• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Day 1 of Hell

You are strong! You are brave. You are worth happiness! You WILL get through this and when you do remember this pain so you don’t go back! I’m praying for you right now

I could probably use a lot of prayer.

I could probably use a lot of prayer.
Give yourself more credit also, a lot of people stay in this life till they pass away. You don’t see it right now, but you are really really brave and your really smart for nipping this while you can. I’d relax and sleep as much as possible and do yourself a favor and get your most favorite foods on hand (if you can eat) and try to lean on eating right now If you need a vice. But if you don’t work out or anything don’t start too many radical life changes at once. Again! You’re so STRONG you got this! You will be in my prayers from now on!

Thank you. I'm not in a super supportive environment but I can't blame my family for being upset with me.

Thank you. I'm not in a super supportive environment but I can't blame my family for being upset with me.
Sometimes you don’t get what you should have, it’s easy to get on stuff and find it. I’ve learned life only gets hard when you try to quit and do the right thing. Please I beg of you, do not do a relationship with anyone romantically for at least a year and if your social circle (friends) doesn’t support you find new friends. It may be important when you get to a stable point to have a group therapy with your immediate family so everyone can talk in a calm manner and get you a support plan

Sometimes you don’t get what you should have, it’s easy to get on stuff and find it. I’ve learned life only gets hard when you try to quit and do the right thing. Please I beg of you, do not do a relationship with anyone romantically for at least a year and if your social circle (friends) doesn’t support you find new friends. It may be important when you get to a stable point to have a group therapy with your immediate family so everyone can talk in a calm manner and get you a support plan

I'm already in a relationship. We've been together for just over a year and he doesnt do drugs at all but understands what's going on and is one of the few people in my life who IS being really supportive.

Hey guys. I'm doing opiate detox at home for the first time with help from my mother who is a nurse. Any help to get through it would be so greatly appreciated. The minutes are ticking by like hours.
It's going to suck, you're going to be in hell a while. Wait for the good feelings to come back, or you can at least smile and laugh at the little things.

You will be OK <3

I'm already in a relationship. We've been together for just over a year and he doesnt do drugs at all but understands what's going on and is one of the few people in my life who IS being really supportive.
Ok as long as they aren’t on drugs and support you that’s an exception but once you get able to and feel better try to see if you can at least get a support plan that you and your family can follow

And someone that will fight you if you go back to your old ways is good, I’d help with that but I’m a bitch and you would probably kick the shit out of me.

having someone that cares about you is huge.

an added obstacle for many of us right now.

I am fortunate to have a lot of people that care about me. Hes probably the only one that isn't angry at me right now.

Hey... good news is by the time one is done re-reading through this thread one will have passed the worst of it and should be seeing a small amount of hope and maybe some motivation to get a few things done.
Opiate withdrawal does suck but it is relatively short lived and more forgiving than some other substances. Be happy that this is not a thread dealing with benzos as that can be hellacious. However... something tells me one has been through this as well?
You have this just keep pushing forward and soon will be over it physically but the mental part may be the hardest to deal with over time.
It will work out to your benifit and by proxy the world. Looking forward to your day of freedom.
Ptah

Yeah. Smiling is hard right now. I managed to sleep last night and today is my sons birthday so I know my mom will help get me through today but tomorrows gonna be when it starts to get really really shitty.

The scariest thing to me about withdrawal isn't that it sucks. I can deal with pain. I can deal with anguish. What is scary to me is one never knows HOW LONG and HOW SEVERE it will be as it is different every time. Add to that that time slows way the fuck down and it just feels like an eternity. I've never been through benzos withdrawal. No. I've never really liked benzos unless I couldn't sleep.

I randomly found some seroquel. Do you guys think that helps?

Ok. Actually, the past few nights I've slept ok and even took a nap today because I had a small amount of weed. I dont have any more unfortunately.

Oh! If you are sleeping well it’s pretty much over. How long since your final dose?