• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dark times! Kicking Suboxone cold turkey

Hi, I hope you are all doing well. So if worse comes to worse, there is always kratom powder, or capsules. I have a long opiate hx, as well as suboxone. After the past year on perscibed sub's I decided this relationship wasent beneficial to me anymore. I got down to 1 mg then jumped. Bad Idea!!! If you can get lower do it. In my case I couldn't seem to do it. I did some research and purchased "Bali" Kratom at my local head shop (90$) it is to my understanding red vein. I have been off subs for 4 days and I can function. I am in no way 100% but I can manage. From my understanding is the point is to take the worst of the symptoms away, but not get high. I have found at 5ft10in and 120lbs 6 grams of the powder does me justice for about 4 hrs. Just enough to calm my body and do my job. I couldn't stomach the powder (really nasty) so I went to multiple pharmacies and found 1 that would sell me 00 gel capsules. The 00 is important its the largest capsule and fits almost a whole gram. The down side of this is I have read mixed reviews on how well this works, as well as substituting one for another. If y'all are interested in my progress or how well this worked for me. I'll post something in a few days. My goal is to jump off the powder on day 7 no sub's and see how it goes. Also I'm keeping positive. I am a strong woman who has been trough worse and I'll be better in the end for it. Take back control of your life. Don't live around others schedules and don't depend on the doctor to always know what's best for you. You know yourself and where your at. #%@k this $h!+. :)

Well im 6ft2 220 so id probably need more. I hear alot of people do that and win but I hear them not working with their body as well. I got a new bunavial connect today so I know I can wing myself down like to a quarter or so every other night as long as the extreme withdrawal is away I'll be ok.

Well im 6ft2 220 so id probably need more. I hear alot of people do that and win but I hear them not working with their body as well. I got a new bunavial connect today so I know I can wing myself down like to a quarter or so every other night as long as the extreme withdrawal is away I'll be ok.
Kratom withdrawals from what I've read everywhere are often much worse then opiate withdrawals.

Personally I think you're doing exactly what you should be doing as long as you have access. Weaning yourself to me is always the best route if it's a possibility. Sure, you'll still be a little sick but not as bad.

You're going to succeed, Justin....I can just feel it;)

Good morning guys. Glad you found a connection to bunvinail. I'm not that fortunate. Notsopretty, thanks for the tip. I have read kratom can be addictive, but as for the withdrawals most blogs I've read suggest not staying on it long enough for physical dependance. I will use caution. Last night was mostly OK. I did sleep in short periods. Good luck Justin.

Personally I think you're doing exactly what you should be doing as long as you have access. Weaning yourself to me is always the best route if it's a possibility. Sure, you'll still be a little sick but not as bad.

You're going to succeed, Justin....I can just feel it;)

Thank you!! As of now I do but I'm buying them on the street so hopefully they continue to get them I should be somewhat ok. Let's hope ???

Good morning guys. Glad you found a connection to bunvinail. I'm not that fortunate. Notsopretty, thanks for the tip. I have read kratom can be addictive, but as for the withdrawals most blogs I've read suggest not staying on it long enough for physical dependance. I will use caution. Last night was mostly OK. I did sleep in short periods. Good luck Justin.

Thanks Elchast! If there's anything I can do to help let me know. I know how hard this is and nobody should do it alone.

A little info on kratom someone that used it and quit it:

1.)The withdrawals are nowhere near as bad as any opiate withdrawal. The secret is to not take heroic doses.
2.) Do not waste your time with capsules. Make tea. Mitragyine does not get damaged by heat. Boil 2 liters of water and add 50g of bulk powder. cook it for about ten minutes stirring regularly. Place in either a glass pitcher or a plastic pitcher. Put in fridge till it seperates. You will see a murky water on top, and all the powder settled to the bottom. Pour yourself a small amount...like maybe a half a coffee cup. Wait twenty minutes see how that does you and if you need to dose a little more.

Good on you both for quitting subs. That was a very hard time in my life. I was completely emotionless and all I did was work because I couldn't think of anything better to do with myself. How bout dating? Naw...to little libido to want to do it. lol.

All comfort meds and compounds aside, the best thing you can have to quit suboxone is a decent life. The reason suboxone is good for addicts is because it creates stability. It is a time to get your life in order. If your life is shit and you don't have a support network you will go back to using very quickly.

Three things that will help longterm after the withdrawals are over.
1. support network of people that are invested in you in a healthy manner.
2. a positive attitude that if you put in hard work things will get better.
3. a healthy routine in which you regularly do something you enjoy.

Kratom short term may help (I don't know)....I was referring to people who trade their original drug of choice to Kratom and use it long term.

I, myself, was shocked when 2 people wrote on my threads about how very, very ill they became after stopping useage. One person went from long term opiate and opiod abuse to Kratom and said that they felt the withdrawal was much worse. The other person said that she did the same and the mental withdrawal was horrific. Yet no two people are alike.

I did tons of research on Kratom because I was considering it. But I'll opt out after all I read.

But as with anything, if someone can just do it once or twice a week and feel good, that's great, I guess. I just see that it's very "likeable" and would end up being an example of trading one drug for another.

@manboychef, I love your; "Three things that will help longterm after the withdrawals are over":)

JUSTIN?????!!!!!!.....I miss you:)! I KNOW it's tough but if you're able to, please just throw in a simple "hello, I'm not feeling well" yet I understand if that's something you don't feel you're able to do at the moment. I hope you can soon though, my friend <3. Much love, hope, happiness and prayers for recovery coming your way,
Bernadette<3

JUSTIN?????!!!!!!.....I miss you:)! I KNOW it's tough but if you're able to, please just throw in a simple "hello, I'm not feeling well" yet I understand if that's something you don't feel you're able to do at the moment. I hope you can soon though, my friend <3. Much love, hope, happiness and prayers for recovery coming your way,
Bernadette<3

I lost my bunavial connect within like a day or two so now I'm I've just been sick like a dog! I'm making It , I got some ice last week (actually helped but coming off I wanted to kill someone) but yea thats about it. Sorry I haven't been on didnt think anyone would notice. Thanks Pink you rock! ??

A little info on kratom someone that used it and quit it:

1.)The withdrawals are nowhere near as bad as any opiate withdrawal. The secret is to not take heroic doses.
2.) Do not waste your time with capsules. Make tea. Mitragyine does not get damaged by heat. Boil 2 liters of water and add 50g of bulk powder. cook it for about ten minutes stirring regularly. Place in either a glass pitcher or a plastic pitcher. Put in fridge till it seperates. You will see a murky water on top, and all the powder settled to the bottom. Pour yourself a small amount...like maybe a half a coffee cup. Wait twenty minutes see how that does you and if you need to dose a little more.

Good on you both for quitting subs. That was a very hard time in my life. I was completely emotionless and all I did was work because I couldn't think of anything better to do with myself. How bout dating? Naw...to little libido to want to do it. lol.

All comfort meds and compounds aside, the best thing you can have to quit suboxone is a decent life. The reason suboxone is good for addicts is because it creates stability. It is a time to get your life in order. If your life is shit and you don't have a support network you will go back to using very quickly.

Three things that will help longterm after the withdrawals are over.
1. support network of people that are invested in you in a healthy manner.
2. a positive attitude that if you put in hard work things will get better.
3. a healthy routine in which you regularly do something you enjoy.

People , places and things are all triggers, gotta stay awY from the pressure.

Just curious on how you are doing. I just jumped from 8mg subs after 3 years. It's been a little over 2 weeks and I'm starting to feel like a person again. Finally slept last night after taking magnesium (can't fucking believe that worked) and slept about 4 hours, woke up, took more, right back to sleep after an hour.

The sleeplessness is by far the worst part. I've played this game many a time and it's always that or the cravings that killed me. This time around though, mentally I think I was done sailing through the opiate seas as the waters can be beautiful but I was drowning in the storms... ( what!?! Mental acuity has returned enough to make clever euphemisms?!?) It was just no longer worth it.

It's probably the biggest personal battle I've dealt with. But one thing has become clear at this point. The only thing different this time isn't so much the fact that I'm tired from the withdrawls and chronic stress of maintaining my subs, its that I truly just want to be... errmmm... normal I guess. I miss the fun loving happy exciting person I used to be.

So I guess this explains why I am dedicated this time around.

I will say though that I have royaly fucked my sewer pipes over the past 2 weeks. Been maintaining my bowels with immodium and I think I turned them into a cement factory as nothing will drain in my house. Tried snaking the lines last night and hit what felt like a dead animal in the line. Couldn't clear it... So plumber shall be called today I suppose.

Anyways, hopefully you are still going strong. It's a rough ride I know but it gets better for sure.

~MisterNotSoClean~

You'll get back to that life loving person you so wish to become is only you keep up the hard work. It is so frustrating for me because there is no reason anything like methadone or Suboxone needs to have such a hard time struggling to come off ORT, yet just as often as not people end up suffering needlessly because they either do not understand what they are doing when they attempt to come off, their doctors don't have a clue or they are forced into situations of enforced abstinence like coercive treatment settings, incarcerated or placed under the control of small minded arbiters of criminal justice system like probation officers.

How you doing man? Imo your in for a world of hurt but you can get through it. Im pretty sure u just need to sweat it out, its gonna take a while. What r your options tho right? Also be careful doing shit like cutting the grass when sick. Other day all i could muster was throwi g some noodles on the stove and in my daze i reached for thr pot without an oven mit and dropped a boiling pot of water on my foot. This was on day 3 :/ be careful bro. If u cant get nething surrender and b sick.

Just curious on how you are doing. I just jumped from 8mg subs after 3 years. It's been a little over 2 weeks and I'm starting to feel like a person again. Finally slept last night after taking magnesium (can't fucking believe that worked) and slept about 4 hours, woke up, took more, right back to sleep after an hour.

The sleeplessness is by far the worst part. I've played this game many a time and it's always that or the cravings that killed me. This time around though, mentally I think I was done sailing through the opiate seas as the waters can be beautiful but I was drowning in the storms... ( what!?! Mental acuity has returned enough to make clever euphemisms?!?) It was just no longer worth it.

It's probably the biggest personal battle I've dealt with. But one thing has become clear at this point. The only thing different this time isn't so much the fact that I'm tired from the withdrawls and chronic stress of maintaining my subs, its that I truly just want to be... errmmm... normal I guess. I miss the fun loving happy exciting person I used to be.

So I guess this explains why I am dedicated this time around.

I will say though that I have royaly fucked my sewer pipes over the past 2 weeks. Been maintaining my bowels with immodium and I think I turned them into a cement factory as nothing will drain in my house. Tried snaking the lines last night and hit what felt like a dead animal in the line. Couldn't clear it... So plumber shall be called today I suppose.

Anyways, hopefully you are still going strong. It's a rough ride I know but it gets better for sure.

~MisterNotSoClean~

Hey, just seen this sorry I take longer to respond i have a cheap phone because I threw my new one in the Tennessee River last week lol.

Sleep was probably the worse if not closest to the worse. My problem is I will go 5-7 days taking nothing so I'm up 24 hours a day, not eating, hardly drinking anything (I know it's not healthy) I cant help it. So when I finally give in and take a piece I get really sick, not from the bupe but from what your body goes through when it's up with no food and water. That and the feeling that I have bugs crawling all over my body, I can't sit still it's horrible. I'm down to about a half of bunavial a week but it seems like I get the same scale withdrawal and I do not know why. I guess because it stays in your system so long. It does get better after a month so your on the track so PLEASE stay strong! I'll help anyway I can to help you get through it. Although I am away from the heroin I'm far from being safe but happy to be alive.

How you doing man? Imo your in for a world of hurt but you can get through it. Im pretty sure u just need to sweat it out, its gonna take a while. What r your options tho right? Also be careful doing shit like cutting the grass when sick. Other day all i could muster was throwi g some noodles on the stove and in my daze i reached for thr pot without an oven mit and dropped a boiling pot of water on my foot. This was on day 3 :/ be careful bro. If u cant get nething surrender and b sick.
my

Sorry but I laughed out loud about the pot ordeal because I can see my goofy ass doing the same thing lol. I do get it , it's almost impossible to do anything. I have 1/2 of a bunavial left so after that it's back to the fuck it stage and I'm going to try harder to get through this. Every day you think tomorrow can't get worse and it does! I don't care what anyone says it's a disease and a bitch to kick. Alive though so could be worse right?

You'll get back to that life loving person you so wish to become is only you keep up the hard work. It is so frustrating for me because there is no reason anything like methadone or Suboxone needs to have such a hard time struggling to come off ORT, yet just as often as not people end up suffering needlessly because they either do not understand what they are doing when they attempt to come off, their doctors don't have a clue or they are forced into situations of enforced abstinence like coercive treatment settings, incarcerated or placed under the control of small minded arbiters of criminal justice system like probation officers.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'd rather kick heroin than a long time methadone kick. Yet maybe I just forget how bad the heroin had me I don't remember Lol.

Stay strong man we are all in this together

What Part of TN? I know when I was in your situation in the tri cities and I couldnt cop Id drive to the Bristol, VA catch22 and get Kratom.

What part of TN are you in? I go to a clinic on the borderline of TN and NC and a lot of TN people go there...they are sooo nice and very helpful. Kind of expensive though, depending if you want methadone or subutex. <snip> for 1 (8mg) pill or less <snip> for around 2 (10mg-16mg) and <snip> for 3 pills. Methadone is <snip> a day I think. but the people are very nice and you can tell they genuinely care about you. If you can piss clean after you start going you can get take homes (most people <snip> in order to continuing paying for their treatment. But I was always too scared to lol)

Last edited by a moderator: