• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

nice that the little kid is alive and doing her thing.

Lula might have been losing its edge and accidentally falling back on brand -- allowing relatively consumable, bland content. the magazine is something crazy and no serial publication will ever have me so enamored. its similarities to Lolita go beyond lots of vowels and Ls. exploration of its own form and forum without sacrificing composure and presenting content that would shine even without the exploratory foundation. both also have the obsession with unrefined femininity.

why is Lana Del Rey's discography such a bitch? Unreleased and Ride or Die don't even exist. plus so many songs that don't have an album. and an album that was retracted? i thought i'd covered it by getting Born to Die and Paradise and the necessary remixes. shit, some label should package all this up in lossless and sell it to me for $20. i don't even know what i'm missing. every day of my life.

it looks like cara's wearing dishwashing gloves. and just fuckedup a batch of designer stimulants.

that girl and her puffy red coat are nice.

dude, the fashion industry sucks at motion film so fucking bad. i love seeing elle and kiko in those videos, but they're straight stupid. now sofia coppola is paired with today's freakish goddess, and this is the result?

thefuck?

hate to lean so hard on lindsey as of late, but the hundreds of amazing ondria and nastya photos are buried under the thousands of lindsey. photos i'm dying to share get lost in the shuffle before i post. my next is going to be pure (properly attributed, high resolution) tumblr trash. for now...

lindsey+by+Paolo+Roversi+for+M+Le+Monde,+September  +2013+in+chloe.jpg

by roversi for M Le Monde wearing chloé. cannot find better copy.

her hair is so pretty. so is frida a's...

fridaabyhughlippeforrusshmag.PNG

even though the fox earring looks like something out of a Blink-182 video. i really like when hugh lippe takes photos of her.

Last edited:
dude, the fashion industry sucks at motion film so fucking bad. i love seeing elle and kiko in those videos, but they're straight stupid. now sofia coppola is paired with today's freakish goddess, and this is the result?
yea that was very uninspiring. nick knight has some insightful thoughts on the current state

pretty interesting time as he says its still in its infancy. will be interesting to see how it grows and especially with the internet/tablets, if fashion photography will still play an important role in presenting fashion or if it will go the way as illustration did when photography took over.

also good read @ http://www.anothermag.com/current/v...on_the_Changing_Face_of_Fashion_Photog raphy

hate to lean so hard on lindsey as of late, but the hundreds of amazing ondria and nastya photos are buried under the thousands of lindsey. photos i'm dying to share get lost in the shuffle before i post. my next is going to be pure (properly attributed, high resolution) tumblr trash.
looking forward to it. post with reckless abandon =)

found a cool tumblr: http://thetehrantimes.tumblr.com/

it's iranian street style photos and some art stuff mixed in. interesting how the general style is similar, the scarves, layers and accessories. im sure it has something to do with not being able to wear anything too revealing.

hydro - those albums don't exist because they aren't real. i have obsessive tumblr fu and when lana showed up a lot of feeder blogs showed up, that were made just to leak songs of hers. both of those albums ("unreleased" is 100 songs long) were snatched from one of these leaker blogs. heres one: http://lanadelrey-unreleased.tumblr.com
if you ever really want them, you can make a toss away email address or something to protect your real lady identity and i'll send them to you.

my asian lady infatuation continues with soo joo.

tumblr_mw08ib7CMF1r0ixdro1_1280.png

Wonderland_FW13_Soo_Joo01.jpg

Soo-Joo-Park-Wonderland-Rory-Payne-09.jpg

by Rory Payne for Wonderland

tumblr_mk4nejSNup1s24500o1_1280.jpg

may i highly suggest following modelsofcolor.tumblr.com - very good at tagging magazines and photographers as well. same with modellove.tumblr too.

i'm boring, sorry i haven't been around much. chanel did that ridiculous show in dallas, and kristen and dakota were both there. no good photos. kristen is the face of something at chanel now, and has some nice new kinda nude photos for balenciaga perfume which i haven't even smelled.

may i highly suggest following modelsofcolor.tumblr.com - very good at tagging magazines and photographers as well. same with modellove.tumblr too.

i'm boring, sorry i haven't been around much.

don't trip. what happened with the interview @ the consignment store ? get the job ?

ya, i had the modelsofcolor tumblr bookmarked awhile back on an old pc, good lookin out. hit that follow button on both.

probably saw "Erykah Badu Fronts Givenchy’s New Campaign"

tumblr_mxybbx2Df11rw3jr8o1_1280.jpg

other model is Riley. fairly new, like tisci "discovered" joan smalls, so its awesome he choose her, hope she gets her shine on =)

Last edited:
negatory, didn't get the job which is fucking dumb, still 'unemployed', still hella broke and eating like a queen off my foodstamps. it's like game of thrones feasts over here.

^ she looks... strong, like she really owns her look. fun friends.

lindsey killin it right now, been seeing lots of her work recently.

i hear ya on the androgyny look, hydro. especially regarding the short hair. also what catches my eye is bone structure. i once tried to find some/one good tumblr dedicated to androgyny, gave up, couldn't sift through all the lesbians that looked like justin bieber.

recently seeing pics pop up of "elensio" someone mentioned her "tomboyish beauty" which is how i feel.

Capture%20d%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99%C3%83%C2%A9cran%202011-10-27%20%C3%83%C2%A0%2020.16.46.png

abkifqXx.jpg

rest of the spread @ http://novembremagazine.com/coco-capitan

btw modelskinny, those eyes :) your boy takes excellent photos.

Goddamn! That looks exactly like my ex.

good interview with fashion photographer Steven Meisel

http://032c.com/2008/who-is-steven-meisel/

an editorial he shot for vogue italia that i like @ http://visualoptimism.blogspot.com/2013/10/brooklyn-dandies-edie-campbell-julia.html

Fashion editorials that are memorable and leave an impact do so because it allows readers to escape into the picture. It could be an escape to the beautiful scenery in the background, an escape to a different time or era or simply an escape from one’s own problems. These editorials capture the reader’s attention and holds it longer than any other picture if it is done properly. This editorial from Vogue Italia offers an escape to a time when women collectively rejected post-war austerity in the 1950s and looked back to the fashions of the Edwardian era.

fav are the ones of julia nobis and its way cool how the light reflects the head pieces to cast a shadow on the models faces that looks like a veil.

[video=vimeo;76437473]http://vimeo.com/76437473[/video]

Last edited:
negatory, didn't get the job which is fucking dumb, still 'unemployed', still hella broke and eating like a queen off my foodstamps. it's like game of thrones feasts over here.
i hope good fortune comes your way in the new year.

can't wait for the new shows to start ! happy new year all.

*just came across this while searching for some bed time viewing
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/diana_vreeland_the_eye_has_to_travel_2012/

while i "wait" for it also found this Lecture: Lisa Immordino Vreeland

Last edited:
i watched it a couple weeks ago, but i remember being pissed that nick knight was just conceding that fashion photography is ruined. like film could take its place.

riley is pretty.

Kenickie, i will likely take you up on the lana music offer.

this is the best photo i've found on tumblr in a while...

karlierodartefal08autumndewilde.jpg

which encompasses the last 45 minutes. wearing rodarte fall '08. by autumn de wilde. looks like the same season that ondria is wearing in that nan goldin photo, but that math can't be right.

lindsey and sasha l. got the chanel spring '14 campaign. i'm not gonna post pics; we'll all be seeing plenty of them. lindsey's hair is cute. she looks like pebbles flinstone.

there's this new model i like. relatively new. big in spring 14 shows. she borders on being a lesser lindsey.

hollyroseerdem.jpg

erdem s/s '14

she's different enough. made out of rice paper. like tanya dziahileva. @next...
NSFW:

holly+rose+@next.jpg

hollyrose@nextbig.jpg

Holly+Rose+Emery+Black+magazineby+Thom+Kerr.jpg

by thom kerr for BLKONBLK

Holly+Rose-Emery+by-Ben-Hassett-for+Vogue+Germany+Jan+2014+viktor+rolf.jpg

by ben hassett for Vogue Germany. viktor & rolf.

she walked that alberta feretti show...
holly+rose+Alberta+Ferretti+Spring+2014+Backstage.jpg

very pretty dresses.

oh, her name is holly rose emery.

Last edited:
elle got miu miu's spring '14 campaign...

ellefanningmiumiu2014Inez+Van+Lamsweerde+&+Vinoodh+Matadin.png

i guess this is the only pic currently available. surfaced all of 7 hours ago. on TFS. because they care about this stuff, TFS member t-rex took and posted the pic. the photo is by inez & vinoodh.

they seem to like it. whoever the scary people at the the fashion spot are. the website reports on its own message board. a blogger named nika mavrody says...
Although celebrities don't typically appear in fashion campaigns (starring in a brand's fragrance or cosmetics ads instead), earlier today we were treated to news that a top model (Daria Werbowy) had nabbed a major glossy magazine cover, a spot typically reserved for actresses and pop stars. So I guess today is Opposite Day.
elle's modeling career might have peaked at 12, but damn.

the writer doesn't see talking about elle as if she doesn't have special stake in high fashion despite being an actress as much of an insult. she follows up by agreeing with some other blogger that it makes up for prada's campaign. which i haven't really looked at. anlabe32 at least described her as "like a proper model."

oh, and i think it's amazing. she looks great and i don't think i've ever been so excited for an ad campaign. even though it's gone beyond taking a backseat, i'm happy to see elle modeling. i don't think it's "celebrity" presentation. not like mila kunis, charlize theron, scarlett johansson, etc. props to inez & vinoodh for that. can't wait to see more. and not lifted from an issue of W magazine. though i do appreciate the person posting it!

Last edited:
i watched it a couple weeks ago, but i remember being pissed that nick knight was just conceding that fashion photography is ruined. like film could take its place.
i feel you. i know he is pushing film but personally don't think he is on the "photography is ruined" tip just sort of like in a transitional phase from the old ways. he said he doesn't consider himself a photographer but an "image creator" also how he doesn't believe in teaching students about the technical older photography techniques since digital came along. i do recall him shooting some projects with an iphone and it seems lately i keep hearing about iphones replacing cameras in general. i know its not going to happen over night but definitely feel a shift.

elle's modeling career might have peaked at 12, but damn.
i lol'd. have to agree with ya, doesn't feel like "celebrity presentation" don't get that vibe at all, looks sweet.

lookin at the leibovitz prada men's 2014 campaign

tumblr_mz0pepZPhQ1t6nof0o1_500.jpg

reaction:
tumblr_mtdxeveNcS1rwxvvvo1_500.png

gushing over thom browne prefall:

tumblr_mz1r8hSQRq1rpz53so9_500.jpg

tumblr_mz2j4lwbqD1t6nof0o6_500.jpg

*oh and... Visionaire #18 1996: Fashion Issue, Jamie King by Nan Goldin.

tumblr_mz0bd8QCFk1r7kroko1_500.jpg

because =)

Last edited:
so Tisci is going to design something at Nike and FUCK YES. whatever happens there i'm quite excited about it.

Kenickie's new project is rebuilding Miley's bikini. It's made from one single jersey. i've almost just given up and bought the bloomers from american apparel (not quite sure if they removed the front panel and put 23 there? or some other method?) and just cut the jersey up. garb.

tumblr_mz09bt0Ga21rdpplro2_250.gif
tumblr_mz09bt0Ga21rdpplro8_250.gif

quite in love with this disaster. such a disaster that teller didn't want to work with her for the marc jacobs campaign.

miley-cyrus-marc-jacobs-campaign.jpg

it would be more believable that she was crying if her mouth wasn't like that.

i'm not around because i'm a terrible cunt and the end of football season is here and i'm always working and never getting paid. i see that it's still just us in this thread though.

everyone else is lame, that's a shame, they can't hang with us

tumblr_mtn4fyj1Us1r2w2tao1_500.gif

ps my hair is really long now idk how i feel about that

that event was taking over my tumblr feed last night.

i like the thom browne suit.

cool project Kenicke. and marc jacobs shouldn't have said that. what an inconsiderate idiot.

she's in the miu miu campaign with elle...

lupita+nyong'o+miu+miu+2014+inez+vin.jpg

there are high res copies now...

ellefanningmiuemiuess14.jpg

i don't think much of elle's other two shots, but one i haven't seen a good copy of yet. the one above is beautiful enough. there is another of lupita in a red coat that's great, but no great copy of it yet (that i can find). i didn't know she is an actress. there are four girls in the campaign. too many. they're all actresses, though not in anything i've seen. people are saying quite nice things about the campaign, overall, given the unconventional casting.

Last edited:
Found an old editorial of mine from purple DIARY here.

All shot on film.

Posting a couple below that weren't included in the editorial.

rdr9dln.jpg

7IfaDIo.jpg

b4ZUG9a.jpg

GvwklPp.jpg

^ that is way cool. i've been checkin purple diary off and on ever since dro mentioned it in a post.

nice set. this one is great. the location, oval window, city background, sun reflecting off sunglasses. has a vibe that just says effortlessly stylish to me.

that event was taking over my tumblr feed last night.

and marc jacobs shouldn't have said that. what an inconsiderate idiot.

she's in the miu miu campaign with elle...

there are high res copies now...

i don't think much of elle's other two shots, but one i haven't seen a good copy of yet. the one above is beautiful enough. there is another of lupita in a red coat that's great, but no great copy of it yet (that i can find). i didn't know she is an actress. there are four girls in the campaign. too many. they're all actresses, though not in anything i've seen. people are saying quite nice things about the campaign, overall, given the unconventional casting.
yea, i saw some funny pics of people imitating j law's dress.

tumblr_mzbtcj2IhD1slmvqpo1_500.jpg

she looks great but i just don't liek that dress from the back. how that belt thingy wraps around the lower bum area... no me gusta :|

cate blanchett looked great.

o-CATE-BLANCHETT-570.jpg

the other miu miu shots

yea, lupita looks best in the red coat, wasn't feeling the top in the other one with those dangling thingys, makes me think of a rodeo or something. its cool she getting her shine on, just saw her cover for dazed and confused.. its eh. wouldn't be surprised if tisci books her.

couldn't avoid the jlaw/lupita supporting actress talk, haven't seen american hustle so i can't comment. she was excellent in 12 years a slave, heck the whole cast was so im glad it won best drama. also cate blanchett won for actress in blue jasmine which was well deserved imo.

o, marc jacobs spoke highly of miley, it was juergen teller the photographer that usually shoots the campaigns for him that refused to work with her lol. i get it but it's just like whatever. hmm, if any of yall were a photographer at that level and weren't particularly fond of so n' so, would u still take the job ?

one last photo, teller workign with lupita for W magazine movie isssue.

tumblr_mz0ie3DGZm1qgngcgo1_1280.jpg

she wears that green dress well. i feel confident she'd look good naked. and no disagreement from me on the top. i don't like the plastic looking stuff glued onto the heels either.

i haven't heard of any of these movies.

while it does not improve my opinion of juergen teller either, it's marc jacobs who told the press. or at least that's the impression given, as he's the one being quoted. that should not have been the public reason. makes everyone involved look bad. and whythefuck did he cast miley cyrus?

juergen teller pictures are nice. that's a weird first name. he sure doesn't get dressed up for a shoot.

to not have a photoless post, a casting shot of holly rose by dylan forsberg...

Holly+Rose+@+Next+(Casting+Photos)+dylan+forsberg.jpg