• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DEA seized enough fentanyl to kill every person in the U.S. in 2022

im glad to hear that they are doing a better job at stopping that shit from getting in. I honestly wish america did what Canada is doing with fent addicts

what is this?
this doesn't sound like americas fault but that countries are willingly shipping in a toxin that is killing Americans on purpose as if it were England and how they introduced poppies to the Chinese

Last edited:
I thought American George Marquardt first introduced illicit fentanyl to the US drug market in 1982?
first person caught synthesizing it on American soil(smart guy too bad he decided to use his brilliance for illegal activities.... sad)
BUT you think thats where it coming from now? No way
do you see it in Europe? Not really... here and there from what u read but not to the epidemic it is in the US.

No, you don't see it much in Europe... but then George Marquardt started a US trend, not a European trend, didn't he? It's not like it ever went away. Until 2010 most fentanyl on the US market was made in the US.

Europe just gets increasingly pure, increasingly cheap heroin from Afghanistan.

Some days ago I saw in the news how fucking USA will help my country to keep fent out of my country as such things need to, and can be done only on international level. Btw there NO fent here!

Anyone with a grain of salt can figure out what in fact that means. And that certainly doesn’t have to do anything to do with keeping fent out of my country.

USA can’t/wont do shit about fent in USA but will interfere in EU to stop it lol, fucking sad

Europe just gets increasingly pure, increasingly cheap heroin from Afghanistan.
yes you also don't have a lot of shit the US has. The drug market when I was there was crazy, you cant do drugs in America anymore, cause its all fent. I have friends that send me stories of people in NYC and LA or any real major city and they have cociane delivery services and just a couple weeks ago they killed 3 people because fent got into the blow. Its cool to see online what illicit labs look like but setting one up and using old metal kegs for your round bottoms is pretty crazy. Well Goerge was surprisingly released in 2015 but I think a person like that should have been locked away and the key thrown away. As I don't care about the drug sales etc but when you start helping people hurt and kill others, thats the line I draw with fellow scientists. If your a "scientist" and your helping murder people or helping arm people in any way, I personally find that to be the scum of the scum.
At 19, he stole lab equipment from the University of Wisconsin, where he worked as a researcher. At 20, he pleaded guilty to impersonating an official of the Atomic Energy Commission specializing in isotope development. In that guise, Marquardt had hoodwinked a Milwaukee college into accepting him as a lecturer in physics. "He should go on to college," a Wisconsin scientist told the Milwaukee Journal in 1965. "But he seems to be convinced that he's too smart."
How could he get a job working as a researcher without a high school degree? Also this guy is a scumbag, he was killing people and didn't care about it. provided survivalists in the Northwest with the key component of nerve gas.... this guy is true scum

Last edited:
Well it is my understanding that fentanyl IS a drug. Maybe it's becoming the only one, but I'm almost 100% certain that it IS a drug.

I also never mentioned George Marquardt in any positive manner. I'm actually keen to know what this 'key component' is. I know everything on the CWC list I & II precursor chemicals inventory and a lot of them actually used for many other purposes. SOCl2 is hard to obtain because it's on the lost... but it's also the standard reagent used to chlorinate primary and deactivated hydroxyl groups. So without know what it was, I can't judge.

He also claimed to have made AZT... but as I understand it, a key reagent is DEAD - and that's actually more of a hazard than fentanyl..... So I'm not sure how he would acquire it.

Last edited:
Does it really matter who first synthesized Fentanyl or what country they were from? Like all opioids it's provided sorely needed (no pun intended) pain relief to the terminally ill and those in very severe pain. It was made with good intentions.
I mean, Methadone was synthesized by the Nazi's.

Well methadone was first synthesized by Otto Eisleb at Hoechst before it came under control of the Nazi party, but I guess the John Houston quote applies 'if it's a choice between publishing the legend or the truth, print the legend'. I admit, it's activity was only proven after Nazi control.

But Eisleb turned up in another drug story. He discovered MPPP which wasn't covered under US law until the 1980s and whose poor production led to 'The Case of the Frozen Addicts'. He was still alive at the time and the researchers wanted to know if HE had suffered symptoms. But no, he was alive and well and in his 80s. A fascinating guy.

BTW for palliative care, we still use old-school diamorphine.

Well it is my understanding that fentanyl IS a drug. Maybe it's becoming the only one, but I'm almost 100% certain that it IS a drug.

I also never mentioned George Marquardt in any positive manner. I'm actually keen to know what this 'key component' is. I know everything on the CWC list I & II precursor chemicals inventory and a lot of them actually used for many other purposes. SOCl2 is hard to obtain because it's on the lost... but it's also the standard reagent used to chlorinate primary and deactivated hydroxyl groups. So without know what it was, I can't judge.

He also claimed to have made AZT... but as I understand it, a key reagent is DEAD - and that's actually more of a hazard than fentanyl..... So I'm not sure how he would acquire it.
either way, its very interesting story.

The Case of the Frozen Addicts
thats from an impurity correct that basically destroyed your dopamine receptors (D1 and D2)? is this the same thing when we were talking about different inhibiters and some being irreversible?

The impurity MPTP passes the BBB, is metabolised to MPP+ so it cannot cross back. It destroys the cells of the substantia nigra very selectively.

The impurity MPTP passes the BBB, is metabolised to MPP+ so it cannot cross back. It destroys the cells of the substantia nigra very selectively.
FUCK so the second it gets ionized throw whatever channel it enters the cell, it then just causes havoc.
for anyone who doesn't know as I didn't
The substantia nigra (SN) is a part of your brain that helps control your movements. It's part of the basal ganglia, a group of structures that form connections and circuits throughout your brain. The substantia nigra is important because of its role in your movements and how it influences your brain's chemistry.