• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

been lackin'.

Springbreakers is the reason for the season as far as I'm concerned. I bought my advanced tickets already.

WWD said:
Never one to miss a buzzy collaboration opportunity, Opening Ceremony has partnered with the upcoming film “Spring Breakers” for an exclusive line of co-branded fun-in-the-sun essentials. The fashion range includes unisex sweatshirts and sweatpants, mesh jerseys, cropped T-shirts, printed bikinis, backpacks and beach towels inspired by Harmony Korine’s titillating tale of nubile coeds run feloniously amok in Florida. In that spirit, the designs are adorned with graphics like pot leaves, dripping ice cream cones and the indelicate acronym “DTF,” created with the film’s costume designer, Heidi Bivens, and New York artist Todd James, who goes by the moniker REAS.
tumblr_mjnclfJmFn1qbppbno1_500.jpg

Sky Ferreira for AnOther Man

tumblr_mjih2oqoDa1r3gb6ao1_500.jpg

molly & andrew

but really, the most beautiful dress i've seen ALL SEASON

tumblr_mj7f47JWX41rqt0xko1_500.png

valentino <3 <3

eta: on the cover of all the BIG fashion mags (vogue, vanity fair, harpers, elle) everyone is wearing louis vuitton. every. single. one. i was standing in line at the whole foods and was just like jesus christ! LOUIS VUITTON EVERYWHERE.

that sharp blue and some varients are a big f/w '14 trend. i like it.

man, i haven't even seen this season's valentino shows--though i've seen some runway shots, and am crazy about cara's couture dress. i haven't seen a lot of the shows this season that i consider essentials. fuck, i haven't even paged through the new Lula yet. i'm ashamed, but i've been busy. love the sky photo. and i actually just re-watched Pretty in Pink a few days ago. it's on hulu or netflix instant. love molly.

sasha luss wearing this season's valentino couture for Vogue Italia. photos by gian paolo barbieri...

V.coutureSashaLussVogueItalia+2013GianPaolo+Barbieri.jpg

V.coutureSashaLussVogueItalia+2013GianPaolo+Barbierilikecara.jpg

this is the dress cara walked

another molly because damn

tumblr_mjjykbDv1G1s20tb6o1_500.jpg

photographed by Sheila Metzner for American Vogue, September 1987. outfit is John Galliano.

karlie's an official angel now. recently saw her in victoria secret's window at the mall. too bad. i really like her new haircut.

for the new issue I-D magazine. wearing chanel s/s 13. by matt jones...
karlieforidmattjoneschanel.jpg

karlieinchanelbymattjonesforid.jpg

donna karan's s/s 13 RTW ad camping by patrick demarchelier...

donnakaranadss13byPatrickDemarchelier.jpg

that's the best, most un-cropped copy of photo i can find. the version they are actually using is worth looking up, as it's not so dark and you can see the so cute headband better.

annasuifw13:14karlie.jpg

at anna sui f/w 14. the hood has grown on me and the reason i am posting the pic. the dress is too louis vuitton s/s '12.

finally found a color photo of gemma at that mcqueen couture show. can't remember what year...

gemmawardalexandermcqueen.jpg

and a ren rox photo because she is awesome. playing with double exposures. i assume the model's name is clea...

renroxclea.jpeg

i'm kind of cross posting but opening ceremony does not have the ski masks. nor down to fuck sweatpants. nor much of fucking anything i want from this movie. there is a somewhat relevant article about shopping at the mall for the bikinis. but not the bikini/one piece that i fucking NEED, the tiger one. although i do like the crop top.

524939_459606394109236_1444873831_n.jpg

659_454550797948129_1652447069_n.jpg

Last edited:
tumblr_mjolgnuW9Y1rv8oyzo1_500.png

do we know who makes this dress? i'm assuming dior because it's jennifer lawerence.

^i am going to guess Versace.

_________
loving this magazine, Grace Ormonde, i could of tried to share a picture from each page.

11ht8g0.jpg

2nhovah.jpg

jennifer's zipper dress is tom ford.

that top dress and photo--page 33--is ethereal in all the right ways, PiP.

girls smoking on B&W film is one of my favorite pieces of this reality...

smokingLivO’DriscollinhervelegerXmaxazriaphotobykateedwardsforBenTrovatoLostinReveriesmall.png

LivO’DriscollinhervelegerXmaxazriaphotobykateedwardsforBen+TrovatoLostinReverie.jpg

liv o’driscoll photographed by kate edwards for "Lost In [sic?] Reverie," a bon trovato (blog) editorial. i reduced the top pic in size, which affected its lightness. here is the best copy i could find on google...
NSFW:
smokingLivO’DriscollinhervelegerXmaxazriaphotobykateedwardsforBen+TrovatoLostinReverie.jpg

still evident of the film-to-digital transfer. that's how it happens.

the dress is herve leger for max azria. hair stylist deserves mention, and she is m’shari whaley.

gave up on waiting for rodarte RTW f/w '13/14 to be available for apple tv streaming and used mirroring. the stage show is amazing. could be better music. i like a lot of the dresses. tie-dye isn't my thing, but the way they use the minimalist white shapes and/or packham-esque florals to offset is nice. a few of the dresses toward the beginning of the show are where it's at. the nude colored jacked and skirt--maybe dress with belt?--that the model with wild hair wears is solid. the white version of the flamenco-stiped dress is lovely. lindsey's outfit is beautiful. cara's is cool. the heels were above average, but i'm still with last season's. the socks remind me of the "rosa" sweater from band of outsiders.

just got the new s/s Self-Service! only skimmed so far, but ver happy to see plenty of ondria. the publication knows how to cast the right models. the girl on one (and the best) of the covers--bo don--is well featured too. she's new to me. her hair is so much fun. hopefully i'll post some pics at some point.

Last edited:
two thylane pics because i'm drunk and bored...

thylaneblurredbysomeone.jpg

thylanebysomeone.jpg

i'm not positive about who the photographer is or what project they are from, but just about every picture of her that isn't for an easy-to-ID magazine editorial is from this one photographer--i'm too out of it to google for names at the moment--who is friends with thylane's mom. her mommy isn't like baby brooke's and is very selective about with whom and in what environments thylane works. especially after all the nonsense following her Vogue editorial. probably why we are yet to see her in a movie. i'll figure out for sure who took these and edit proper credit in at some point. at the moment i don't even wanna go through my saved pics to be sure these are the top two i have been waiting to share--and i am always wanting to post thylane pics in this thread but holding back because they are usually more portrait than fashion oriented. she's a model though. girl is beautiful. cheers and night!

picked up Love and Bazaar several days ago and am still slowly making my way through each page.

14ik84p.jpg

seems smoking is in,
i picked a fine time to stop!

2wmguwl.jpg

hwhb28.jpg

i appreciate the adventurous texture and prints being used lately.

2wmhnwz.jpg

watched Lanvin the other day. fuck i love it. I NEED one of those HELP necklaces. so suggestive, so bold. i can't get over it. i can't find an image. but this is cool too.

img-first-dibs-lanvin-necklace_17363915497.jpg

a frenchman named Roti painted the back of my house. my house has swag. it's really beautiful.

907495_10151401008875662_1263422335_n.jpg

181023_134022006781523_1340834332_n.jpg

48077_134021876781536_1607095691_n.jpg

there is more to it but right now i'm really hesitant to put all the pictures on the internet. he painted it for us, you know? at least for a couple more days i'm going to keep some of it secret if you can't come see it in person. after work or before work or whenever it is light i just lie in the dirt and stare at it. it's really....i don't now. but i figured you guys would like it. at first, when he finished, i wanted everyone in the world to see it. Roti said no, it's not for everyone, it's just for you. and then i slept for a night and then realized that he was right, i don't want everyone in the world to see it, but it's the fucking internet and i'm sure at some point it will get out into the world and cease just being mine. but for now, i just drink beer and stare in awe at this beautiful thing he gave us.

Last edited:
beautiful, Kenickie. must have taken his quite a bit of time. commissioned or does this roti really, really like you?

i was wandering around downtown and finally found a local retailer that sells good magazines. like a 3 minute walk from where i work. they had the current Lula and Self Service in-stock. too bad i already got those this season. they are sold out of Purple Fashion, but the clerk suggested i stop by again because they expecting another shipment soon. they also had a magazine called Tank that had an awesome texture and seemed to be similar content, but i don't have money for biannuals i don't need. i wasn't even planning on getting the spring/summer Purple Fashion until i found out i wouldn't have to order it.

beautiful, Kenickie. must have taken his quite a bit of time. commissioned or does this Roti really, really like you?

it took four full days, spread out over two weeks of some 2 hour days, etc.
NSFW:
i met him through my job at a graffiti conference (won't take long for you to figure out who i work for if you google graffiti conference + atlanta)
and i asked him to paint me something, anything. he asked for the house. i bought the paint, and he asked for 100$ on top of that. including beer, whiskey and food over those two weeks, i sacrificed 250$ for a three story tall, 40 foot wide mural. i like him more than he likes me. he's half iraqi and half french, and if i was 16, i'd run away with him, because he lives in a van and has to drink 2 liters of wine to sleep in it during the winter. i'm in lust from afar.

those selima optique sunglasses are pretty cool. hard to go wrong with flared plastic. especially when blue is involved.

like the palvin gif. reminds me of patrick nagel.

lindsey turned 19 today! actually i'm never a fan of my favorite actresses and models growing older. but lindsey's not losing her dopey, swollen, baby-faced beauty anytime soon. her debut runway show...

lindseydebutcynthiasteffess10.jpg

cynthia steffe s/s '10. love the bows on the shortall cuffs and the latticed top. she makes the look adorable--no surprise.

thank, tumblr. i just found another awesome photographer. donata wenders. soft beauty mixed with strong contrast. these are from her collection Islands of Silence...

Ph.+Donata+Wenders+Getting+Ready,++Paris+2000+islands+of+silence.jpg

"Getting Ready" paris, 2000

Backstage+III,+Cannes,+2005,+DW+islands+of+silence+poster+crop.png

"Backstage III" cannes, 2005

i'm not sure who the girls are or who they are wearing. i just bought the hardcover book "like new" for 31 cents on amazon.com, which must be a decimal placement mistake. if it actually does ship, maybe more info will be included and i can edit it in.

she has some photos of milla jovovich that will end up the actor/actress thread. oh, because she is married to wim wenders.

Last edited:
Now the warm weather is here to stay I reaaaaaaaaaally want a Burberry Trench Coat for my evening coat.. I just cannot afford one new, and I can't find one in my size second hand... Knowing I cannot get one is really annoying me! haha

BurberryNYC_Enrico_341Web.jpg

Tom-Hardy-coat-UpscaleHype-3.jpeg

My father has one that he rarely wears but sadly it is a couple of sizes too big...

Alas..

Last edited:
slick. i just bought some burberry. nothing as fancy as a jacket though.

on to more important things...

thank fuck! ordered. that doesn't mean anything from openingceremony.us. they respond saying they're outta stock more than 50% of the time. please, please give me notice of shipment on monday. if they are sold out, i don't rob enough greasy spoons to justify the price anyway.

and, Kenickie. sorry, you probably missed it by months...

but "product contains lead." whatthefuck?

the hoodie is pretty cool too. as long as you are actually ok with wearing something that says "DTF."

Last edited: