• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dark net marketplace Silk Road 'back online'

The only problem these days is mining, even in pools. In july I acquired 2 radeons 7850 (they go at 345mh/s each) and it took me 2 months then to get 0,5 btc. The difficulty was raised a little after the SR bust, I've been an observing member of a couple other stores like SR that existed before it went down. One of them went down because, well I'm not sure anymore it's been a while but a place called, let's say where the merchants operate in the dark, heh, went down because he was fucked by the place where the owner rented the VPS where that site was.

So for a while only one was left and I mean. Who wants to pay 1,75btc for 30 .25 triazolams ?

SR if safe, being truely back isn't helping the common man who doesn't want to deal with "real" dealers, buying btc's is retarded right now, I was considering but then the 2 places doing it except mt.gox closed and btc went from 127 to 240 or whatever price they are now, this is in causation of the difficulty of mining them,even in pool, with powerful mining hardware has become useless. Only people who caught on early are having a blast, I knew of btc before, but I had a "great" nvidia card, problem is nvidia cards really fucking suck for mining.

I'm thinking of buying a bunch of block eruptors, there's some on ebay not that expensive and they run at the same speed as my video cards.

Atlantis, if I didn't consider it an honeypot and never visited it worked with the newer litecoin, somebody else is gonna have to be trading in them, btc is becoming an exclusive niche place where your only way to be part of it is having some special gear with 5 video cards and water cooling.

Yeah I found out the same thing re: nVidia cards being pretty much useless for mining.

I think BitCoin is going to implode soon. That bubble is going to have to burst some time. As it gets more and more difficult to deal in BTC, the market is going to bottom out. Its currently trading between 350 and 400 USD per BTC.

^wow that is insane...totally makes me wish i could have bought a ton of them back when they were just created. ive bought stuff from ppl before but never from sr, one thing i cant wrap my head around is ordering a gun...sure there are ways to do it, but are you not going to see the outline of a pistol frame in a broken xbox through xray? pretty sure it would be clear as day. plus thats a confirmed controlled delivery. plus that guy who offers to off ppl for money, thats pretty funny.

^ Yeah when I first discovered hidden services, BTC were like 20 bucks a piece and I thought THAT was expensive. What an idiot I was!

I've never bought or used any BTC. The whole thing just seemed like more trouble than it was worth to me. And yeah I don't know how the hell people would get away with guns nor do I want to know haha.

The darkest corner of the internet: Murky online market selling everything from hard drugs to fake passports is back up and running just WEEKS after it was shut down in massive FBI bust

Silk Road 2.0 can only be accessed through a modified internet browser

Sells items such as cocaine, ecstasy, fake utility bills and driving licences

Website uses encrypted digital currency 'bitcoins' for trading illegal goods

Closed on October 2 by the FBI who arrested alleged owner Ross Ublricht

But website reopens with a message on its homepage of: 'We rise again'

An illegal online market selling hard drugs and fake passports has reopened just six weeks after being shut down by the FBI, it can be revealed today.
Silk Road 2.0 - which can only be accessed through a modified internet browser - sells items such as cocaine, ecstasy, fake utility bills and driving licences using the encrypted digital currency ‘bitcoins’.
The original website, Silk Road, was closed on October 2 by the FBI, who charged Ross Ublricht, 29, known as ‘Dread Pirate Roberts’, in San Francisco with running the site - which he has denied.

Anyone can then access the website by creating a profile - not linked to an email account - and are greeted by a note from its new operator, also called Dread Pirate Roberts.
Part of the message says: ‘It took the FBI two and a half years to do what they did. Divide, conquer and eliminate was their strategy… but four weeks of temporary silence is all they got.
‘And as our resilient community bounces back even stronger than ever before, never forget that they can only ever seize assets - they can never arrest our spirit, our ideas or our passion, unless we let them. We will not let them.’
The message - on the homepage of Silk Road 2.0 - adds that it has ‘implemented a complete security overhaul’ which ‘marks the dawn of a brand new era for hidden services’.

With a load of screenshots and comments -

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rugs-fake-passports-online.html#ixzz2kSsvMm4p

I just lol'd, just by reading the headline to ^ that article I knew it was the Daily Mail, its the words in CAPS that always get me, its so sensationalist its hilarious.

This is why 'Bitcoins' should be banned instantly - Mark Terry, London, United Kingdom,

Thanks for the thoughtful input Mark, from London.

I think most of the journalists just read other websites, grab a load of stock images, write about what they think... cause some shit and submit it. Hilarious newspaper.

The darkest corner of the internet

^ The darkest places on the net would be those pedophile rings me thinks.

Either way, yeah, I wish I would have bought up BitCoin when they were 20 bucks or so... Its absolutely ridiculous now. The market is so volatile though... I mean people are constantly having to reprice their products because the bitcoin exchange rate fluctuates so much. I saw some things that should go for 40 bucks set at 80 bucks because they were a few days old. X_X

I never had the balls to order from TFM or SR though. I got some quasi-legal shit from NAM back when that was around but that's it.

Im not sure where you would see that be the case if you mean any of the bigger dark markets right now. All of them I have ever been on have the price set to a dollar amount and the price in BTCs fluctuates up and down with the price of BTCs....thats odd.

I personally just have a bad feeling about the new "SR". I have heard also that there has been so much internal bickering between staff and such that it is pretty shaky right now....though I dont know for sure. What I do know is that I would be a little worried about how much the new DPR is taunting the government..personally I will stay far away from SR and watch to see if it self detonates or what...I just dont see it coming to a good end.

Black Flag was supposed to be the new SR and look what happened there....the admin posted his little goodbye saying that the whole purpose of the site from the beginning was to screw everyone as he ran away with all the BTCs laughing his ass off at all.

Everyone keeps talking about being so excited about the new SR but there are a few other sites that though not as large, have been around almost as long and are still going strong (without all of the drama).

Is it possible that the new DPR was already running the show and decided to get rid of the old DPR because he was a weak link? Could this be a coup? The new DPR obviously had to be someone essential to the old one, how else would he be able to gain the trust of the SR staff. Perhaps getting rid of the old DPR and getting the site shutdown was on purpose. Perhaps they needed this to go down to give them an opportunity to clean house... a purge, if you will.

Have you guys had good experiences with this? I was so close to ordering but didn't do it. Utah sucks on the streets so I don't try now. Vendors in the US shipping to the US with good feedback should be pretty good right?

If it were me I wouldn't chance it. It could be a honey pot.

Question: How will I know if it's an elaborate sting operation?

Answer: You won't.

Question: What do you mean?

Answer: Hey bro, are you a fucktard or what? Look, just forget it. You have no idea and I don't have the time to discuss it. See ya later. [hangs up the phone]

Answer: Hey bro, are you a fucktard or what? Look, just forget it. You have no idea and I don't have the time to discuss it. See ya later. [hangs up the phone]

That's what I am thinking not worth it. Guess I will keep trying to look an look an look for something around town.

Probably similar to what they call a "Turkey Shoot" when hunters scare a group of turkeys away they sit at that spot in camo and wait for them all to return.

Seems the physical "meet" is effective and consistent, and more difficult to trace than digital drug shopping. Both are risky but then so is crossing the street. Drugs via the web and then the mail system takes too much time, has paper trails, and more people involved in your shit. The current rage with the Dark Web is seen as romantic, popular and easy, another tool promoting impulsive human nature. Adults will find a way to satisfy their urges, supply and demand will keep snitches busy for years. I only hope the next generation will be rational and reasonable in their approach to national drug policy.

It's the same on the streets, man. You don't know if your dude is some snitch who got popped the night before & is ratting to get charges dropped. Nine times out of ten, everything's going to be copacetic. But all it takes is that ONE time. Whether it's on the internet or on the streets man...

It's the same on the streets, man. You don't know if your dude is some snitch who got popped the night before & is ratting to get charges dropped. Nine times out of ten, everything's going to be copacetic. But all it takes is that ONE time. Whether it's on the internet or on the streets man...

While this is true, there are additional penalties for crossing state lines, using the postal service, and especially importing an illegal substance that make it even worse for ordering things online.