• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Davids Ritalin/Dexamphetamine Q&A thread

Having not tried Dex i can't compare
but Methylphenidate is very nice to lye in bed with in the evenings, after having melted 3-4 mp10 tabs under my tongue, the warm, secure, cozy headed, feeling is reminiscent of being tucked into a freshly made bed by mum when i was 8, and its raining outside, while thinking about going somewhere exciting tomorrow.

warm, secure, comforting, tingly, feeling yummy

Cocaine shares many similarities with Methylphenidate, in that they are both powerfull Dopamine reuptake inhibators.

When Cocaine is taken with Alcohol it forms a new drug Cocathylene. I wonder if Ritalin with Alcohol forms a new drug which like Cocaine+Alcohol greatly enhances its effects?

Not sure davids, but I have had moments on ritalin when I have felt 'coked' up from it.

rm1x
Snorting- both?

How did Cocaine and Methylphenidate compare? differences?

Any New Zealanders perscribed Dexamphetamine? was it difficult?

Dosages?

Well - dexies are on the PBS, Ritalin isn't. So my guess is dex. I've come across dex a number of times, originally prescribed for both ADHD and narcolepsy. I've never come across Ritalin - so I guess my personal experience backs up my educated guess.

Why do you want to know?

Here it's the opposite (NZ) Ritalin is used far more often, for ONLY the 2 mentioned purposes, I was scripted (monthly) 240 tabs 2 weeks ago, but head Dextroamphetamine Sulphate is better.

Whats yr experience been like?

Thanks

I've had dexies a handful of times for recreational purposes only. Nice & clean - good euphoria, minimal come-down. No idea what they are like when taken regularly, and/or for a diagnosed condition. I haven't had ritalin so I can't compare the 2. Maybe if you post this on Other Drugs, and define what you mean by "better"....?

What dose Dex did you do? orally? Experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I am a drug pussy. I can get at least a little rush off even 5mg dex. I've only ever swallowed it - works fine. I don't think I've ever had more than 4x5mg in one night - spaced out over a few hours too. I don't think using ritalin would give you any cross-tolerance to dex (comments anyone?) due to different mechanisms of action. For me, dexamphetamine causes euphoria, stimulation, sociability, talkativeness - but I can't offer any comparison to Ritalin. I wouldn't be expecting any huge benefit from switching one to the other - but you might get a more acceptable set of side effects :\

I gotta see my PsyDoc and try the damn stuff for my ADD/HD,dounds like what everyone says. Ritalin causes anti-socialness, quietness, introversion-damn.
I'm gona get my scrpt changed to an Amphetamine, after all he said i could try both. Dextroamphetamine sounds, and looks, especiallt toes 15mg Spansules (HAHA) so much finer

Dex actions:

psychostimulant:
NE release +++
DA release ++
DA reuptake inhibition +
NE reuptake inhibition +

Ritalin actions:

psychostimulant:
DA reuptake inhibition
NE reuptake inhibition
NE release

Also Dex causes Serotonin action at higher doses-look at thoes actions-Dex looks far superior.

Dexamphetamine blocks NMDA glutamate receptors, so that effects the drug experience. Ketamine, PCP, methadone, and alcohol also block NMDA receptors to various degrees. The more a drug blocks NMDA receptors, the less your tolerance will go up.

from what i have read dexamphetamine releases about 3-4 times more noradrenaline than dopamine, where as Ritalin inhibits the re-uptake of dopamine and noradrenaine about the same amount.

So if you have low-noradrenaline (like me), then dexamphetamine is the one for you.

Ritalin half life is about 2-3 hours, where as dexamp is about 5-6 hours on average.

I know i have made a meal out of Rit Vs Dex, i may see a PsyDoc this and get my script changed, so i will know about Dex and indeed Amphetamines, for my condition-i'm sorry if i'v longed this thread.

I'll let you know how Dextroamphetamine alters? my condition.

Thanks Ya'll

Is Dexamphetamine (Dextroamphetamine-better than Ritalin-yes or no?

Thanks

havent you asked this question a hundred times already ?

yer i guess i have, unless you can't tell. i'm pretty lost and want some HELP-you know?

I can see a PsyDoc nxt week and see what he says, but from what i'v read Dex is less anti-social and has less homebound effects.

I'm at a loss-i guess i need help-thats all-ok?

OK?

David please keep it all in the same thread theres no need to keep asking the same question over and over again, no more warnings.

Merged.....again 8)