Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Decent police officers

on_the_rise_5

Bluelighter
Last night i was driving along a minor highway (70 km/h zone) at around 90 km/h i overtook a car withour indicating, and was doing this speed as i needed to get past this car and back into that lane as to make a left hand turn from that lane (the car i overtook was doing 60 km/h and braking) as i looked in my rear view mirror i saw party lights coming up behind me.
I made my left hand turn and kept going, pushing the car hard enough to get away but no so hard as to look like i was aware of their presence. I turned off onto a little side street and turned off the ignition and lights, the police car kept on going straight. I turned on my ignition and lights looked behind to see a police car coming back down the hill, to my dismay they recognised the car and turned on the lights.
I hopped out of the car and walked toward the police vehicle, as i pulled out my wallet out popped a single ecstacy tablet (oops, my stupidity astounds me) the police officer calmly asked what it was that dropped, to which i replied ecstacy, as i could see no option but to co-operate. He then calmy asked the other officer to do a search of my car, and read me my rights, we then called my parents, and i asked the officer doing the search to wait until my parents arrived to continue with the search, which she obliged in doing so.
The thing that astounded me was that the police officers then started just having a casual chat with me, as we waited for my parents, i decided that it was fine for the officer to continue the search which she did, before my parents arrived, it was a very loose search and luckily for my sake did not find any other illicit substances.
The reason i am writing this is because, the police officers decided not to charge me with speeding as they felt i did not deserve to loose my licence as i would suffer enough with the drug offence, they did however charge me with not displaying P plates and not indicating to change lanes. These officers were extremely help ful and in no way rude, they went about their job in a very professional manner. There was no rudeness, and they assisted in every way possible, i feel i got off lightly, i have to go to 3 drug diversion councilling sessions, and i recieve no other penalties.
one question is, they asked 2 compulsory questions (which i did not answer truthfully) 1. Who did i get it off and 2. Was it for me. The was it for me i could understand (which i stated it was) but asking who i got it from??? surely not, for this i merely said the name of a person who i have an extreme dislike for and deserves everything that is coming for him. Is this legal to ask this question as they said if i did not answer i would recieve criminal charges, so i basically had no option out of it, as my knowledge did not extend to being 100% sure of this threat.
Also the female officer who performed the search recomended to my mum that kids should just stick to weed, haha, my mum was furious as she feels marijuina does a lot less damage than ecstacy (she is a pharmacist and sees the damage from weed daily)
so that is my 2 cents worth, just wanted to put it out there that there are still a lot of good police officers who do their job correctly
on_the_rise

lol not as decent as the two officers who let us off for drinking in public or the ones who didnt search me when i was stoned off my nut i have alot of respect for cops they are so incompetent people like me never get caught and i appreciate that

That's good to hear, on_the_rise. IMO this is exactly the way police officers should be dealing with small drug offences, especially those involving minors (I'm presuming you're under 18, hence having your mother in attendence?)

I don't know the answer to your question about naming a dealer, but it is my understanding that drug diversion is optional, meaning if you piss off the cops, they could book you for the pill. Always a reason to keep it nice and polite when dealing with them. If I was in the situation though, I'd say I bought it off a stranger in a nightclub, or on the street.

Ive had cops come to a mates house, who was having a party and there had been a noise complaint. He walked in the backyard to see about 10 people smoking joints and a dude ripping a bong. Cop walked in, asked the host to turn music down and then proceeded to say "If i wasnt on duty i'd rip a cone with you" and left.

I know this sounds farfetched but i'd swear on anything that this is true. Mind you he was very young, 25 at most and looked like he smoked in his free time anyway. Best encounter ive had with a cop by far!

Cops are just like normal people. There are those that are reasonable citizens and don't abuse their authority, and then there are those who obviously got picked on a lot in high school and are out to get everybody. Its the ones that give them a bad name that you hear about most often, which isnt really fair, because some of them are actually alright.

In my opinion they are dicks like any other cop. They didnt ping you for speeding because they didnt have a radar on you. Same thing happend with me. I was obviously speeding they pulled me over but couldnt get me because they didnt have a radar on me.

Its like good cop bad cop. They seemed really nice but they still pinged you for everything they could. Often in these casual chats (iv had a few of them too) they will ask a heap of pointless questions before giving you a loaded question (So where did ya get em?). They hope that youl answer the easy questions then blurt out the answer, if you try ans stall or lie they get angry (bad cop). You dont want to piss them off so you tell them the answer. They might even accuse you of a crime much worse and you dont want to get in trouable for something worse so you admit to the lesser crime.

I hate cops........iv only met a few good ones (even some drug useing ones:)

well they had a radar on the side of car, one of the officers just sadi that she did not feel i needed to lose my licence which is what would have happened if she booked me for speeding also :D
Im just glad that not all police officers are twats as before this incident i had little to no respect for police officers but this has heightened my respect for them

most police that i've encountered have been pretty decent. i've met arrogant and rude cops before but they usually work in groups. police are just normal people, there are nice cops and arsehole cops. but in my experience, they will go easy on you if you treat them with respect. i've been caught with small amounts of drugs before and every time they've just let me off with a 'warning' because i've been polite and acted like an innocent little kid who's been mixing with a bad crowd ;) remember, they are just doing their jobs. if you are polite and co-operate with them, they'll usually be fairly lenient. the key here is to be polite, if you give them a hard time they won't hesitate to give you a hard time in return. but most cops couldn't care less about recreational drug users. if you make them feel good, they will often be happy to let you off. make them feel appreciated, but don't be a smart arse. police often like having 'casual chats', use this to your advantage! remember, for them it's just another boring day at work. BE FRIENDLY.

and most of all, avoid getting caught in the first place! next time keep your pill somewhere it won't fall out! :p

When i was 16 in 1990 i was charged with credit card fraud $4000, Someone dobbed me in cause they got caught doing same thing anyways,
the detectives who showed up were assholes saying to my mum (who was in tears) im in alot of trouble etc ,the head detective spoke to me alone and basically i just said heres all the computer gear without him even having to ask where it was and he replied ok cause i didnt stuff him around and told the truth straight up that i would be cautioned and that if i did have anything in the house that shouldnt be there to throw it in the lake as soon as i leave the police station. All i had to do was sign a statement and that was it... I think also the fact the computer gear was undamaged and everything was returned...

So yes some police are cool ,mainly the Oldtimers who have seen alot worse things in their time....Its the young officers who have a hero complex that are not so forgiving..

But to be let off these days is like winning the lottery in my books....

Times have changed...

Last edited:
cops can't use there radars on you if they are driving behind you. the only way you can get booked for speeding is if they are stopped and you drive past, or if they are driving towards you.
if you get booked for speeding from a cop driving behind you, ask to see the radar, because chances are they have just guesstimated your speed.

oh and BTW, it is my humble opinion that these cops WERE dickheads to you. it just seems that they were able to trick you into thinking they were nice. if they were really nice, they would have let you off! but they got you for everything that they could.

Possibly i spose, but they were so nice... not arrogant pricks on a power trip!! yeh they were on side of road and had the radar thing off sid of car :p

My latest experience with cops not being dicks was after a rave at about 8am sunday morning...all the munters still out on the street looking for somewhere to go, somebody is CRANKING hardhouse at an extremely loud volume.

Soon enough the cops roll by...the music goes down, mutters go around, everybody does the shifty munter shuffle. They drive by with big smiles on their faces. Down comes a window. The abuse is about to start flying. "Hey guys! Woah, cool hair bro!, whered you get that done?" The guy with green hair closes his agape mouth and walks over..."um well...". Blah blah blah. These guys roll past all teh groups making chit chat, don't get out of their cars, don't ask any nasty questions.

Half an hour later they're back. "Fuck, now we're gonna get it" The music goes down again, the shifty shuffle ensues. Down comes the window..."we back again :D How you guys goin?"...Again, they slowly drive past talking to everybody and go on their way.

We disperse within half an hour. No trouble is caused, no harm is done. They've done their job by keeping an eye on any potential disorder. They've also given a HUGE bolstering to police reputation. "WOW...those are the NICEST cops ive EVER come across was what everybody had to say"

More cops liek this me says.

Furthermore, drugs and traffic are why everybody hates cops. Decriminalise and separate out traffic cops to remove the public stigma and bring back a real reciprocal relationship with even the youth community.

^^ fair enough.
im only going off what they teach at the driver rehabilitation courses that the courts make you go to for driving infringements....

Cyberdyne i much prefer ur cops to myn :( maybe i would have been shown a blind eye if i met ur policemen haha

I have had this same thing happen to me in brissy on vulture st, overtook a small car going bout 60km/h(in a 60 zone obviously). I ended up going about 85km/h until i had to slow down for the corkscrew. I also saw a set of lights catching up pretty fast after about 1km of following me through backstreets on the way back to my house they decided to pull me over.

The young male officer in undercover car approached the front door asking "Were you aware you were going approximately 90km/h back on vulture street" To which i replied "No Officer I'm positive i was going the speed limit" (Meanwhile my mind was slightly stressing that my extremely stoned friend had woken up and demanded to know wat was going on, as last he remembered was a group of 4 of them were having a giant chop at indro in this seedy Commodore VK(A regular target of police) and i was the DD.

After this he did the normal cop thing take my licence and rego blah blah. He then returned warned me that he knew i was speeding but couldn't do anything about it cause he didn't match my speed, have me on radar, and the fact i denied it.... After all this He proceeded to tell me and my friend to rip cones at home instead of in a car, apparently the only reason he and his partner didn't bother searching the car because Quote "Smells like any piece of evidence is already gone" So in the end this fella was nice in once sense but he really seemed intent on wanting to book me for speeding

In the end some cops are cool, But there are a shitload of them that are just tools/ or they are just partnered with absolute Fu!#$!@$

Got busted way back in 98 or something, I was minor for growing cannabis and when I got busted, the cops told me, "we received a report that you were growing and using the substance, and we were worried about the age you were, if you were a bit older, we wouldn't have bothered to come and knock on your door."

I was 16 at the time and I was living in Tassie, glad they busted me a week before I turned 17 ;)

Just ended up in children court, got slapped with 105 hours comminuty service was forced to work in nursing home for the aged, and after I completed the community service I was offered a job with them and worked with them for 3 months then went overseas, so I guess my "bust" turned out good for me. :D

Immortal Teknique said:
"If i wasnt on duty i'd rip a cone with you" and left.

Haha, got a story like that. Same thing, house party and a noise complaint, we're standing out the back while the senior cop lectures us, while the female cop is just standing next to him rolling her eyes.

MATE: Sh*t I'm cold
ME: If ya cold why dont you go inside?
MATE: Makes sense...
COP: (Directed at me) Well you're obviously not cold cos ya ping'ing ya head off
*Jaw drops to the ground*
ME: Excuse me?
COP: I saaaid, you're obviously not cold cos ya ping'ing ya head off... Lucky bastard...

I didnt know what to do, I just stumbled off quite confused.
waspman⌐ said:
cops can't use there radars on you if they are driving behind you. the only way you can get booked for speeding is if they are stopped and you drive past, or if they are driving towards you.
if you get booked for speeding from a cop driving behind you, ask to see the radar, because chances are they have just guesstimated your speed.

Well I know in NSW police can use their disgression in judging your speed and book you, they dont need to have you on radar. I know cos I got booked for it.

Also I've had cops lessen the speeding charge etc so I wouldnt lose my licence as I didnt have many points left. There's some great cops out there...

on_the_rise_5 said:

one question is, they asked 2 compulsory questions (which i did not answer truthfully) 1. Who did i get it off and 2. Was it for me. The was it for me i could understand (which i stated it was) but asking who i got it from???

you do NOT have to answer ANY questions the police ask you. You have an absolute right against self-incrimination. The police cannot force you to say anything, and there is no penalty for not talking to them (other than for certain particulars, such as providing name and address in connection to a crime. thats all you have to provide).

In future, you should point out that you have a right to silence and that you are exercising it. If they weren't so lenient, what you said would have come back to haunt you in court.