• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Delta 8 THC - Chronic User - Look At Me, I Am the Captain Now

Interesting, why tincture? I bought myself 100g of delta-8 distillate for almost impossibly cheap... I can eat it like it is. It is kinda hard to work with though because it's very hard and sticky at room temperature. So I use a tiny plastic scoop and weigh it and then dip in and get a bit on the end, and weigh it again, kinda annoying but I might never even have to buy any again, I have so much, and it cost like what a few bags of weed would cost. It's orally active without having to do anything to it, you can just swallow it.

Anyway if it works for you, awesome, just sharing how I went about it

I'll typically do 100 gram batches at a time which lasts roughly around 6 months. My current batches are on the saturated side somewhere around a 3:2 ratio.

I'm with you I love traditional cannabis products with delta 9 in a social setting or to enjoy a movie or something, but I'm amazed at how much of a worse fit it was for me as a daily thing

Delta 8 leaves me without such intense memory impairment

Intense rushes of emotion followed by apathy is how I generally feel about modern high potency cannabis (delta 9 is a roller coaster of passion and excitement followed by dense apathetic sedation)

Delta 8 is a much more reliable and easy going substance

I enjoy having it on hand but I feel like it has less punch and so do enjoy the return to traditional cannabis on occasion, it is much better with a wait in my opinion, I'm happy to have d8 to fill in the cracks so to speak
I'm with you I love traditional cannabis products with delta 9 in a social setting or to enjoy a movie or something, but I'm amazed at how much of a worse fit it was for me as a daily thing

Delta 8 leaves me without such intense memory impairment

Intense rushes of emotion followed by apathy is how I generally feel about modern high potency cannabis (delta 9 is a roller coaster of passion and excitement followed by dense apathetic sedation)

Delta 8 is a much more reliable and easy going substance

I enjoy having it on hand but I feel like it has less punch and so do enjoy the return to traditional cannabis on occasion, it is much better with a wait in my opinion, I'm happy to have d8 to fill in the cracks so to speak

Good description of d9. A bit unusual, or at least not cliché, but very correct.

Often this passion and excitement you describe seems to be overshadowed by stupid giggles, munchies, mindless "far out" vibing etc

Anyone try HHC? Supposedly unlike Delta 8 one can pass a lab urine test if it is pure. It's the closest to Delta 9 I've tried but it doesn't cause anxiety like regular old delta 9. I like it even more than delta 8. It's also less harsh to vape.

I actually have some HHC-O, but not HHC. I heard it was really similar to delta-9, so I assumed it had the anxiety so I didn't order any. But probably will order to round out my cannabinoid collection anyway

The price point of delta 8 is going to be incredibly difficult to compete against, especially now that I don't smoke or vape. Here's a list of noids I've tried on their own and I have a good sense of what they "feel" like independent of other noids.

Gets me high:
Delta 8 THC
Delta 9 THC

Doesn't get me high but feels great:
CBD
CBDa
CBG
CBGa

Somewhere in the middle:
CBN

Noids that I might try if the price point drops:

THCv
HHC

There are a lot of "O's" and "P's" hitting the market, with the P's being the most expensive as well as the most potent. The P's might be getting into territory that is more than just a "partial agonist" which is very off putting. I don't see myself exploring this new market of noids much further than delta 8 but who knows? I'm happy for now.

The price point of delta 8 is going to be incredibly difficult to compete against, especially now that I don't smoke or vape. Here's a list of noids I've tried on their own and I have a good sense of what they "feel" like independent of other noids.

Gets me high:
Delta 8 THC
Delta 9 THC

CBD
CBDa
CBG
CBGa

Somewhere in the middle:
CBN

THCv
HHC

There are a lot of "O's" and "P's" hitting the market, with the P's being the most expensive as well as the most potent. The P's might be getting into territory that is more than just a "partial agonist" which is very off putting. I don't see myself exploring this new market of noids much further than delta 8 but who knows? I'm happy for now.
So long as there's d9 flower around, I'll be fine with that. But d8 is fine as an alternative when you can't get the d9 which is a problem when I fly south. My sister lives in a legal state.

The d8 gummies are my go to. There's some flower where I stay at my brothers, but it's starting to turn on freshness. And at that point, it's more of a resin high. And d8 comes into play. I'll find out tho.

Last edited:

Gets me high:
Delta 8 THC
Delta 9 THC

CBD
CBDa
CBG
CBGa

Somewhere in the middle:
CBN

THCv
HHC

You might like delta-10 as well, it's milder than delta 8 though so if you have a tolerance it might be too weak. But it's more stimulating and even less anxiogenic than delta 8. THC-O is quite good, pretty unique, hard to explain but it's worthwhile.

This is a great write up. I’ve been using delta 8 everyday since it came out around 2 years ago and I think it’s one of the best things to happen to the cannabis industry especially for those of us in illegal states. And you can’t beat the price.
Interesting. Also interesting is that you do not have to decarboxylate delta-8 THC before eating it (or delta-10 THC). You can just eat the distillate raw. Whereas with delta-9, you have to decarb it.
This is true but that’s because distillate is already decarbed. Delta 9 distillate can also be eaten without having to do anything to it, that’s what you’d find in dispensary edibles.
Decarbing is basically turning THCa, which isn’t orally active, into THC, which is.

I love delta 8. I prefer delta 9 to get stoned, but delta 8 is a great functional high, which is preferable for regular use. I can get stoned on delta 8 but I need to take a pretty high edible dose to feel it, 100+ mg.
I’ve tried most of the alternative cannabinoids and delta 8 is the best of the bunch.

Last edited:
Interesting, I didn't realize that.

Decarbing is basically turning THCa, which isn’t orally active, into THC, which is.

I keep hearing this, though it's not what I learned back in the day (but then, word of mouth is a bad teacher). But then why is normal weed not active, or barely active, orally, without baking it? THCa isn't illegal, so presumably most/all of the THC in normal buds is regular THC, not THCa. In fact, there is hemp flower now that is bred to be high THCa that is legal in all 50 states, as an alternative to regular weed which is primarily regular THC. So why does all weed need to be decarboxylated, then, if it's only THCa that is orally inactive?

Interesting, I didn't realize that.

I keep hearing this, though it's not what I learned back in the day (but then, word of mouth is a bad teacher). But then why is normal weed not active, or barely active, orally, without baking it? THCa isn't illegal, so presumably most/all of the THC in normal buds is regular THC, not THCa. In fact, there is hemp flower now that is bred to be high THCa that is legal in all 50 states, as an alternative to regular weed which is primarily regular THC. So why does all weed need to be decarboxylated, then, if it's only THCa that is orally inactive?
Here’s a good article from the most trusty of weed sources, High Times. https://hightimes.com/edibles/get-high-eating-raw-weed/
Essentially raw weed has thc-a in it until it’s decarbed to thc. THCa is THC with a carboxyl acid.
The hemp companies selling high thca “hemp” are split in two groups, those just selling regular weed (high thc) and those selling type 2 cannabis (cbd:thc weed). The DEA caught on and for 2022 has now made it so that total thc (thca and thc) have to be below .3%. Hemp Companies are allowed to sell off the hemp they grew last year that has high thca but anything grown in 2022 has to have .3% total. There are still a few companies selling high thca hemp but it’s rare and they are taking a risk of being caught and charged like they’re selling regular weed. It’s happened to a couple farms in TN already.

Here’s a good article from the most trusty of weed sources, High Times. https://hightimes.com/edibles/get-high-eating-raw-weed/
Essentially raw weed has thc-a in it until it’s decarbed to thc. THCa is THC with a carboxyl acid.
The hemp companies selling high thca “hemp” are split in two groups, those just selling regular weed (high thc) and those selling type 2 cannabis (cbd:thc weed). The DEA caught on and for 2022 has now made it so that total thc (thca and thc) have to be below .3%. Hemp Companies are allowed to sell off the hemp they grew last year that has high thca but anything grown in 2022 has to have .3% total. There are still a few companies selling high thca hemp but it’s rare and they are taking a risk of being caught and charged like they’re selling regular weed. It’s happened to a couple farms in TN already.

You remember the "emerald dragon" I used to make? That was never heated and that shit got you absolutely ripped.

I also read the comments in the article and basically everyone wrote to say they get really high from eating raw weed and that the article is untrue.

Also if you look at the lab reports on weed samples, they will list the delta-9 THC and THCa separately

I remember the emerald dragon, it was good stuff, super potent. There is some amount of decarboxylation that happens during curing. Also taking a shot of very high proof liquor has a buzz of its own that it’s adding.
The people who get high from eating raw weed are getting the small amount of thc that has already been decarbed. They would get higher if they turned it into an edible where all or most of the thca has been converted to active thc. There are lots of articles about the benefits of eating or juicing raw cannabis but it’s not for the psychoactive effects.
It’s why you don’t see thc-a edibles being sold, because it would be similar to eating a cbd edible, not psychoactive, but it does have benefits like anti inflammatory effects. Where as you can find delta 9 thc edibles being sold at your local gas station or headshop even though it’s explicitly illegal, they are exploiting another loop hole with the thc in the edible being less than .3% of the weight of the edible.
All of this is a long winded way of saying regular delta 9 thc is orally active. While something like delta 8 thca would also not be active until it’s decarbed.

Last edited:

Here’s an article from a company that works in cannabis research that explains the difference between thca and thc.

Just picked up some THC-O today.

I read that it can be up to 300x more potent than THC. But whether they mean THC 8 or THC 9 i'm not sure.
It also says it can be borderline psychedelic.

I've taken 2 tokes & so far I feel a very mild delta 8 type of feeling maybe even weaker.
One website said it can take up to 30 minutes to kick in & even longer when eaten (obviously).
Does that mean it can take up to a half an hour to kick in even after hitting it?

It says it needs to be metabolized and is a produg. But I bought it in crumble... does it still metabolize when smoked? Hmmm.
Interesting sounding compound nonetheless. Guess we'll see where I'm at in another 20 mins.
Anyone else have any experience with this? good experiences?

I also just read that heating it and smoking it is more dangerous and can lead to the same shit as what happened when all those kids got sick smoking that Vitamin E.
Maybe it's not a good idea to use then? And if it needs to be metabolized, then why sell it as something to smoke?

Ironically tho, it hits a lot less harsh than delta 8.

Last edited:
I read that it can be up to 300x more potent than THC. But whether they mean THC 8 or THC 9 i'm not sure.

I have heard it's a little more potent than THC, never heard anywhere remotely close to 300x. It most certainly is not anywhere near 300x potency of any cannabinoid... I find it less potent than delta9, but more potent than delta 8. But its qualitative effects are very chill. It does take a while to come on fully, even when smoked. But I find it calmer in nature than delta-8, let alone delta-9.

And yeah it hits really smooth.

I've taken 2 tokes & so far I feel a very mild delta 8 type of feeling maybe even weaker.
One website said it can take up to 30 minutes to kick in & even longer when eaten (obviously).
Does that mean it can take up to a half an hour to kick in even after hitting it?

It says it needs to be metabolized and is a produg. But I bought it in crumble... does it still metabolize when smoked? Hmmm.
Interesting sounding compound nonetheless. Guess we'll see where I'm at in another 20 mins.

I also just read that heating it and smoking it is more dangerous and can lead to the same shit as what happened when all those kids got sick smoking that Vitamin E.
Maybe it's not a good idea to use then? And if it needs to be metabolized, then why sell it as something to smoke?

Metabolism happens whenever a drug is injested. Non-gut routes avoid absorbtion via the portal vein and first pass metabolism in the liver (also metabolism that occurs in the intestines, esterases are there in pretty high levels for example).

If vape lung occurs to the ketene hypothesis, it would be wise to exercise caution when vaping other acetyl eaters (such as thc-o acetate).

Basically the idea is that the acetoxy group (vitamin E acetate being the alleged culprit) cleaves off (as acetic acid) at high temperature, and then further decomposes to ketene, which is as reactive as phosgene. This is supported by the fact that ketene can be produced by pyrolysis of either acetic acid or acetone, at 500-600 C and is catalyzed in the presence of copper (conditions that could be locally reached in a vape cart, especially a janky one).

I am not sure if this theory has been thouroughly worked up, but it is certainly the hypothesis I go with when considering the cause of vape-lung.

the THC-O carts and products you pick up in the vape shop are extremely diluted

its very strong stuff, I'm sure, 3x more affinity sure

but these carts are so diluted it's hard to tell

I've been buying THC-O and THC-P carts for awhile, they're decent and I've gotten VERY high from them

but tolerance develops very quickly with them

if they released some pure THC-O product that wasn't diluted or cut... people would take 1 hit and freak the fuck out, right? It's all cut pretty heavily, I guess they try to make it the same strength as a d8 cart

the THC-O carts and products you pick up in the vape shop are extremely diluted

its very strong stuff, I'm sure, 3x more affinity sure

but these carts are so diluted it's hard to tell

I've been buying THC-O and THC-P carts for awhile, they're decent and I've gotten VERY high from them

but tolerance develops very quickly with them

if they released some pure THC-O product that wasn't diluted or cut... people would take 1 hit and freak the fuck out, right? It's all cut pretty heavily, I guess they try to make it the same strength as a d8 cart
The stuff I got is called Urban Sugar THCO-Crumble.
I guess it was the only THC-O they had in the store, so I bought it.

Still not sure what I think of it. I do feel something from it, but it's different. I also don't get any anxiety from it, which I occassionally do from delta 8 & 9.
It feels a bit more delayed too, which generally delayed type of drugs are more mild and drawn out.

I trust your experience though man! This shit is probably diluted bad. Although even taking hit after hit only produces a mild effect. I'll have to experiment with other brands or ROA if I can find them. I read it can cause more of the "spiritual" side of cannabis & that's definitely something delta 8 lacks is the psychedelic and meaningful mind space that delta 9 has. I could definitely use more of a headspace like that right now.

Metabolism happens whenever a drug is injested. Non-gut routes avoid absorbtion via the portal vein and first pass metabolism in the liver (also metabolism that occurs in the intestines, esterases are there in pretty high levels for example).

If vape lung occurs to the ketene hypothesis, it would be wise to exercise caution when vaping other acetyl eaters (such as thc-o acetate).

Basically the idea is that the acetoxy group (vitamin E acetate being the alleged culprit) cleaves off (as acetic acid) at high temperature, and then further decomposes to ketene, which is as reactive as phosgene. This is supported by the fact that ketene can be produced by pyrolysis of either acetic acid or acetone, at 500-600 C and is catalyzed in the presence of copper (conditions that could be locally reached in a vape cart, especially a janky one).

I am not sure if this theory has been thouroughly worked up, but it is certainly the hypothesis I go with when considering the cause of vape-lung.
Yeah that is a bit concerning.

I have THC-O crumble, that I vape with a pipe. It doesn't hit as harsh as delta 8 does, but this info definitely has me on alert.

Is possible that delta 8 concentrates could have something in them too that could hurt the lungs? They are so fucking harsh. I spent a few weeks after Christmas only smoking delta 9 wax & sugar & my lungs were fine the entire time, but once I had to go back to delta 8 (in a non-legal state & no hookups), my lungs immediately became shitty again. Have a hard time breathing when I wake up & cough like a mother fucker any time I hit the shit.

I'm not sure I'll continue with THC-O then after this experiment. It's better safe than sorry I think.

I'm wondering if this product a bit bunk too, because Negentropic said this shit hits hard, as does the rest of the internet, but the effect I'm getting is incredibly mild. Even more so than delta 8. So who knows what I'm smoking then.

If something needs to be metabolized by a liver enzyme into another drug tho, can this not make other ROA less effective though? For example, tramadol metabolizes into ODSMT in the liver, which is much more potent, however if one were to snort tramadol, they would get more tramadol on the receptor and less ODSMT right? Wonder if eating a piece of it would do anything. lol

Thanks for the info Skorpio!