• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

decreased effects of adderall while on wellbutrin

dildonian jr.

Bluelighter
Okay so I've read extensively on this topic and I can't really find any theories of why the effects are so diminished atm
I'm on 300 my bupropion xl and Remeron 45 my
I haven't taken adderall in 6th months so no chance of tolerance. I'm usually extremely sensitive to amphetamines, like a point of ice absolutely wrecks me. So today I decided to snort a 20mg ir adderall, and I barely got anything from it, I expected at least some euphoria but got none. I still got some focus but I expected to have the hair on the back of my neck stand up from euphoria.
I've been doing reading and people said it would diminish tyne effect to an extent but I didn't think this much. I read that mirtazepine being a SARI would do nothing to change it and could even potentiate it, so I know that's not the culprit. I read that welbutrin occupies 14-26% of the DAT and that causes not as much amphetamine to get into the cell
I also saw that amphetamines affinity at DAT is much higher than bupropion's, but that's not including its metabolites at their peak plasma levels but still, it wouldnt block a good amount of amp getting in. But it feels like the amphetamine is being diminished much more so than what's expected.

Can someone help me come up with possibilities of what's causing it to be so unsatisfying euphoria wise?
I will say that I am very focused. This combo would be good for therapeutically for this that do not enjoy the euphoria.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-713639.html

Hey I know this post is ancient, but I can't believe nobody replied. Welbutrin should actually INCREASE the effects of Adderal between 2-5 fold. Here's a link to interactions described on Drugs.com. Says 93-98% of people will have increased blood concentrations of adderall while taking Welbutrin, you must be a 2%er, :(
http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=440-0,190-1645&types[]=major&types[]=minor&types[]=moderate&types[]=food&types[]=therapeutic_duplication&professional=1

huh how odd. as confirmed above I've always found wellbutrin to potentiate amphetamines. in fact they are often contraindicated because both lower the seizure threshold and if prescribed together a lower dose of stimulants is supposed to be prescribed. wellbutrin is theoretically a true potientiator of amphetamines ...not like how people say antihistamines "potentiate" opiates, that is actually a synergistic effect, wellbutrin and amphetamine combinations involve true potentiation if I'm not mistaken.