• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dermorphin? Amphibian skin opiate.. IV?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I’m curious if anyone has used dermorphin intranasally or intravenously.

“ Biological Actions
The pharmacology of amphibian opiates has been extensively described.5,16,18,22,23
Dermorphin has a high affinity and selectivity for µ-opioid receptors: Its opioid potency in guinea pig ileum (GPI) preparations is 100 times higher than that of morphine. The amidated analogs of Ph. bicolor dermorphins display a similar or slightly higher µ-opioid receptor affinity but a significantly higher (15–20 times) κ-opioid receptor affinity than dermorphin does (Table 2). Like µ-opiate agonists, dermorphins produce antinociception and also catalepsy, respiratory depression, constipation, tolerance, and dependence, although at a lower degree than morphine does. Dermorphin-induced antinociception takes place at both the supraspinal and spinal levels. The analgesic potency of dermorphin is about 280 times higher than that of morphine after intracerebroventricular (icv) injection but comparable to that of morphine after subcutaneous (sc) injection because of its low CNS permeability and bioavailability. ”

100 times the potency of morphine and 280x in pain killing ability when giving in a spine injection.

This one really interests me I just wonder if it’s deadly to IV because of blood diseases

I’ve had it but in the form of Sapo, which contains dermorphin amongst many other biologically active peptides. I could definitely feel the opiate in the mix but so many other things happening hard to say too much.

-GC

This one really interests me I just wonder if it’s deadly to IV because of blood diseases
Wait, are we talking about banging something that actually came out of a frog, physically? Or just the chemical itself. Because I don't think we should even have to discuss why the former is probably a questionable idea at the very best.

🐸 💉

Wait, are we talking about banging something that actually came out of a frog, physically? Or just the chemical itself. Because I don't think we should even have to discuss why the former is probably a questionable idea at the very best.

🐸 💉

It’s a peptide derived or found from a frogs skin which is a powerful opiate. I just don’t know if the final form is “sterile” but if it’s injected into the spine I can’t see how it couldn’t be

It’s a peptide derived or found from a frogs skin which is a powerful opiate. I just don’t know if the final form is “sterile” but if it’s injected into the spine I can’t see how it couldn’t be
You mean a lab-purity isolated peptide? I assume that would not be a problem although I would be extremely careful. Extremely. This is relatively uncharted territory. "Start low, go slow" and all that.

(As to my earlier statement I was worried for a second you were thinking about injecting some less refined frog product, lol. People do dumb shit and you never know.)