• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dark urine despite drinking lots of water...

lecroute

Bluelighter
I drink lots of liquids,.always have, and normally my urine is quite clear. Even the first morning piss.
For a week or so it's been dark yellow,.like after a night at a brewery. I haven't changed my drinking or eating habits. Nompain or discomfort in the body parts involved.
Why might my urine be so dark all of a sudden?

Maybe you have a bladder or kidney infection. Get some milk thistle that always keeps me pissing on the clearer side.

Just how much water do you drink? Do you take any vitamins or supplements?

Just how much water do you drink? Do you take any vitamins or supplements?
About 2-3 liters of water, incluiding what I use to dilute the occasional juice or soda. Not including coffee or tea.
No supplements or vitamins.
What I did, though is change my diet just a little because I can't do much without the robo pot that was stolen. But homemade pizza with lots of veggies and the other usual stuff I eat shouldn't make that much difference?

My new robo pot is due to arrive tomorrow!!

No pain.
A little more exercise, yes. But not every day and not too much more.
Definitely not going to make a doctor's appointment for THIS (I have to be dying to go to a doctor).

Has your urine frequency changed?
Good question. It has, though not dramatically. Like if I had to go every two hours or so before it's now every three.

I also have some increased appetite for sugary stuff lately. It's something that came almost over night. Last week Thursday or Friday. Only things that changed since then are
1. I bought veggies from the super and not the market
2. Been eating grapes and apricots from the yard
3. I took a week off work (first in about 1.5 years)
4. Been going places a lot, which I didn't do much for several years before because of the aftermaths of COVID and personal issues.

Perhaps it's a combination of all that.
My mom said she experienced something similar once when she was "prescribed" a purification diet after her mastectomy.

I don't have any pains or discomforts, and I'm actually feeling better than what I did for months.
The urine doesn't have a strong or bad smell, either.
Maybe it's a good thing and I'm just worrying for nothing.

Last edited:
I'm no medical professional, but I might go see a doctor. Could be a problem with your liver or kidneys.

How much sodium is in your diet?
Liver/kidney problems are what's worrying me. Some three weeks ago I had autoimmune problems and had to take Prednisone for the first time in like two years. My ibuprofen intake did also go up from about one every 8-12 weeks to 2 per day for a week.
Sodium... That's about the same amount I always take. Or maybe I'm not aware of any change because I'm eating the same stuff I did until three weeks ago, only prepared differently.
Mmm ... Now that I come to think of it.
Cooked/Sauteed veggies will contain more water than veggies baked on top of a pizza.wkyh no sauce, right? Could one meal ler day make that difference, piss-wise?

Are you on any meds or drugs? What’s a robo pot?

I had to take Prednisone and ibuprofen for an autoimmune relayed issue. Other than that I only take Clonazepam infrequently and in different doses. Same goes for modafinil (which I haven't taken in like three weeks). But neither of the clona nor the modafinil ever changed the color of my urine.

RoboPot = one those electric looking devices where you put in the ingredients, set a program and, the thing does the cooking for you. Prevents you from setting the house on fire or create modern art along the lines of "inseparable pot and pasta, black".

A friend just told me he experienced the same.ohenomon.a few months back, and it turned out he had a kidney stone. His doc recommended to drink lots of water, beer, and pineapple juice. He said it hurt like hell when the stones finally came out, with traces of blood. But he's a baby when it comes to pain (a soldier, go figure!)

Maybe it's just that, so I will try the beer/juice therapy. See what happens.

I had to take Prednisone and ibuprofen for an autoimmune relayed issue. Other than that I only take Clonazepam infrequently and in different doses. Same goes for modafinil (which I haven't taken in like three weeks). But neither of the clona nor the modafinil ever changed the color of my urine.

RoboPot = one those electric looking devices where you put in the ingredients, set a program and, the thing does the cooking for you. Prevents you from setting the house on fire or create modern art along the lines of "inseparable pot and pasta, black".

A friend just told me he experienced the same.ohenomon.a few months back, and it turned out he had a kidney stone. His doc recommended to drink lots of water, beer, and pineapple juice. He said it hurt like hell when the stones finally came out, with traces of blood. But he's a baby when it comes to pain (a soldier, go figure!)
That shouldn’t cause dark urine. Keep us updated! I hope it’s not a kidney stone.

No pain.
A little more exercise, yes. But not every day and not too much more.
Definitely not going to make a doctor's appointment for THIS (I have to be dying to go to a doctor).
As in, any friends or acquaintances who work in healthcare?