• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Delta 8 THC Megathread

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong because even 500mgs of delta 8 in edible just makes me slightly tired with no high. It's strange because the first time I ate a delta 8 edible it was incredible. I ate somewhere between 250mgs and 500mgs staggered and it was like the first time I had ever smoked pot as a teenager back in the 90's but everytime after that was either lackluster or a complete failure and this is even at crazy doses pushing a gram staggered over a relatively short period.

Try taking it with some lecithin, it helps with the absorption of the THC.
Thanks.... I'll try that. I've tried olive, coconut oil, melted cheese, peanut butter and store bought gummies. I always feel like I must be doing it wrong. Maybe not using enough oil or properly emulsifying it in the food.

I Also believe that when I last had a batch my absorption and digestion was so poor due to fentanyl abuse that my body just wasn't processing it properly. I barely ate(no fat intake). I was skeletal and only slept a couple of hours a week(def. had an abnormally severe sleep disorder), which was more nodding than sleeping. I was often sick and had the accompanying nausea, diarrhea and lack of appetite. In other words my normal digestion was destroyed from 22yrs of opiate abuse. I definitely think that this had a big effect on my inability to get anything out of edibles at the time.

I'm now on methadone and my sleep has been completely normalized for the first time in 5yrs and surprisingly my bowel movements are normalized again. I gained 20lbs in one month.

My sleep disorder was so severe that I was starting to develope Parkinson's like tremors, which have now completely disappeared. I have also regained a vast amount of my cognitive abilities and my mood has stabilized. The severity of neurological and endocrine damage I've suffered due to my drug abuse and constant withdrawal cycles was beginning to scare me.

Just trying it out for the first time. D8 is a bit too thick to dab on the daily for my taste so I'm trying out D8 edibles.

For my first edible attempt, I've made a tincture. I mixed 15ml of everclear with about 4 grams of 96% delta 8 THC and a very small amount of lecithin. To my surprise, it's almost completely dissolved with no heat in just a few hours. I'm estimating the potency to be somewhere around 200mg per dropper full.

Took a dropper under the tongue this morning (roughly 200mg).

I found the come up to be even more subtle than D9, so I was tempted to re-dose but thankfully never did. After about two hours the experience would go from "I can barely feel this" to "Holy shit I'm high" in a matter of minutes. It was a nice dream state with trippy and warm feelings that lasted a solid four hours. Another two hours after that I could still feel threshold effects.

All in all I do think vaping/dabing is more efficient than edibles but I also think the same about D9.

My biggest issue with D8 is the thickness of the vapor is off putting for me to do on a regular basis and I therefor will continue to take D8 edibles intermittently (and more so than D9 edibles for this reason).

I'll eventually try MCT oil as a carrier (with lecithin of course) to see if it makes a big difference.

Overall a very solid experience. I can't wait to do it a hundred more times.

I've almost completely stopped vaping/dabbing delta 8. The tincture is just so versatile and easy to make just about any edible. A dropper in my coffee or orange juice can last me all day long. Basically zero prep time and the results are consistent. I try to not take an edible two days in a row just to keep my tolerance in check.

It's understandable why those in a legal state (or medical) might not prefer or ever try delta 8, but for those of us with few options this stuff is a amazing. It's the best thing since delta 9.

While I've never tried edible d8 thc, I do have a cartridge and enjoy it quite a bit. It's in a legal grey area in my state so it's legal (for now). The positive differences I've noticed are a huge decrease in anxiety and paranoia compared to d9. The downside is it seems to be way harsher than d9 carts which result in some wicked coughing fits and on one occasion, it was so bad that my lungs felt like they were on fire. Also, the cartridge I have clogs up but it's easily fixable. I can't say for sure if I like d8 better than d9 but it's easily accessible so I'll stick to it for as long as possible. The shop I buy them at also has d8 edibles and I've considered trying them but after reading your post, I think I'll stick to vaping as well. Sorry I couldn't provide a better reply as d8 is still fairly new to me. You helped me out though, so thanks. Take care :)
Isn't delta9s paranoia and anxiety individual based on genetics, as a crude way of looking at it, although still true

while those naturally calm people can take higher sativa strains and be okay and those more prone to anxiety do better with high indica blends?

Isn't delta9s paranoia and anxiety individual based on genetics, as a crude way of looking at it, although still true

while those naturally calm people can take higher sativa strains and be okay and those more prone to anxiety do better with high indica blends?
Well, I already experience anxiety and some paranoia from time to time. I always prefer an indica or at least a hybrid over sativa. That's not to say I am unable to experience any level of anxiety while using d8. I absolutely can and have but it's very mild in comparison to d9. Obviously, I can't speak for everyone but it's definitely true in my case.

I've been vaping d8 pretty much daily for the last 6 months or so and always had a predictable experience however these new carts I bought are insanely strong and its kind of confusing me.

I've had 3 different carts before this... these new DELTA APE carts I bought do not list any % or potency at all. Simply say "New improved headspace".... whatever that means. Says 100% hemp product.

Taking just half a hit, a baby hit of these carts gets me really stoned and I'm using just a basic ooze vaporizer.

What's weird to me is these DELTA APE carts feel different than every other cart. They actually give me a head buzz and considerable anxiety just like real THC would. For a minute I actually suspected it has some other cannabinoid or something in it. I don't know! They are VERY strong, though, way stronger than the other "95%" d8 carts I've tried have been.

Skyhio - 80%, terps added ccell cart - First I tried and why I fell in love with d8, takes 2-3 hits to get stoned
3chi - 95%, terps added ccell cart - Tastes and feels just like skyhio but takes 1-2 hits
?forgot? - unknown cheap cart, claimed to be 90% d8 + 5% CBD but it sucked big time, took 10+ hits to get a buzz
DELTA APE ccell - ? does not list potency? - feels 2x stronger than 3chi which claims 95% and is 25% more expensive than DELTA APE. Feels more like real THC.

I've had 2 of these DELTA APE carts so far. The first had obvious artificial berry flavor blocking out any terpenese, and the 2nd tastes like they extracted terpenes from a broccoli.

These carts just feel like they are on a new level.... I've never had anxiety from d8 even when I had no tolerance, and WITH tolerance these give me anxiety and headbuzz on 1 hit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this is a bit too close to sourcing info.

That said, I get 88% d8 carts, they seem to be the same every time. Also, the whole cartridge industry is about to die in a few weeks, the last COVID bill slipped in a mail-order vape product ban that lumps in filled and unfilled carts used for hemp.

I bought a large jar of the 88% distillate and plan to just use a dab pen or e-straw from now on forward; the carts are a waste for the environment and can't be recycled, not to mention they will be illegal to ship as of March 1st as far as I can tell.

I feel like this is a bit too close to sourcing info.

That said, I get 88% d8 carts, they seem to be the same every time. Also, the whole cartridge industry is about to die in a few weeks, the last COVID bill slipped in a mail-order vape product ban that lumps in filled and unfilled carts used for hemp.

I bought a large jar of the 88% distillate and plan to just use a dab pen or e-straw from now on forward; the carts are a waste for the environment and can't be recycled, not to mention they will be illegal to ship as of March 1st as far as I can tell.

My bad, someone can delete.

Also thanks for the heads up on the bill. I'm gonna stock up.

So it just bans carts and not d8? Wait didn't the DEA already ban d8 they just haven't propagated the law yet?

Government: these stoners are ruining the environment. Ban carts!
Also government: *smoking a coal cigar laced with fossil fuels*

Last edited:
I got some delta 8 gummies that I swear have thc in them , they gave me cotton mouth and anxiety . I told my hubby those things are not just Cbd .

I got some delta 8 gummies that I swear have thc in them , they gave me cotton mouth and anxiety . I told my hubby those things are not just Cbd .
That's what I'm talking about. These specific carts feel different than every other cart, gummy or other d8 products.

So it just bans carts and not d8? Wait didn't the DEA already ban d8 they just haven't propagated the law yet?
Not sure if the DEA gave up on the ban of D8, but vape products i.e. carts, empty carts, Juel pods, Juel batteries, dab pens, batteries for vapes... these are all being banned from being shipped via USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc. effectively making all vape products illegal unless you buy them from a local vendor at which point I expect the price will be 3-400% more than it is now due to extreme limitation of distribution. Only companies large enough to ship via their own network, i.e. Amazon, will have legal rights to continue shipping vape products.

Not sure if the DEA gave up on the ban of D8, but vape products i.e. carts, empty carts, Juel pods, Juel batteries, dab pens, batteries for vapes... these are all being banned from being shipped via USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc. effectively making all vape products illegal unless you buy them from a local vendor at which point I expect the price will be 3-400% more than it is now due to extreme limitation of distribution. Only companies large enough to ship via their own network, i.e. Amazon, will have legal rights to continue shipping vape products.

Woahhhhh this is huge wtf. Fuck d8 what about my illustrious nic vape career. I need to google this.

Woahhhhh this is huge wtf. Fuck d8 what about my illustrious nic vape career. I need to google this.
Yeah... from what I've read it's a good idea to stock up on any batteries/atomizers/vape accessories right now. If I'm wrong then I'll just be ahead of my needs for the next year.

Here we go:
Congress Bans USPS Vape Shipping

Personally I'm gonna grab another ounce or two of d8 distillate and two or three vape pens before the 28th rolls around. Disposable vape carts will be going the way of the dinosaur, might as well shift to more reusable products and stock up on them so when the prices triple I'll be good.

I wonder if terpenes will be lumped in? Hmm...

Here we go:
Congress Bans USPS Vape Shipping

Personally I'm gonna grab another ounce or two of d8 distillate and two or three vape pens before the 28th rolls around. Disposable vape carts will be going the way of the dinosaur, might as well shift to more reusable products and stock up on them so when the prices triple I'll be good.

I wonder if terpenes will be lumped in? Hmm...

Rofl they redefined the word cigarette to include vaping products. Dicks.

I don't place my tincture in liquids anymore because of the goodies sticking to the side of the glass/getting wasted. This issue is especially true for cold liquids like orange juice. The tincture is best done under the tongue or on a food that can easily absorb it such as a small piece of bread.

(Not edible specific) Others mention the lack of paranoia with d8 compared to d9 and I have to agree. For me, that's not even the best part of delta 8. Delta 8 increases my appetite at least twice as effectively as delta 9 does. Medically, this is the reason why I use cannabis. Recreationally, it just feels good and that's a bonus.

I'm going to continue to use delta 8 mostly in tincture form because of the ease of use, long duration and lack of coughing. Nothing but love for this cannabinoid.