• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

🎄 Christmas 🎄 Dear Santy, please bring ammo. Xoxo 🍪 🥛

It's an inherently null question, that can only be covered with "what you think is real", because anything else is going to smash the kaleidoscope.

Lemme paraphrase that. Say Anton and Klaus looking at a wall that is painted blue. Anton might see it as red, and Klaus might see it as yellow, but both Anton and Klaus are going to call that wall "blue".

There is no whole and absolute truth/reality, since everybody will see it from another point of view. Even empirical data needs someone to read the data. If I am not aware of the data, it does not exist (yet), not in my reality.

Another example, you're looking for your lighter in your pocket where it always is. You search it, it's not there, you start looking in other places, other pockets, until you're half-mad, then you reach into the first pocket and the lighter is there. Now the science would suggest if it really wasn't there, then the particles making up the lighter must have temporarily relocated. Even if you're 100% sure the lighter wasn't there, you will never be able to make this someone else's reality, since the data is only available to you, and for many this is impossible data, however in particle physics this is one of the 101 principles, this can and might even actually happen; and even if you wrote it down nobody would believe it, unless they knew the same issue.

We deal with objective reality to be able to communicate, but essentially cannot trust anything within it. I mean I know I'm going to call red red, but if I see it as blue, I will just never know.
Thanks for that. Leave it to you to make sense of things in a clear and concise manner. ❤️

It's just this total onslaught of media all of the time. And it's almost impossible to fact check everything and to not doubt what you're seeing right in front of you eyes. Sometimes I think I should just switch everything off and have done with it.

Really good explanation and insights though. Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:
Ho ho ho! I'm on the way. Had a makeover, feeling like kind of a badass.

bad-santa-claus-with-gun-picture-id1175870138

I know for a fact that you've been sucking dick, Hannukah Harry. And that's pretty badass.

Thanks for that. Leave it to you to make sense of things in a clear and concise manner. ❤️

It's just this total onslaught of media all of the time. And it's almost impossible to fact check everything and to not doubt what you're seeing right in front of you eyes. Sometimes I think I should just switch everything off and have done with it. But then I don't want to miss out on anything.

Really good explanation and insights though. Thanks a lot! :)
It is absolutely impossible to fact check everything. "The fact" is a tricky thing.
I had a colleague once who was totally buying into the flat earth thing,
actually he was of the opinion that Earth is one of billions of "bee hive"-life contraptions.

What can you say to someone like that "Get in an airplane, fuckhead"?
It's no matter what I say, it is already part of his reality, so no matter what I say, it will always be twisted by his subconscious to fit his reality.
Can see the planet bending on an airplane? Fake windows, easy.

This makes the entire question if "the facts" truly matter quite interesting, because for so fucking many people they just do not count - people usually believe what they want to believe/what fits them psychologically.

Then you look at how many reports or pictures for newspapers etc. are actually made. Most are just "re-enactments", so the tipping point is there again to go in both directions. Is it true, or not? I have to trust the person/organisation reporting the news to me.

Good example, I was watching some German TV interview Putin with my friend from Russia, well actually from Armenia but he does speak Russian, and he said they put wrong subtitles under the screen, and translated what he did say. It was all in all quite similar, but here and there they changed/misunderstood things (I mean it could have been just a mistake, Russian is fucking hard)

What I mean is that usually before news reach us, they have been filtered, meaning if someone had an agenda, they could easily use it in what exactly they report about. So essentially all news is possibly "fake news", I think that's why many people just don't trust it anymore, and why these days many are so unsure about what's real and what isn't

Good example, I was watching some German TV interview Putin with my friend from Russia, well actually from Armenia but he does speak Russian, and he said they put wrong subtitles under the screen, and translated what he did say. It was all in all quite similar, but here and there they changed/misunderstood things (I mean it could have been just a mistake, Russian is fucking hard)
Yep. I've seen the same or similar comments being made by Russian speaking people on a lot of the stuff that I watch. The subtitles are not materially incorrect but some have said that it's such a shame because a lot of the nuance is lost. Also seems to me there are many sayings and phrases and colloquialisms in Russian for which there are no direct English translations. And no shit is it hard. I'm trying to get to a point where I could at least get by (before any of this shit kicks off assuming it does so at least there's an end goal and target and purpose and time limit if that makes sense).

I have to trust the person/organisation reporting the news to me.
That's the thing. At SOME point you have to trust otherwise you'd lose your mind and there'd be no point in trying to keep up with what's going on around the world. That's one of the reasons why, when it comes to Russia, I try to get as much as I can from interviews, in Russian, with him. Unless it's a formal speech: he shoots from the hip in interviews and seldom, if ever, are his answers scripted (although no doubt there may be dry runs and preparations done beforehand). But if you watch an individual often enough I think you can eventually and intuitively tell what's coming straight from the horses mouth and what's not. Body language, facial expressions, involuntary movements, general demeanor, tone, those silences while he sometimes scratches around for right words to use so as to not offend the human race, a lot of stuff that cannot be prepped. And there's a lot of stuff floating around and that was never prepared for nor meant for broadcast. Anyways. That's the reality that I choose and shall stick with until it's proved that I'm wrong. That feels much better and comfortable!

Thanks for the posts and insights. Feel free to send me a bill for professional counseling services rendered!

Last edited:
But then sometimes maybe you gotta just lighten up and laugh at yourself and take a load off.

News about the cartoon depicted on the link below came on local TV news tonight. I laughed my fucking head off. Meanwhile the rest of the country and some overseas are losing their shit because the cartoon is racist apparently. I dunno about that. Coming from Africa I think it's quite cute to be honest. Not to mention rather clever (what with the name of the boat and the flag and EU flag and the little BROWN COVIDS).

Yep. I've seen the same or similar comments being made by Russian speaking people on a lot of the stuff that I watch. The subtitles are not materially incorrect but some have said that it's such a shame because a lot of the nuance is lost. Also seems to me there are many sayings and phrases and colloquialisms in Russian for which there are no direct English translations. And no shit is it hard. I'm trying to get to a point where I could at least get by (before any of this shit kicks off assuming it does so at least there's an end goal and target and purpose and time limit if that makes sense).

That's the thing. At SOME point you have to trust otherwise you'd lose your mind and there'd be no point in trying to keep up with what's going on around the world. That's one of the reasons why, when it comes to Russia, I try to get as much as I can from interviews, in Russian, with him. Unless it's a formal speech: he shoots from the hip in interviews and seldom, if ever, are his answers scripted (although no doubt there may be dry runs and preparations done beforehand). But if you watch an individual often enough I think you can eventually and intuitively tell what's coming straight from the horses mouth and what's not. Body language, facial expressions, involuntary movements, general demeanor, tone, those silences while he sometimes scratches around for right words to use so as to not offend the human race, a lot of stuff that cannot be prepped. And there's a lot of stuff floating around and that was never prepared for nor meant for broadcast. Anyways. That's the reality that I choose and shall stick with until it's proved that I'm wrong. That feels much better and comfortable!

Thanks for the posts and insights. Feel free to send me a bill for professional counseling services rendered!
:ROFLMAO: no sweat

I never buy into one country's news. That's why it's good to speak multiple languages, so you can read news from different countries, and at least give you a larger perspective.

but I'd prefer not sending a bill, I'm fucking expensive, sadly.
Can't bill it differently, German bureaucracy, everything is normed.

Dear Santy, please bring these pussies a subscription to FOX NATION and a strong cisgender father who will lead his family away from liberal academia.

EYRoKH2.jpg
This lot lack a certain pizzazz if compared to the first two. Like the difference between Jen Psaki and Kayleigh McEnany! :ROFLMAO:

And why has the little one only got so few books? That's fucking horrible. 😢

Love your santy wish for them though. :)

Last edited:
Why no? Could be the gift that keeps on giving? Books on maintenance and cleaning, reloading, what constitutes the difference between justifiable homicide and other, open and closed carry, you get the picture. :ROFLMAO:
its just toooooooo sensible LMBO

Dear Santy, please bring these pussies a subscription to FOX NATION and a strong cisgender father who will lead his family away from liberal academia.

EYRoKH2.jpg
I'm confused, books are not arms.
Is she a moron? Why does she have a Doc if she is a moron?
Is it in Art History, because those really do not count.
Omfg she's a pediatrician :ROFLMAO:

If she's referring to "knowledge" as a weapon,
a smartphone would have been the better choice, since it's essentially all books rolled into one.:ROFLMAO:
but I guess there's no social justice warrior way of showing your kids with smartphones.
Gods, I'm absolutely against guns, and even I'm pissed off by empty people trying to pressure others with their pseudo-intellectual agenda.

If anything, the USA is still sort of safe, because of guns, because anyone is potentially dangerous.
Your military is fucked up enough, that in a state of Civil War or other crisis they would just take over. Not so easy if the population is armed. Don't give up your fucking arms, America.

I'm confused, books are not arms.
Is she a moron? Why does she have a Doc if she is a moron?
Is it in Art History, because those really do not count.
Omfg she's a pediatrician :ROFLMAO:

If she's referring to "knowledge" as a weapon,
a smartphone would have been the better choice, since it's essentially all books rolled into one.:ROFLMAO:
but I guess there's no social justice warrior way of showing your kids with smartphones.
Gods, I'm absolutely against guns, and even I'm pissed off by empty people trying to pressure others with their pseudo-intellectual agenda.

If anything, the USA is still sort of safe, because of guns, because anyone is potentially dangerous.
Your military is fucked up enough, that in a state of Civil War or other crisis they would just take over. Not so easy if the population is armed. Don't give up your fucking arms, America.
I THINK what she's trying to say is that it's better to arm children with knowledge than weapons.

Arguably she may be right if there's any truth to the saying that "the pen is mightier than the sword".

Here's me trying to find the original pic. so that I can enlarge it and examine the titles of those books! I seriously need a fucking hobby or a break from here huh! And don't laugh at me because I'll put money on the fact that I'm not the first person to have thought about doing this. Since she tweeted that shit there isn't a Republican in America that's not had the same idea! :ROFLMAO:

I THINK what she's trying to say is that it's better to arm children with knowledge than weapons.

Arguably she may be right if there's any truth to the saying that "the pen is mightier than the sword".

Here's me trying to find the original pic. so that I can enlarge it and examine the titles of those books! I seriously need a fucking hobby or a break from here huh! And don't laugh at me because I'll put money on the fact that I'm not the first person to have thought about doing this. Since she tweeted that shit there isn't a Republican in America that's not had the same idea! :ROFLMAO:
I am laughing but only because i did the same thing(successfully i might add)