• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detoxing my liver...any ideas?

bingo.

Go to a doctor, ask for a liver function test. If it comes back ok, you're golden, you need do nothing else except not start on the pills again and eat reasonably well.

If it doesnt come back ok, you and your doctor can decide what to do from there, but if you're young with no risk factors, id say you'll probably come back fine.

Detox's are make believe, and no I have no interest in arguing this point. The toxins you are detoxing yourself basically don't exist. Either they outright don't exist or they exist but aren't what they're claimed to be.

This is the only post worth reading...You have NO CLUE what your AST and ALT (liver enzymes) are until you get bloods done...go to www.privatemdlabs.com and order tests confidentially and they email you results in 24 hours without having to see a Dr. They email you the lab requisition papers and you just show up at any labcorp.

What's my credibility you ask? I have been analyzing my own blood work for over half a decade on a bimonthly basis..On a standard lab test the high end of the allotted reference range for your liver enzymes is typically around 44....I've had clients of mine who have never taken a drug in their life with elevated enzymes...Highest I ever saw was in the 500s...I also went to med school before becoming a convicted felon lol.

Milk Thistle is trash as well as 99.99% of liver detox supplements...your liver is a fucking detoxing organ...However there are 2-3 MIRACLE compounds that one poster mentioned above and they are:

TUDCA
N-Acetyl Cysteine (This is the first and actually only treatment besides IV saline when someone is overdosing from tylenol poisoning in an emergency room setting)
Injectable Glutathione (Here in LA I go to a cryochamber that offers the shots)

If you're interested in these do you research and if you want to question my facts..PM me and I'll send you a file of hundreds of my own blood work results experimenting with these supplements and their profound effects...

they also make a liposomal glutathione thats pretty good. ^

I dont know how you can say detoxs are make believe when things like parasites, heavy metals, mold, yeast and toxins are real things and yet people have hundreds and sometimes thousands of parasites come crawling out of them and get sick when they start eliminating heavy metals and candida. but i have no interest in arguing with you either but maybe we are talking different detoxing. many quick fix supplements are trash and dont work. to detox right, it will take a few months to a year. but you should get results well before then. detoxing heavy metals can be dangerous esp if you have amalgram fillings so you should know what you are doing before diving in and go slow.

theres a few different recipes but the ingredients are essentially the same. fresh grapefruit juice, extra virgin olive oil and sometimes magnesium (which is good to take anyway, i make my own oil its much cheaper than any other and absorbs better). it can help pass stones and deposits that in your liver and gallbladder. sometimes you have to do it a number of times. it only takes an evening and will cleanse the gallbladder too. theres recipes floating around that are all essentially based on dr clarks recipe (and no i dont agree with all of her outrageous claims). but its like a quarter cup of olive oil and two grapefruits. drink before bed and lay down essentially.

you should probably do a parasite cleanse first before you cleanse your liver if you are having symptoms. its pretty basic. three main ingredients. black walnut green husks (green is key), cloves, and wormwood you can throw some oregano in for good measure. i recommend using essential oils as they are the most potent. dont use dried herbs bc they are weak are usually grown in china where the environment is less than ideal. if you use tincture, you should use the alcohol free, glycerin based stuff bc sometimes you have to hit it the parasites from the back door bc the oils dont make it far enough down your intestine. if you are using essential oils it only takes about a week, i wouldnt take wormwood essential oil internally much longer than that. you can make your own suppositories too if you like. if you have a pesky tapeworm, you can plug like 3-5000 mg of co-q-10 and that should take care of it. most people have parasites, its more rare to NOT have parasites. its kinda weird bc sometimes you can feel them wiggling around. sounds like you have a bit of paranoia so dont mean to alarm you.

aloe vera is pretty amazing all around and good for lots of issues esp GI related issues. so is olive leaf extract and black seed (nigella sativa) oil. they work for a lot of different health issues and really boost your immune system.

you can do a basic natural metal cleanse with parsley, cilantro, and chlorella. 1/4 cup of each herb. chlorella works as a binder but its a weak binder so sometimes more is actually better. somtimes with chlorella it kind of redistributes the metals throughout your body and that can make you sick. something like microsilica IMD works much better but its expensive. theres a lot of different metal cleansing advice out there, but quicksilver scientific has a pretty good basic one but kind of expensive.

i think detoxing, mold, yeast, parasites, and metals is worthwhile but to each their own.

just re read your OP. i wouldnt worry too much about the APAP. its no good but your liver creates enzymes to deal with regular use. youre just being paranoid, i can relate lol, no need to worry tho. people take 50-100 lortabs (500 mg of apap) a day and have lived. it usually takes at least 5g on a virgin liver (more like 8g) to overdose so youre safe dude. id also ditch the multivitamin. you should only really take a handful of supplements regularly. most MV arent absorbed and can do you more harm than good. parasites can feed off of the vitamins your body doesnt absorb which is most of them. you should try and get most of your vitamins and minerals from food when you can. use liquid forms, tinctures, or essential oils the rest of the time and buy them separately. its basically a waste of money and can possibly be harmful.

Last edited:
I came across this the other day. There are two liver detox phases. The article is kind of heady but the thing I wanted to point you to is all of the nutrients that the liver uses for the various detox processes. You can get all those nutrients from food.