thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

DEA’s most corrupt agent: Parties, sex amid ‘unwinnable war’

Jim Mustian, Joshua Goodman
AP
14 Nov 2022

Excerpts:
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — José Irizarry accepts that he’s known as the most corrupt agent in U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration history, admitting he “became another man” in conspiring with Colombian cartels to build a lavish lifestyle of expensive sports cars, Tiffany jewels and paramours around the world.

But as he used his final hours of freedom to tell his story to The Associated Press, Irizarry says he won’t go down for this alone, accusing some long-trusted DEA colleagues of joining him in skimming millions of dollars from drug money laundering stings to fund a decade’s worth of luxury overseas travel, fine dining, top seats at sporting events and frat house-style debauchery.

The way Irizarry tells it, dozens of other federal agents, prosecutors, informants and in some cases cartel smugglers themselves were all in on the three-continent joyride known as “Team America” that chose cities for money laundering pick-ups mostly for party purposes or to coincide with Real Madrid soccer or Rafael Nadal tennis matches. That included stops along the way in VIP rooms of Caribbean strip joints, Amsterdam’s red-light district and aboard a Colombian yacht that launched with plenty of booze and more than a dozen prostitutes.

“We had free access to do whatever we wanted,” the 48-year-old Irizarry told the AP in a series of interviews before beginning a 12-year federal prison sentence. “We would generate money pick-ups in places we wanted to go. And once we got there it was about drinking and girls.”
Every year, the DEA launders tens of millions of dollars on behalf of the world’s most-violent drug cartels through shell companies, a tactic touted in long-running overseas investigations such as Operation White Wash that resulted in more than 100 arrests and the seizure of more than $100 million and a ton of cocaine.

But the DEA has also faced criticism for allowing huge amounts of money in the operations to go unseized, enabling cartels to continue plying their trade, and for failing to tightly monitor and track the stings, making it difficult to evaluate results.

A 2020 Justice Department Inspector General’s report faulted the DEA for failing since at least 2006 to file annual reports to Congress about these stings, known as Attorney General Exempted Operations. That rebuke, coupled with the embarrassment brought on by Irizarry’s confession, prompted DEA Administrator Anne Milgram to order an outside review of the agency’s foreign operations, which is ongoing.

The DEA is run by Mormons or what man?
Actually yeah, many of the 3 letter agencies (FBI, CIA, DEA) actively and preferably recruit Mormons because they see them as easier to manage and less prone to corruption due to their "morals" and "simple lifestyle". Read something about that a few weeks ago.

Mormons supposely run some of Utahs MKULTRA troubled teen camps. Not a stretch considering Utah's history in this industry.

look what they have on the same street as Provo Canyon School

Last edited:
Mormons supposely run some of Utahs MKULTRA troubled teen camps. Not a stretch considering Utah's history in this industry.

look what they have on the same street as Provo Canyon School

I went to those Mormon run troubled teen programs in Utah for a whole year in 2006. Didn't get out until the day I turned 18. I have PTSD from it.

Both programs I went to were shut down for child abuse a couple years after I left. Most of them get shut down after operating for a few years, but then 2 more pop up because they make so much money they can afford to be sued.

Those programs are fucked. They used to do shit like cut off the girl's long hair as punishment for mildly bad behavior. I would only get one 10 min phone call per week, which was monitored. Felons in prison get more rights than that.......

I was so traumatized by them I absolutely refuse to go into another residential treatment for rehab. I'm currently in a PHP rehab (partial hospitalization program), but get to go home at night. I would not have gone otherwise due to the PTSD.

Last edited:
this has to stop

Dr. Phil, CBS seek attorney fees from 20-year-old who alleged assault at Utah ranch​

BY MEG JAMESSTAFF WRITER
OCT. 18, 2022 1:14 PM PT

Phil McGraw and CBS have asked a judge to award them more than $400,000 in legal costs for defending a lawsuit that claimed the broadcaster and famous TV doctor were negligent in the alleged sexual abuse of a teenager.

The case was dismissed in August.

A year ago, Hannah Archuleta, now 20, sued McGraw and CBS in Los Angeles County Superior Court, seeking unspecified damages for harm she said she allegedly suffered at a camp for troubled teens in Utah.

Hannah may have lost in Court, but she exposed Phil even more as a transparent psychopath.

Last edited:
Hannah may have lost in Court, but she exposed Phil even more as a transparent psychopath.
Sounds like Phil is ready for the US senate early. He isn't 80 yet but I'm sure our brain dead country will make an exception for TV celebrities like they always do

I went to those Mormon run troubled teen programs in Utah for a whole year in 2006. Didn't get out until the day I turned 18. I have PTSD from it.

Both programs I went to were shut down for child abuse a couple years after I left. Most of them get shut down after operating for a few years, but then 2 more pop up because they make so much money they can afford to be sued.

Those programs are fucked. They used to do shit like cut off the girl's long hair as punishment for mildly bad behavior. I would only get one 10 min phone call per week, which was monitored. Felons in prison get more rights than that.......

I was so traumatized by them I absolutely refuse to go into another residential treatment for rehab. I'm currently in a PHP rehab (partial hospitalization program), but get to go home at night. I would not have gone otherwise due to the PTSD.
cutting hair and ten minute phone calls gave you PTSD?

Exact same story with me, but it was a fucked up Scientology program called “Narconon” in Watsonville, California. It got shut down a couple years later because of a couple deaths. Goddamn cults. Hope you’re more at peace with it now.

Exact same story with me, but it was a fucked up Scientology program called “Narconon” in Watsonville, California. It got shut down a couple years later because of a couple deaths. Goddamn cults. Hope you’re more at peace with it now.
Holy shit!
I’ve heard of Narconon!
It was started in the 60’s and by the late 60’s/early 70’s even had major celebs advocating for it, so much so a movie was made with stars of the time featured as people working there and what not.
Apparently as time went on the culty-ness got worse and worse and obviously they got shut down.

When did you go? Cause they were apparently culty back in the 70’s.

Holy shit!
I’ve heard of Narconon!
It was started in the 60’s and by the late 60’s/early 70’s even had major celebs advocating for it, so much so a movie was made with stars of the time featured as people working there and what not.
Apparently as time went on the culty-ness got worse and worse and obviously they got shut down.

When did you go? Cause they were apparently culty back in the 70’s.
I was there in 2009. It was hellish. I distinctly remember “celebrating” my 20th bday there, so it must’ve been the tail end of 09, beginning of ‘10.

Last edited:
cutting hair and ten minute phone calls gave you PTSD
the post you quoted also has these programs being shut down for child abuse, and this abuse is a big reason the calls are monitored.

Last edited: