• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

death by mushrooms

BlueMind said:
If you are so close to the kid's family, did you tell his mom that you gave him the dealer's number then?

22 grams fresh or dried?

Either way, your friend was too young to be messing around with drugs. Alcohol is a far more easier drug on the mind, and there is a reason you have to be 21 to drink it. Injesting drugs comes with great repsponsibilities. If your friend ate 22 grams dry, then he was too uneducated to be using them.

dry and he was trying to commit suicide

Deviate, I have never had nausea or any problems with 30g dried cubensis, with the 120g of mexicana, that was a very strong ++++, full ego loss, I have a trip report in TR somewhere on that one, I did get a little nausea afterwards and stomach pain for a while from an over acidified extraction, puked up digested fungus bits all over the stairs of my house:\

wow, no nausea on 30 grams dried? i get nauseas on 1 gram. i wish i could handle mushrooms like you.

Damn. dieing on shrooms would be one of the worst ways to go. And everyone quit hounding Mrsumone. Maybe he was allergic to mushrooms, maybe it actually was the mushrooms that killed him, but the mushrooms did help contribute to his death. And thats should be enough to knwo thst its not the totaly harmless drug that everyone thinks it to be.

^ but honestly who the fuck is going to take 22grams dried? that just ridiculous esp for a 13 year old. Moral of the story? Stick to known doses.

BlueMind said:
If you are so close to the kid's family, did you tell his mom that you gave him the dealer's number then?
No, its hard enough for me to deal with knowing i attributed to his death. I have to go everyday knowing that i helped kill one of my best friends. Do you know what thats like? Im sure you dont.

^ Well it's the risk you face for giving a 13 year old a number to buy mushrooms.

Originally posted by gloggawogga
Without more specific information, there is very little we can learn from this.

i agree this is a tragic case but gloggawogga is right. this is sad news but if we can't learn something from it - and prevent the spread of potentially dangerous misinformation - what value does such a thread have to BL?

i know this must be awful for you mrsumone but you have chosen to discuss this publicly. i'm intrigued to learn the actual cause of death in this case.

alasdair

subdefy said:
^ Well it's the risk you face for giving a 13 year old a number to buy mushrooms.

Didn't think about it at the time. I was just trying to hook him up... for his birthday :(

Yes, i would like to know exactly what it was that killed him also. When i called his mom today, she said she didn't really feel like talking about it at the time.

^ wow it was his birthday so he was turning 13 or was already 13 turning 14?

He was going to turn 14 that night, but technically when he died he was still 13.

I really could care less if I’m pissing you off. YOU decided to add to this thread, either answer the questions at hand or STFU and go away. This is a serious issue and statements of fact should be based on fact alone, especially when posted in a public forum where numerous individuals may look for accurate information. Some of the statements you have made don’t quite sit right with me (judging from some other posts I’m not the only one questioning them) and clarification is necessary if you expect people to take them as factual.

You posted;

Just to add, it was my friend that died from eating 22 grams of shrooms.

He consumed nothing other than the 22 grams of shrooms that night and he didnt come out of it alive.

I know that that was the only thing he had ingested that night because his mom told me that the toxicology report (or coroners report wtf ever u wanna call it) only showed the active chemicals in shrooms in his body (dont feel like gettin all technical with names). She told me that it said it was from an overdose on shrooms. I dont know exactly what it said on the report, im going by her words.

Also i have no clue about what kind/where grown, so yes it may sound stupid on my part for munching on the same ones since i didnt even know if they were legit, but this was before i found this site. (not that that is an excuse or anything)

They also found Psilocybin in his body, im guessing, because his mom told me that they were magic mushrooms and she found out from the coroners office or whoever.

By your own admission you don’t know exactly what the report said (someone told you what it said). Hell, you aren’t even sure what kind of mushrooms there were. (again, your words)

You assert it was shrooms alone, however, you “don’t feel like getting all technical with names”. If someone died from a much lower than expected dose of shrooms, step up with the specific details of the case. You may be able to save someone’s life.

I know that that was the only thing he had ingested that night because his mom told me that the toxicology report (or coroners report wtf ever u wanna call it) only showed the active chemicals in shrooms in his body

The only thing he took was Adderall for ADD.

Hmm. No food or drink ingested that night? What about the Adderall for his ADD? I could ask a two dozen more questions related to the coroners report, however, seeing as you didn’t READ IT I won’t.

Yes, i would like to know exactly what it was that killed him also. When i called his mom today, she said she didn't really feel like talking about it at the time.

HOLD ON!! Now you don’t know exactly what killed him? What happened to all the facts you got from a grieving mother who now doesn’t want to discuss the matter with you?
Im very close with his family. Trust me,

So close you didn’t know your friend was suicidal or hang out on his B-day when you were both going to be tripping anyway.

I have seen enough. Unless you can produce some real hard data, IMO, this is BS. I’m very sorry a young man saw no other option than to take his life before he ever got the chance to experience it, BUT, to declare it was 22grams of shrooms ALONE is unsubstantiated. It is unconfirmed second hand information like this that starts and maintains rumors and misinformation throughout our community.

And ya i am 14, so what? Just cuz im 14 does that mean i dont know shit about anything? No, and if you are gonna try n sit here and tell ME shit about MY friend, FUCK OFF.

Im guessing you really dont know how hard it is

On a more personal note, mrsumone, I do know how hard it is. I have buried one of my parents, several close relatives, and way too many friends. (sadly, 3 this year alone) My reference to your age was for one reason and one reason alone; I don’t believe a grieving mother is going to discuss, in detail, her sons coroners report with a 14 yr old family friend. I don’t believe she is going to share every detail necessary to substantiate your statements of “fact” and I feel the contents of this post, as it stands now, back up my position.

^^^
Good post. I have heard of kids dieing from taking a larger dose of adderall and then going to do football training. Basically his body could not handle it and he ended up with a heart attack.

Shrooms have the potential to raise your heartbeat, combine that with some adderall and you could run into problems...

I personally think it was the adderall/mushrooms combination. Did your friend ever abuse his medication ? Snort it ? Dose high ?

I would really back off your friends mom for a while, she needs time to greive. Not somebody questioning her about the details of her sons death.

Hey, Mr. Sumone,

Sorry to potentially piss you off, but I think you are wrong.

My best friend died almost two years ago. Supposedly from an overdose of Dextromethorphan. That's what his mom told me. That's what she promised me.

It wasn't for a year later, and after some intensive 3rd party research by the guys at the Dextroverse (calling around and getting coroner's reports and things faxed to them), that they discovered, for me, AGAINST THE WORD OF MY BEST FRIEND'S MOM SPEAKING ABOUT HER FIRST BORN SON, that my friend, in fact, died of a lethal fentanyl overdose.

Maybe your friend DID die of a mushroom overdose. But don't you dare take your friend's mom's grieving words at face value.

Sigh, this is not what i needed after my friends death. I did not even make this thread.

Like i said, his mother told me that "all they found was shrooms in his body". Those are her words. All i have told you is what i know for a fact AND her words.

All i can tell you all is what she told me and what i know. And thats all i have told you.

So apparently since "all they found was shrooms in his body" , he did not take his addy that day.

I would just rather the mods close this because i really dont feel like being insulted for telling what i know and what ive been told by his mother. Not much more i can say besides what i know, correct?

EDIT: Oh and sorry i made the mistake of posting serious stuff like this in these forums. I was just trying to give you the story about my friend just to show that maybe these arent as safe as they are thought to be. Sorry that i made the mistake of putting this out here and sharing it with you all. Thanks to some of you that dont think im bullshitting, but to the rest of you who think i am, fuck you. I dont need this shit right now and i would not lie about what i have been told or what i know. Ive told you exactly that. What i know, and what his mother told me.

Sorry for thinking people could not be assholes for 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Originally posted by mrsumone
Sigh, this is not what i needed after my friends death. I did not even make this thread.

indeed this must be a very tough time for you. i'm clearly not the only one that believes that.

that said, you have chosen to participate in the discussion so you have to accept some responsibility for your actions. i totally understand if you don't wish to talk about this. if not, you simply have to withdraw from the thread.

the fact that you keep posting replies suggests that you wish to keep discussing the matter.

Originally posted by mrsumone
Ive told you exactly that. What i know, and what his mother told me.

of course. i think that's well understood. some people in the thread are just interested in knowing whether what his mother told you is the truth. that's all.

we know he ingested mushrooms. we know he died. we're just trying to understand if one is responsible for the other.

alasdair

deroxor said:
Damn. dieing on shrooms would be one of the worst ways to go.

If only I could be so lucky as to be on mushrooms when I die, I think it would be a wonderful way to go.

^^ When I tried to commit suicide recently, I seriously considered trying to kill myself with an overdose of psychedelics. I decided it would be too painful and uncertain and "wide awake", and decided on benzos and booze instead. I took every benzo I had in the house, and started drinking, but I passed out before I could drink enough alcohol to kill me, so obviously, I did not succeed -- whereas I think if I had ingested all the grams of RC's I had lying around at the time, I'd certainly have been dead. (I know the thread is about mushrooms, not RC's. Sorry. But death by psychedelics is still very intriguing to me.)

I have never had nausea or any problems with 30g dried cubensis, with the 120g of mexicana, that was a very strong ++++,
i really believe (read : i'm sure) you're mistaking dried and fresh mushrooms

i also would have thought that a dose of mushrooms too high for your bady to bear would make you throw up before it would kill you.
but that's only speculation from my own experience