangerous shamanistic tool and also a deadly poison. The experience of Datura is a union with dying more than a high, at least from my experience. If perceived (hallucinated) total body function shutdown doesn't sound fun, datura probably won't be either. At points, I honestly believed my body was being/had been shut down.

To reiterate one more time, there is no conceivable way this substance will produce anything other than suffering and delerium from my limited trials with it. It was DRASTICALLY more uncomfortable than 800mg+ DPH, and that is a huge statement.

Last edited:
Thankyou for all this info! The only reason I was interested in this is because I was doing some research about psychedelics and wanted to know more about delirious drugs. I'm not planning on taking this drug and from the story's I've read I'm never gonna touch it, I was just curious.

I've done it and I would not call it a high at all. It felt much more akin to being ill than high, but a hundred fold. This is not a substance you ingest if you're looking to get high. It's a highly advanced and dangerous shamanistic tool and also a deadly poison. The experience of Datura is a union with dying more than a high, at least from my experience. If perceived (hallucinated) total body function shutdown doesn't sound fun, datura probably won't be either. At points, I honestly believed my body was being/had been shut down.

To reiterate one more time, there is no conceivable way this substance will produce anything other than suffering and delerium from my limited trials with it. It was DRASTICALLY more uncomfortable than 800mg+ DPH, and that is a huge statement.

Ok well you've done it and I haven't so you know more than me BUT...whether you want to call it a "high" or not it DEFINITELY makes people hallucinate, see things that aren't there, get visuals and auditory hallucinations etc etc and experience a VERY deep altered state of consciousness.

Yes, from the many trip reports I have read most seem to agree that the "trip" is more like being delerious than being on a conventional pscychedelic and the "trip" is more produced from poisoning yourself than anything else, BUT there HAVE been RARE people who have enjoyed the experience.

So I guess perhaps a "high" or "trip" might not be the right term rather than an "altered state of consciousness", but there can be no question about the latter even without having done it.

I'd NEVER want to do it.

Sounds like hell.