• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DEA seized enough fentanyl to kill every person in the U.S. in 2022

Voila - a nice horror show for you all.

This was originally a BBC Horizon programme from 1988, Nova cut and had US English narrator.

BTW I don't think enough is known about etonitazene. ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2021, 12, 7, 1072–1092 mentions 'stiffness' in animal models. So that could be a sign of something similar BUT it might be a chronic exposure issue just as ketamine causes bladder damage. BUT if the Mexicans begin making it (which we see signs of), it might be the ONLY opioid on the market.

I did signpost a chiral derivative that is x4 more potent and so, I would expect (given what the substitution dose) it to be safeR but not safe. We WILL see an RC 'Thalidomide' or worse.

Last edited:
Its such a scare tactic when articles come out like this. You can go to farm and fleet and buy rat poison no questions asked, the general public has nothing to worry about and the law hates us drug users so why do they pretend to care about the fent problem, they want us to die.

Did you read the reference I provided?

Fentanyl has been used in surgery since the 1960s so it's really had extensive human trials before it even reached the street. But CIBA's own high-potency class (nitazines) have had no formal human trials. I do know the first clandestine manufacturer (chemist at Morton Thiokol called Thomas K. Highsmith) killed himself because the withdrawals were so severe. That's not statistically significant, but I think it's a reasonable warning. It's simply unknown exactly what he was going through.

Usually you want to keep your clients hooked, to be repeat customers. Not dead.

But the value of other's lives is so low, and the need for money so high, these cunts dgaf. Brave new world.

Please everyone be careful.

I wanted some yayo the other day and decided against it just because of everything happening.

They are still expanding their market. The nitazines are now turning up in the US so I'm pretty sure that it will, eventually, replace fentanyl and/or they will sell a mixture of the two.

I should add that their are still many other know scaffolds for super-potent opioids that do not appear to be in the public domain. I've PMed a few medicinal chemists here with the references to garner opinion, but the DEA is on to a loser here. The sheer number of precursors that would need to be controlled will be untenable.

Kids need to be educated with honest and accurate information. Simply locking adult users up for a while has terrible outcomes. It's of no benefit to anyone.

yes but if you take the route of manufacturing, you may never see the daylight in some countries and in Singapore..... well we know what happened to the guy caught with 2lb of weed.

I think its great but ONLY a trained graduate level med chemist should even attempt any of these synthesis. If an amateur chemist doesn't re-x or column his product correctly, the side products could kill him. Even residue on a rotovap from bumping the solution up (REAL ORGO Researchers KNOW) Bump me and ill bump you asshole, see how your NMR looks to your PI now dickhead MF
Maybe I spike your solvent with a little water for your gringard reaction..... I hate competitive schools

If you hadn't noticed, the CRUCIAL production step is usually carried out by 'cannon fodder'. I posted a PBS story on Mexican fentanyl production and the people adding the anhydride to the ANPP (or functional equivalent) did so in a remote field... with cows surrounding them!

Obviously someone telescopes the synthesis down on a very small scale and then doesn't touch the stuff ever again. Only mugs work on the production side. The drug discovery team at Upjohn received a far, far better package of remuneration that the chemical engineers who actually made the stuff in quantity.

Untrained techs at best that are done what there told with an AK at there head breathing in horrible fumes like the same ones when they make coke