• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Delta 8 THC - Chronic User - Look At Me, I Am the Captain Now

I experienced a lot of loss in 2019 and 2020... I lost my father after a 7 year long, horrific battle with ALS. And then right after I came back from a month long detox in a cabin in the woods, when I got off opiates again and was feeling really good and stable, my cat died expectedly, the ver7 day I got back. I relapsed that day. So I have a huge amount of grief and also guilt/self disgust. I tend to subconsciously and automatically create an emotional wall when I feel grief, and I had been unable to really properly process it. One time, on the trip back from a festival in 2021, I ate 75mg of delta-8, and I had the most profoundly cathartic experience. I listened to music and talked to my friend for the whole 7 hour journey. I spent about 4 hours of it intermittently crying, sometimes sobbing uncontrollably, and laughing, and remembering, and thinking, and processing. By the end of the trip, I felt such a heavy burden lift from me. Obviously the grief was not gone, but a lot of the toxic emotion was released and it helped me immeasurably. Then another time, after that, I ate the same dose, at the end of the first time I had covid and was isolated in my room by myself for a week, with my other, remaining cat. He is immeasurably important and dear to me, and he's 17 years old, so very old for a cat, though he is in good health and doesn't seem old. I am petrified of when I lose him, it is inconceivable to me, he has been the most consistent person in my adult life and is the best companion animal I will ever have. I spent that experience confronting his morality, and mine. Again, I cried a lot. I spent time really living in the moment and fully appreciating the time I have left with him. He spent the whole trip snuggled on my chest and we started into each other' eyes for hours. I can't know what he was thinking, obviously, but it felt like he was right there with me and we were mutually appreciating the relationship we have and the love we have for each other. That experience really helped me to gain some strength for the inevitable and prepare myself for the eventual need to accept that he is gone and not fall apart.

Oral delta 8 is a very special thing. Smoked delta-8 is nice, but it is very different from when you eat it.

I get crying spells from smoking real bud or d9. Or I use to.

Like I'd be watching a movie and if an emotional part came on or something that reflected something going on in my life, I would start to tear up & get the frog in my throat kind of thing.

Weeds always done this to me & normally I can hold back crying (at at least from something as small as a movie lol) but idk. Weed's always made me introspective and made me "feel" things with more intensity, but in a cathartic & beautiful way. I have to have it with every other drug I do at this point.

Yeah, weed definitely makes me feel my emotions much more intensely, and always has. Oral delta-8 seems more psychedelic about it, though, to me at least. My thoughts remain very clear and crisp, and instead of a meandering, cloudy experience that swings from one place to the next, I have a focused, coherent journey that sticks with me afterwards and teaches me something (that's why I say "more psychedelic", because the thing that differentiates weed from psychedelics for me is largely that I tend to forget most of it due to the fogginess of it).

That's just me though. I still love weed. But I'm awfully happy that these alt 'noids exist now, and also that they're stupidly cheap!

When a nostalgic feelz song comes on the radio sometimes I'll get teary eyed. I'm always stoned so I don't know if I can blame the weed, I've always been this way but then again I've always smoked weed. Born this way?

Finally gave HHC a go. It's aight. More head space and less body feels than delta 8. It's a nice change up but I'm not gonna get a new wife or anything. Delta 8 is a more complete package and all around better. Even if HHC continues to drop in price I'll be going right back to delta 8 as my main.

Delta 8 for life.

Delta 8 is like MDMA/MDA if Delta 9 is like Acid/Mescaline. Crude comparison but the entactogenic nature of d8 is so pronounced, compared to the headfuck and chattering loopy psychedelia of delta 9. ( I mean the MDMA comparison falls short of the serotonin depletion issues. I'm mostly just making the comparison in terms of character and "personality")

I'm like relieved this exists, I always wondered why fresh flowers were so potent but its honestly just selective breeding for that one super Potent cannabinoid we all know and love/fear lol. Especially killing CBD content along side the massive rise in D9 in "dank/medical"

Sometimes life just drops an easy solution in your lap and rather than Question it too much its just like "aight, dope. Thx"

Is THC-O decarbed? Ive seen thc-o edibles wonder if they are any good....tolerance to d8d9 is way to high

That's what I'm f****** talking about mate. I loved marijuana for many years myself. But I think every single chronic user of marijuana goes through the same anxiety issues after a while. So we either have to put it down entirely or we start using other substances like benzodiazepine or drinking. And at that point it's just not worth it anymore for many of us.

Delta 8 in small doses allows me to feel medicated to feel relief without the nerve-wracking paranoid delusions or the severe memory problems. And in many states it's completely legal and even when it's not legal it's super cheap and super easy to get. Take some Delta 8 makes it with some CBD and you're going to be completely relaxed for up to 8 hours orally.

I personally love it . A lot of hemp based products out there that will get you where you need to go without the legality issues of normal marijuana products. I'm glad that people are starting to realize the benefits.

I have experienced chronic pain my entire life and lower dose oral Delta 8 has brought new pain relief to me and I am ever so thankful. Of course I try not to use it everyday like anything else I don't want to become dependent on it. And I experiment with different vendors. But yeah I did it every single day for about 2 months at about 75 mg a day and then I stopped I didn't have any trouble sleeping I didn't have any irritability issues it was really surprising.

Just start low I took 25 mg at first it knocked me out for ten hours with zero tolerance. It is weed light. However large doses will put you into space. I had enormous closed eye visuals and really horrific psychedelic effects from a accidental large dose of Delta 8 or Delta 10. It certainly can be scary.