• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detoxing again... And I didn’t even relapse...

LysdexicInnuendo

Greenlighter
Well- I’m actually finally starting to feel better. But let me explain.

About six weeks ago, I took myself off of methadone, using h. I can handle a week of withdrawal- not months. Cool. I tapered myself to an almost immeasurable little bump (insuff) morning and night, then quit. Made it through detox cold-turkey, just fine. Two weeks clean of all opiates, had a little energy back, was starting to sleep a bit again.

Friday, my mother decided that I had relapsed. I’m not sure why... Agreed to a UA to calm her, though, since I put the poor woman through hell. She watched me pee, all clean, (methadone was a faint negative, though).

She then decides to feed me Naltrexone in my tea. I thought it was a bit odd that she’d come to my house and offer to make my tea... but assumed she was just feeling a bit bad about her accusation. But, no. She crushed that shit up and put it in my tea.

3 days of precipitated methadone withdrawal later (including my 30th birthday, yesterday) and I can now say I’ve detoxed twice without a relapse in between.

What in the actual fuck...

(I’m not sure why I’m posting this. Maybe just hoping someone will bitch with me, and I still miss TotSE...)

That's brutal... I have found naltrexone to produce withdrawal like effects after all withdrawal has passed as well. Congrats on getting off the methadone. It's a bitch.

That's brutal... I have found naltrexone to produce withdrawal like effects after all withdrawal has passed as well. Congrats on getting off the methadone. It's a bitch.

It really is. The last 3 days were the most brutal thing I’ve ever encountered though. Seizures with projectile vomiting... probably would have choked on that shit if my husband wasn’t there. Shudder.

You mother sounds evil.
Good lord. I’d second that. is she supporting you financially? If so, I’d dumpster dive before I took another dime. She is either radically uneducated and well-intended, or stone-cold evil. Either way that shit is illegal, unethical, and straight up fucked.