• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dealing with OPIATE RELATED CONSTIPATION ~ Mega Thread

your diet looks ok, i take 280mg oxy per day & have no issues with constip8tion.

I do drunk lots of h2o - like 20 x 8 ox glasses per day.

I found a v8 juice b4 bedtime works - on an empty stomach.

you did not crappola for 16 days?? are you for real?

Longest ive gone, literately 16 Days, i gained 18 pounds, i shit, lost 18 pounds thats how i know, i have stretch marks it was so bad. er did nothing...they wanted to do somethin but um...i kinda just went home and chugged 2 bottles of the pre stomach surgery solution, shit for days. haha...its no joke dude, i know it hurts, foggy headed, really just fucks up your life. it takes a while man, but sooner or later your gonna find whats right for ya, just try product after product, best advise.

Marine Minerals - Liquid Ionic Trace Minerals

Taking a normal, or elevated dose of this will have a laxative effect. Some people are specifically sensitive to this effect from these minerals, but if you already are constipated due to opiates, a normal dose won't hurt.

I definitely recommend this product because it's affordable (a dose is 40 drops, and there are ~240+ doses to a 20 oz. bottle; some people won't need to use 40 drops).

An interesting fact, if you take klonopin with your opiates that should help. Apparently nitro benzo's make you go, now wonder I was always going number 2 like crazy on that shit haha.

When clean I take 2 full craps a day. When opiated I take 3 to 4 semi craps (popcorn) a day. A few times I've dried up completely and simply administered an enema which solved the solution problem. I just don't understand how people can let it get so bad that they need surgery. If you can't go for a day or two just fill your damn colon with water do some jumping jacks and let it all come flowing out.

Last edited:
I went to the doctor after not going for a week got prescribed amitiza and miralax. Shit worked well I shit within 6 hours.

Recently i had to deal with a very nasty back pain. I had so much lower back pain I could barely get out of bed without help. Doctors around here are usually reclucant about prescribing tramadol or opiods/opiates as long as you are not coping with something severe like a spinal disc herniation. On the worst day an emergency physician injected me with 100mg Tramadol and gave me a two blisters of 10 pills of 50 mg diclofenac each and two blisters of 10 pills of 400 mg ibuprofen each. Needless to say that neither the diclofenac nor the ibuprofen were improving my condition :(
I finally decided to order pain medcation from an online pharmacy. Within a week 100x 30mg Dihydrocodeine, 10x 50mg Tramadol and 10x 200mg Tramadol SR were delivered. The Tramadol tabs were very helpful but as my stock was limited i deceided to save them and switched to three 30mg DHC tabs a day. The pain was reduced considerably and i was able to get up in the morning (although i had to lay down every now an then), I think it's worked a lot. I stayed in bed for most the week and only got up to use the restroom or eat/drink something (= ~20h/day in bed). It didn't occurred to me that i hadn't taken a dump in days.

Today, after the dulling, burning pain in my back, significantly improved and i started walking around again, i felt like i had to take a dump. As it got more urgent i went to the restroom and tried my best - but nothing came out. It felt like my colon was completly filled, but no matter how hard i tried - nothing. That was the point when i became really anxious that the combination of the long time in bed and the side-effects of the DHC (both lowering the natural action of the bowels) led to something like a bowel obstruction.
I went out for a short walk, smoking a few cigarettes and shivering because what i read about bowel obstruction and how severe it can get (i'm a hypochondriac...i hate wikipedia ;) ). I was very worried and was pretty close to walking to the local ER.
FINALLY, after the walk (and with a few bursted blood vessels In eyes) i was able to get it out. The density und diameter of the result was pretty impressive. I've never seen something like this before.
This whole thing was a very frightening experience...i even prayed (i would call myself an atheist) %) "Please, i'll never take those pills again...help me!" ;-) Thank god it worked out in the end %)
Never again...never again DHC+days in bed...never again DHC? mmmmmmmmayyyyyybeeee :)

i have been using opana and or oxy every few days , binging, and it has been atleast 4 days since my last bowel movement my usual dose is anywhere from about 20-30 mgs of oxy and 10-20 of opana i am not w/d but i am experiencing a sharp chest pain in my chest on the right side, can i assume this to be related? thanks

Yes sharp chest or back pain can be a sign of constipation. It can also indicate other problems of course.

Opiate Constipation

before starting this post i have read the other threads on constipation and have tried most things with no luck.
i have been on methadone for quite sometime now and the constipation is getting worst + worst. in the past i have been able to get my hands on lactulose and it was the only thing that ever came close to working but now that i can no longer get ahold of any and from my understanding that it is required by RX only(in the USA), i was hoping that someone could help me out.. i have tried docusate sodium + 3x daily dose of a natural laxative called colon cleanse(it contains psyllium husk fiber).
any suggestions?

in the past i have been able to get my hands on lactulose and it was the only thing that ever came close to working but now that i can no longer get ahold of any and from my understanding that it is required by RX only(in the USA), i was hoping that someone could help me out.. i have tried docusate sodium + 3x daily dose of a natural laxative called colon cleanse(it contains psyllium husk fiber).
any suggestions?
I think docusate sodium is more of a mild stool softener as opposed to full laxative (builds up fluids in small intestine?). As for fiber once you have a full on impaction it won't help you any more as the tube is already clogged. You can try some lubricants based meds like mineral oil (or whatever it is called) which could help make things slippery, but if you are absolutely fully clogged I think your best bet is a long home full colonic enema which should void most of it and then you can watch your diet better and take more preventive measures. I've heard of people doing salt water flushes in this situation before, however if it didn't work as planned I dont' know where all that water would go :\

Good luck!

mackeral skin. lol.

being on 110mgs of deathadone a day is stopping me cold but the other day went for sushi and the chef gave me a few pieces of mackeral skin just to eat (very oily and fishy flavor, plus the vinegar and salt from being cured) and within 20mins i was running to the bathroom.

m guessing its form the natural oil in the skin, but it did wonders. or i will try and wait as long as i can to take my methadoner while drinking coffee and water, that usually works, esp if i havnt dropped a deuce in 4-5 days.

Rubber gloves lube and a couple fingers. That should help pull the plug. Then watch as your toilet bowl fills all the way up. Good times those opiates are!

FRUIT!!!! I swear by it.. Have some mangos and you will be moving

I'm on Methadone now and it constipates me like crazy. When I was doing heroin, I barely ate and wouldn't shit for 2+ weeks at a time. Seriously. Then when I would, it would feel like I was giving birth, I'd bleed and sit there and cry. Ouch.

Put more vegetables and certainly legumes into your diet. They are colon protective and help move things along. Try some green tea, as it has caffeine and stimulates that area.

Cut down on meats and dairy..

Most "green tea" is caffeine free Lipton makes one w/ caffeine but it is inferior, Best to go to a (tea) store or the natural
food sections in a supermarket

If you dont mind the taste of olive oil (go for the cold pressed extra virgin) Put a half cup in food proccesor with
3 rounded tablespoons of flaxseed, pulse blend 5-6 times drink ! (I found a pinch of salt & pepper makes it tast even better) good luck...

Funny how different opi's affect...The few months I was on 40 mg's of "MthDone' I didnt have a prob' w/ constipation, that was the only good thing about them..
bout 20 some years ago when I was pourin' CWE Vicoden down my piehole got backed up for a week, even doing psyllium & the sorts. Had insurance, went into the E.R. they
layed this 2ft.x3ft. thick rubber bag full of hot water over my abdomen/gut - 30 mins.
later I filled the commode half way up !! What a F'n relief !!! New Man.
That was then, I eat lots of fruit, flax, water/juice E.V.O.O. only have an occasional prob'
backin' up for a couple days.

Happened to me a couple weeks ago. It was like a 11-12 days. I ended up taking 3 doses of miralax over 3 days.

But.. I ate some shrooms, thought that was a mistake cause they always fuck with my stomach. Well, after 4 hours of excruciating stomach pain after trippng, I managed to take a shit and it was the best shit of my life.

tada!

eat frosted mini wheats regularly.

Thats one shitty halluciation...

That's gross, that's why I don't fuck with that, switch to coke, it makes me poop all the time almost instantaneously

Tell yer' dealer to throw in some extra mannitol in yer' "coke" so you can take even more (un)healthy shits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im on suboxone maintenance and had major problems that nearly forced me off maintenance. Till this nice doctor at the local ER prescribed me amitiza one bottle of 60 has kept me out of the ER for the last year. When I notice I havent been in a couple days I pop one and drink water then bam 12 hours later I pop out a nice heavy poo its amazing. all tyou guys on methadone and suboxone should talk to your doctor about it.

Edit
I wanted to add something. If you start taking stool bulking chems like metamucil you must up your water intake significantly. If you dont you will end up in a much worse situation due to large dry stools.

Last edited: