Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Dark And Fucked Up Movies

Natural Born Killers is pretty fucked up. Really like the story even if I'm not crazy about how it was directed.

The darkest and most fucked up movie I've ever seen is without question requiem for a dream.

I've seen lots of dark fucked up movies, like other ones people have mentioned like clockwork orange, battle royale or trainspotting. But they have nothing on requiem for a dream.

Requiem for a dream is a movie so intense I can't watch it more than once every year or so. And I feel sick all day after I finish it. That's not a criticism. It's an amazing movie. But it's an amazing depression fest.

Everything about it is hard to watch, even the soundtrack is hard to listen to by the end of the movie.

To me it's pretty much the emotion of despair, turned into a movie. Nothing else IMO comes close.

Natural Born Killers is pretty fucked up. Really like the story even if I'm not crazy about how it was directed.

Yeah, that's a good one.

The scene that really struck a chord in me is when they had the big fight in her families house.

The darkest and most fucked up movie I've ever seen is without question requiem for a dream.

One of my favorites. The last couple minutes when they flash between the old lady, her grandson and his girl friend is pretty intense.

I watched Requiem for a Dream on the recommendation of some of the posts and it was indeed a powerful experience.

I watched Requiem for a Dream on the recommendation of some of the posts and it was indeed a powerful experience.

I need to re-read this thread and get some ideas of some I haven't seen - I love intense movies esp. psychological thrillers.

I personally felt bad the most for Jared Letto's girl friend. They wanted a nice art studio (if I remember correctly) and a nice happy white picket fence, but man she got taken advantage of. I'm curious WR, which part got you the most emotional? If you don't mind I ask.

There wasn't a single part, Madness. It was the way the story was told, the camerawork, lighting and post production work were very strong and as important as any of the four major characters and their individual story arcs. The sum of all these parts treat all the characters as the same, to the point where the montages, etc. started to bleed from one character to another. There was even a sequence where Jarred Letto is fantasizing about his girlfriend and she is wearing the red dress that drove his mother into addiction. Each character was motivated by another fifth unseen character, namely the face of addiction that lies within us all. Each fails to take action to stop their addictive tendencies and chase after things that are unobtainable or fleeting in nature, eventually killing all their dreams, hence the title.

There wasn't a single part, Madness. It was the way the story was told, the camerawork, lighting and post production work were very strong and as important as any of the four major characters and their individual story arcs. The sum of all these parts treat all the characters as the same, to the point where the montages, etc. started to bleed from one character to another. There was even a sequence where Jarred Letto is fantasizing about his girlfriend and she is wearing the red dress that drove his mother into addiction. Each character was motivated by another fifth unseen character, namely the face of addiction that lies within us all. Each fails to take action to stop their addictive tendencies and chase after things that are unobtainable or fleeting in nature, eventually killing all their dreams, hence the title.

Yeah. There really isn't any one scene in requiem for a dream I can point to and say "oh yeah that one was particularly disturbing/overwhelming/etc". I mean the very last 15-20 minutes is the most intense of the film. But really when I think of requiem and how depressing it is, it's the whole movie as a whole that comes to mind. Not any one part part of it.

I don't think there's any other movie that comes close for me.

While it's not nearly on the same level of depressing and fucked up, a scanner darkly is good too. Definitely dark and pretty depressing near the end. But it has far more more moments of levity which makes it overall much less depressing an experience. Where as requiem starts at a fairly neutral baseline and then slowly plummits into depressing. Also a scanner darkly feels more fictional to me where as requiem, while certainly extreme, is still a little too close to reality for how depressing it is.

I know this thread isn't specifically about depressing and dark drug movies. But those are the ones I probably find more depressing anyway. And a scanner darkly is certainly dark depressing by the end.

Snowtown. (aka The Snowtown Murders) An incredibly bleak Australian film based on true events.

Blue Velvet features a gruesomely drawn out rape scene with a dude inhaling something along the lines of nitrous or ether and in a disgusting horny stupor from such while he's doing it. Guess that's the first fucked up movie that comes to mind for me browsing a drug discussion forum.

WR, Jess, I hear you. ?

Blue Velvet was great too.

Oh, that reminds me, Mulholland Drive may fit this category. Another lynch film.

Revenant, ikr overrated but great fuckin pigments have, story as most films don't have. some smoke for directors

@brickk

Mulholland Drive is a sad little story, with a lot going on. I recommend it for anyone who likes to put puzzles together, and a good mind fuck.

And aside from just being an eerie movie, there is one particular part the WILL make you jump.

@brickk

Mulholland Drive is a sad little story, with a lot going on. I recommend it for anyone who likes to put puzzles together, and a good mind fuck.

And aside from just being an eerie movie, there is one particular part the WILL make you jump.

mk ultra drive

It's actually really good, especially if you like messed up movies. I personally couldn't watch it again though.

Baise moi
Irreversible
Made in Britian
Worthy of a mention Kriegerin, London to Brighton, Ill Manors

Last edited: