• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

recently i bought the June ELLE with Kristen Stewart and their summer fashion 300+. with KStew it seems they were revamping her "sophisticated" side with the photographs, and letting her voice plenty of strong personal opinions in a her own way during the interview. they zeroed in on her smokey-eyes to the point where it had never been so obvious to me before. someone really went to town with her image.

NSFW:

2z83s6q.jpg

le70w.jpg

and a copy of the January 2012 Vogue too
NSFW:

Karen Mower in a Kristopher Cane top and skirt...im loving the sheer material, and embroidery and beads this year. next years colors
are going to be awesome im thinking!
=D

5p3qjb.jpg

~

Nyasha Matonhodaz in crafted perfection by Louis Viutton
107vvaa.jpg

Last edited:
cool do, Kenickie.

i spent hours inside barns&noble today reading magazines i couldn't afford. i almost sat on the floor, but i was just sober enough to know better.

there is this magazine, Jalouse. i recognized it because a few issues ago the did an editorial with elle. this issue had an awesome shoot by todd cole. i love him. in this latest issue he photographs a really pretty model with short hair. often with her boyfriend, which in addition to being in a language i cannot read was a big part of the reason i didn't buy it. i can't figure out her name beyond nina...
ninatoddcole.jpg
ninatoddcole2.jpg

there are no good scans that i can find. only these little samples from todd's website. the second photo is too small to even really see her, but it does show todd's knack for taking pictures in the state of cali. in the B&W, the collar gives away she's sporting some louis vuitton rtw. she reminds me of jane birkin.

also there was this magazine called Bullett. it is full of cool stuff. not really girl-y in the sense i want, more truly targeted to girls than emitting the vibe, which threw off the overall aesthetic for me. still, i about read it cover to cover.

it has a shoot with die antwoord...
NSFW:
yolandivisserbullet.jpg

and a shoot of alice glass. accompanied with this strange interview-esque text. apparently they turned down True Blood wanting to play one of their songs in an episode. she wears mercura nyc, the coolest of cool...
alliceglassmercura.png

aliceglassbullet.jpg

no nyc shades in this one, but my favorite pic of the shoot. again can't find quality scans. just little samples.

it has an interview with claire. it's where that awesome photo of her smoking comes from. grimes interviews like an 8th grade punk. it's cute as fuck.

it has an interview with todd solondz commenting all of his films except Fear, Anxiety & Depression and Life During Wartime. he embarrasses easy about his past work. but if he wasn't insecure we wouldn't have beauties like Happiness and Welcome to the Dollhouse. i didn't read what he had to say about Dark Horse--no spoilers. he talks about liking there being a red censor box covering the fucking in the fuck scene in the american release of Story Telling because it adds another layer of commentary he didn't even have to write. the copy i saw didn't have any red box. also apparently the the american dvd release of Pretty Baby is cut by zooming in, but it wasn't on netflix instant. guess that's one up to the shitty, weird releases that netflix rents.

it has an interview with Purity Ring, but they are not physically beautiful people. still cool to hear their comments on pop or whatever it was about.

it has a section of art chosen and commented on by scarlett johansson and whoever she is dating. the only thing cool was a photo of some girl scarlett said gave her a "street boner." not gonna try to find it online.

it has a short interview and shoot with this actress. named dreama walker--apparently her parents took way too much acid. and, maybe in result, she is freakishly beautiful. the interview was about a movie she did called Compliance. it sounds like shit. i cannot find a photo of her from the magazine. they look so much better than her red carpet pics that google turns up. none the less, pretty, weird looking girl.

another magazine called Collections has this article about the recent role of video in high-fashion ad campaigns. which we have taken note of in this thread. apparently sofia coppola recently directed one. but i am yet into look into that.

the issue they had of Treats features a shoot by this photographer that used a bunch of old valentino dresses in this really gothic tone. it was silly, stupid fun. paolo roversi inspired for sure. but trash.
vilstrupfortreatssmaller.png

NSFW:
treatsgothicvalentinoshoot.jpg

in the magazine these are two completely separate images, and it looks much better that way.

i had to actually buy two magazines. because they were not expensive and i wanted them. i haven't read those. they have good stuff in them too that i can't wait to share. there are also a plethora of photos from the latest Lula that i am excited to show you all. so much!

:)

it has an interview with claire. it's where that awesome photo of her smoking comes from. grimes interviews like an 8th grade punk. it's cute as fuck.

like, she totally does ~
;)

i am looking forward to seeing what Sophia Coppala is working on, that should be pretty darn good.

_________
33u8ti8.png

Last edited:
wow dudes and dudette(s) lovely posts from you all <3

dro, haven't seen any alice glass photos recently, damn near forgot about crystal castles, but now is a good time to play their tunes. even holding roses she looks hard as hell in red. ima check out the mags when i hit up the bookstore next week to pick up the "Cosmopolis" paperback. interested to read the grimes interview and see this girl that scarlett said gave her a "street boner."

yes kenickie that hair style really suits you well. i recall the michael pitt, prada pics, he really owns that look. they couldn't of picked a better fellow for the campaign.

piparadise, happy to see you back man. as to your "man bag" post... i dig them, and believe me i would rock one if i had a need carrying stuff around or if i went to the beach frequently. some ppl probably give em a bad wrap cause they think bags = feminine, screw em. its the future 2012, ya like it, rock it with no worries.

eastasd1.jpg

more @ http://fuckingyoung.es/eastpak-x-wood-wood-springsummer-2012-collection/

dudes, ima fall back for a few. same ol' story (get off the stuff, do something with self yadda, yadda) ill miss my fav thread =/, and posting about raf simons debut for dior.

drop this before i bounce, interview SHOWstudio: In Fashion - Phillip Lim love his designs. to me they embody, ugh let me just quote wiki "effortlessly chic and youthful elegance"

his boutiques are beautiful, especially his tokyo store.

butique-exterior.jpg

phillip-lim-tokyo_11_lo.jpg

phillip-lim-tokyo_08_lo.jpg

phillip-lim-tokyo_05_lo.jpg

phillip-lim-tokyo_04_lo.jpg

hopefully that site allows hot-linking if not u can see pics of all his stores @ http://www.31philliplim.com/boutiques

okay. have fun guys :D

sigh, oh how i fucking love this thread. Joe, enjoy your vacation to wherever it is you're going without us. we'll miss you! <3

PiP, hydro, i am tempted by the gods to subscribe to jalouse. the last time i went hunting through their pages was because Kristen Stewart and Garrett Hellund from On The Road were in it. but i've got a problem with spending hundreds of dollars a year for a magazine i can only read half of, and that's boasting, as my french is limited to what i can carry on with tourists who came to the french quarter and asked me for directions.
NSFW:

tumblr_m4gdvgmmcL1r3ydyuo1_1280.jpg

kristen-stewart-garrett-hedlund-jalouse-04262012-05.jpg

Kristen-Stewart-Jalouse-Magazine-5.jpg

jalouse-2012-mai+%28dragged%29+42.jpg

the only thing i don't like is the stupid filter thing they put on the images, that orange line in the middle of everything.

1.jpg

now, oyster magazine might be worth it, but their tumblr is good enough for now, and especially because i've been spending so much god damned money lately. this model was posted today and she made me think of hydro:

tumblr_m5abr4IDDt1qhbn7lo1_500.jpg

in elle fanning related news, the first image of angelina jolie as Maleficent in the 'Sleeping Beauty' remake was posted, and yowza!

tumblr_m5vc7haXK41qazkdco1_500.png

can't wait to see what everyone looks like, if maleficent looks this good. look at that head piece!

tumblr goes through phases of crushing on people and then not crushing on them, a few weeks ago with was Hiddlesdouche from The Avengers (Loki) and I avoided it, and before that it was Katie McGrath. I've never watched her show (I think it's Merlin???) but finally went through and looked at her photos and I wish she did more modeling and less photos of her in green velvet robes and shit. she's got nice eyeballs.

004.jpg

30sair4.jpg

tumblr_m5o8winLJU1qe9ucso1_500.jpg

she's like a barbie

tumblr_m5b3c7ID4D1qzj0kto1_500.jpg

Last edited:
gonna miss yea like crazy, joe. some slick architecture and interior design to leave on. your voice in this thread and F&T has been awesome. good luck getting things together and on track! but i hope you relapse back to us eventually.

holy smokes, Kenickie, i am so excited about Malificent. i don't even have words. when i checked it out on IMDB, people were complaining about "some little girl" playing aurora. all the excitement is around angelina jolie. which i understand, the movie being about her character and her being so absurdly a-list.

elle is going to be a disney princess!

i haven't ever seen a physical copy of Oyster. but i've been google image searching my way from tumblr to oystermag.com a lot lately. including from this pic
Oyster+99+Tavi+Gevinsongreendress.jpg

i love everything she's wearing. unfortunately it's all vintage.
NSFW:
Oyster+99Tavi+Gevinsoncrown.jpg

to this editorial.

you got me figured out. that girl is a too cute. and a baby. Oyster has an interview with her.
amelia@+Priscillasbynickhudson.jpg

amelia zadro
NSFW:
amelia@+Priscillas2.png
amelia@+Priscillas.png

that first pic was taken by a guy named nick hudson. right next to it was this...
teresaoman@theagencybynickhuson.jpg

teresa oman

a few weeks ago i saw her in an online editorial i liked from Fashion Gone Rouge.
NSFW:
teresasaskia2.jpg

i love her outfit. especially the flower collar cuffs. what does "stylist's own" mean? that the stylist found them somewhere, or that she designed them?

Kenickie said:
she's got nice eyeballs.
the eyeballs make a girl.

Last edited:
Joe!

be ccooll joe, there are many wonderful things in life, and keeping it simple yourself keeps the rest fresh for you.
;)

some Chanel from ELLE
339hn54.jpg

and Chanel on the run
=D

23uejgp.jpg

<3

idk what to do now

ive been considering it, was searching and saw Karl Lagerfield is at sea
~
is he thinking ocean needs to post up?

maybe searching for his kitty Choupette a meal?

or is it german actor Jörg Knör impersonating Karl??

29lfic2.jpg

here is a blog article...

hydro --

I used to be obsessed with Rookie. I loved Rookie. and then I heard Tavi give her TEDxTeen talk and I had to turn it off a few minutes in. I couldn't even stand it! It absolutely ruined everything about the site for me. Everything she said was so fucking stupid and asinine and just like blah! That was like four months ago and I haven't looked back. I even unfollowed Rookie mag on tumblr. Hindsight is 20/20 but I know I wasn't stupid enough at 15 to say that Mad Men is the best example of feminism on television today. She's adorable, but so isolated and surrounded by people who love her dumb covers of Neil Young songs and think she's such a perfect teenager, so she's completely unaware of what she looks like to everyone else (me).

i fucking LOVE all the collar stuff. peter pan collars, those flower cuffs, metal tips, all of it!

tumblr_m5tavfjnMy1r2w1ego1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5pp9sg5Bg1rph3gro1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4ur70HFGu1rxqtkgo1_500.jpg

louis v without the $$ or designer label

PiP, i didn't know that i needed a Chanel bocce set, but now after browsing their 'sport' section, i'm convinced i need one. PB and i have this stupid thing called a 'budget' that is keeping me from raiding topshop's sale page :(

i didn't know that girl was anyone. i tried watching that talk. but she's an awkward speaker and if you didn't sit through it, i'm sure not.

beautiful collar spam.

tumblr_m5tavfjnMy1r2w1ego1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5pp9sg5Bg1rph3gro1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4ur70HFGu1rxqtkgo1_500.jpg

louis v without the $$ or designer label

PiP, i didn't know that i needed a Chanel bocce set, but now after browsing their 'sport' section, i'm convinced i need one. PB and i have this stupid thing called a 'budget' that is keeping me from raiding topshop's sale page :(

lol well, those kilts for example can be rented(sorry PB;-), and personally I cant even wear that superfly gear being a guy. You twos as everyone can, does with what they have uniquely, because it is personally expressive.

I started this thread in great part trying to help escape from pain and consume time, and that is exactly what it did, and does. Vogue I have read since before a teenager...as long as I can remember I would look through the New Yorker magazine and Vogue because it speaks to me ;) didnt matter if it was a current issue, the principle was still there.

... we all put a lot of time and thought into our posts here, personally there have been many times that if smoking a bowl of pot, I wont even finish it after an hour or two because of more then a fascination, but that transcendence: insight and appreciation for people, art, and the value of time and detail. It exists because it is a part of us, on the page and in nature a major micro/macro-cosmical shift occurs.

Fashion is another exhilarating & contemplative view of the geometry of life, those collars and the Chanel candy are a perfect example of the folly and grace of life, and how to allow those contrasting occurrences in everyones life to become a bit of a blessing, pure inspiration. Envy and amazement can leave anyone stuck in a moment or the past if allowed, and not progressive with themselves.

Last edited:
i didn't know that girl was anyone. i tried watching that talk. but she's an awkward speaker and if you didn't sit through it, i'm sure not.

yeah, she got 'famous' (if that's what you call being an indie darling) for her fashion blog, The Style Rookie. and then she started an online magazine for teenage girls called Rookie. how lucky, to be a daughter of rich freelance writers who encourage you to hang out with your also rich fashion editor neighbors, and then don't care if you spend all your time running around the country collecting fleetwood mac records.

... we all put a lot of time and thought into our posts here, personally there have been many times that if smoking a bowl of pot, I wont even finish it after an hour or two because of more then a fascination, but that transcendence: insight and appreciation for people, art, and the value of time and detail. It exists because it is a part of us, on the page and in nature a major micro/macro-cosmical shift occurs.

not to mention the 39483957439 times Bluelight eats my posts here and doesn't let me repost them. :! but yes, i love getting lost in this thread, and i usually spend the most time on my responses here for this thread. hydro was right. this thread's got content.

i've never been a clutch girl, i always thought they were ridiculous (what goes in there?!) but now i'm more open to them. especially sleek pretty ones.

tumblr_m60v89wvEB1qah1euo1_500.jpg

(of a kind clutch)

iPad? checkbook? keys? lipgloss? shades? magazines? tampons? it's an ongoing battle to find a bag that can hold all that and not be GIGANTIC or too small. all of my bags right now are tote bags or silly crazy backpacks with rick ross on them (i know), but a girl needs a nice adult lady bag that isn't 34958349$. of course, that clutch is 115.$ :(

tumblr_m5tc3eiIEv1r5ydiio1_500.jpg

kerry_pouch_white_snake_spectator_388.jpg

(rebecca minkoff)

a way more affordable modcloth one

fc2f8885a39e169e82890ee82b343537.jpg

i really like the new face of the 'boy' campaign for chanel, Alice Delall.

tumblr_m5uzqkTYwy1qc3jvxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5uyc2p1cl1qhbuyoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5w32x45Xe1qkg3a3o1_500.jpg

i'm okay with my haircut being in vogue, it's fine, especially when done well. she's well loved by Karl, he shot all the 'boy' ads himself.

^whats that tattoo on his hand?

interesting theme, looks like he snuck inside an abandon mansion and is "playing house"

=D

Kenickie: ... but yes, i love getting lost in this thread, and i usually spend the most time on my responses here for this thread. hydro was right. this thread's got content.

Alchemy is what I was trying to explain...not just this thread but fashion in general is an effective medium: 'a picture is worth a 1000' words etc.
~

More Color
=D
NSFW:

33lcifs.jpg

eaqcz6.jpg

Linda McCartney
295g7pe.png

o5tcgg.jpg

Michael Kors(coat) Alexander Wang(pants) / ELLE June 2012
osz9dl.jpg

Louis Vioutton(jacket) Nux(capris) / ELLE June 2012

in the spirit of joe, even though he is not around to see, Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky released a video together this morning. It's adorable. I mean, ADORABLE. Comes complete with little mulatto bbs running around.

tumblr_m6a73gqDsv1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

tumblr_m6a7p5n8lT1qicr06o1_250.gif
tumblr_m6a7p5n8lT1qicr06o2_250.gif

tumblr_m6a7p5n8lT1qicr06o3_250.gif
tumblr_m6a7p5n8lT1qicr06o4_250.gif

tumblr_m6a7p5n8lT1qicr06o5_250.gif
tumblr_m6a7p5n8lT1qicr06o6_250.gif

tumblr_m6a7p5n8lT1qicr06o7_250.gif
tumblr_m6a7p5n8lT1qicr06o8_250.gif

^lol

he may not see, but, will feel the luv...
=D

_________
that boat i betcha is a ChrisCraft
;)

dont think there are many of those in Atlanta.