• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

"Dank'est" weed you've ever had?

See, I just wish I had consistent access to a variety of top-shelf strains/products. For me, I might find a strain that's balls-shatteringly potent, but some of you are surrounded by a weed culture that might leave you thinking that my favorite bud is average at best.

Makes me feel left out. :(

Do you still get very quality bud? I'm betting what you're getting isn't that much different than what most of us smoke as well. Just because we know what strain it is doesn't mean it's literal god bud.

Having lived in both a medical state and a non-medical state jibult is actually semi-right. In non-medical states there's good weed around but most of the time not even the dealers know what strain they're selling so there's alot of misnamed buds going around. There's always gonna be good bud around but nowhere near the level of places like cali where I can litterally find a dispensary every two or three blocks and pick out from a selection of the finest buds I desire with the proper name and care given during it's growing period.

Keep in mind that in medical states growing the finest buds is actually a regulated profession so this brings out true quality, not to mention dispensaries pay you by the quality of the buds, that can't be said in non-medical states, people in other states will sell what I can get here for half price as full price (almost slipped up and added prices =D). Basically, I'm sure jibult has smoked buds on par with some of the best but they aren't always around and given the correct strain names. Lol when I was in texas I must've been sold at least 3 pure indicas as "sour diesel", one of the headiest pure sativas around. Also green crack is definately "chronic" on the stress/schwagg, chronic, kush/dro scale, a very meh sativa if you ask me... does have a cool name though lol, it's also a pretty bargain strain for it's decent potency. It's a really popular strain amongst the ill-informed ghetto black people around here.

Had some once that was espoused to be "Strawberry Cough", and while I'm not truly sure if that was the actual strain, it was straight up yellow from being covered in trichomes. One hit from the bong and that was all I needed.

The first time I reallllyy got high, I smoked some "Pineapple Express" and some guys drove me and my buddy home who we were hanging with. They had a Subaru wagon with a five-speed, and a system blasting Deadmau5 (I'd never heard him till then). That was the longest 30 minutes on weed I've ever had hah.

Top 5 strains for me.

Sweet Island Skunk
Strawberry Cough
OG Kush
Green Crack
Blue Dream is tied with Tangerine Dream

This is a very nice list:)

some of my favorites over the years..

Cough
C2
Jack
NL 5
NL 2
OG Kush
NYC Diesel
Big Skunk
Widow
Afagne x Haze
skunk 1
flow

Last edited:
Do you still get very quality bud? I'm betting what you're getting isn't that much different than what most of us smoke as well. Just because we know what strain it is doesn't mean it's literal god bud.

I think I do. I'm also confident of the strain I'm smoking 9 times out of 10.

With a street dealer, though, I'm lucky to have four choices of product, and I likely won't complain if I don't have a choice at all. From what I understand about these dispensaries and recreational pot shops, though, customers have the world of weed at their fingertips the instant they step through the door.

I want that feeling, like every time I step into my local pot shop I'm getting ready to meet the Willy Wonka of weed and I have no idea what fantastic new cannabis concoction he'll have for me.

1) The OG P91:The only bud that made me pull over conk out less than a mile away from home. Stellar tastes, potent, quality high as gooey w/o being too dense.
2) Jager Kush: Possibly the best tasting Kush I've encountered, completely lifes up to the name.
3)White Fire X OG Kush: Another heavy hitting indica, never disappoints.
4) Dizneyland (exlcusive to one dispensary in my town), owner makes special trips to OC to pick up this incredible indica strain (which makes an even better wax/oil/shatter...)
5)Cannatsu: Extremely high CBD bud, lower THC levels. Perfect for people with anxiety who don't wanna be overmedicated while at work. Kills the anxiety, relaxes, but no headbands or spacey feeling.

Top favorite concentrates:
1) Dizneyland Wax
2) P91 Shatter (will likely never happen to me)
3) A blend of 3 top shelf strains into wax
4) Pink OG Kush Co2 oil
5) Yoda OG Co2 oil

Last edited:
^ Purple Urkle has been some of the most fire shit I've ever tried.

And I wish I could name the strains better so that I can have my mark out there, but the dispense are always cross breeding etc.

Cotton candy struck me immediately as the perfect strain. I had a crop of grapefruit that was just very strong. OG Thai would put me to sleep within an hour of smoking it, almost always. My friend smoked too much of it on a low tolly and ended up sleeping for pretty much 36 hours straight, with small breaks of wakefulness, i.e. drinking water, going to the bathroom.

I second the Cotton Candy. Definitely among my top 5 kushes.

Been dealing for years, some tips for you young kids:
1) Jank, scrub street-dealers who have average prices who only sell dime bags and possibly the occasional eighth more often than not don't know the correct strain of bud they're selling cause they've been middle-middle-middled man.
2) Jank, scrub street-dealers often times try to upsell their product for ultra-premium prices or they're trying to hype their product up for a quick sell. They do this because they're smoking all of their profit. So by the time they make their money back, they're out of product and need to re-up.
3) Jank, scrub street dealers either have dead-end minimum wage jobs or no jobs at all. So deceiving a customer is nothing to them as long as they've got your cash.
4) Distributors and those who go directly through them next in line are the most credible sources of information about strains, harvest dates, and growcation (growing location nubs).
5) Just like you know your dealer is a jank, street dealing scrub, their dealers also know that about them but even more so. They know the weight these jank, street-dealing scrubs purchase, they know how often they pick up, and whether or not they have the cash for what they're buying. Unless an extreme situation (for instance being robbed) calls for a front, dealers who constantly need to be fronted are not dealers at all. (See tip #2.)
6) When a jank, street dealer has a reputation of being a scrub, their dealers will use the same tactics that the jank, street dealers use on their customers to sell to them. (See tip #2.) These jank, street dealers are an easy sell because they want whatever they can get their hands on. They need product now and half of their sources are dry at any given time. They don't pick up enough weight to be able to wait for better product to come around. They get upsold on product because these types of dealers typically have a dozen people they know that they can hit up because a lot of people can supply their scale-wise small amounts. This is most likely where misinformation about what bud you're purchasing gets misconstrued. Because these jank, scrub street dealers have so many options, they'll purchase whatever they think is the best option at the time.
7) It would make sense that these jank, scrub street dealers would have premium bud all the time because of so many options, but this is utterly untrue. They most often than not have the worst weed available cause they've been lied to and jump on whatever lie created the biggest hype. If they get excited, they'll think you'll get excited.
8) A good dealer does not need hype to sell product, because good product = repeat customers.
9) A good dealer does not come to you, you come to them. This separates good dealers from jank, scrub street dealers. A good dealer doesn't need your money now or even a month from now. They've got plenty of other customers. Jank, scrub street dealers often only have a few customers or too many customers and overextend their resources.
10) Consitency is key, good dealers have only one or two suppliers that they go through. These suppliers have been time-tested and shown to also be consistent.
11) Jank, scrub street dealers act the role. It's a façade, they're dry often times. A dry dealer is not a dealer. A good dealer can ride a drought out because they think smart, play smart, and prepare themselves.
12) Good dealers have integrity and actual customer service because they care. Jank, scrub street dealers have neither, they don't care.
13) Until you really know your dealer, meaning you've gone through them and everything has been consistent every time, WEIGH YOUR BAGS. Often times these jank, scrub street dealers pinch their product or sell light bags. It doesn't matter if you're buying a 10-bag or a pound, WEIGH YOUR BAG. Good dealers don't cheat you out of what you paid for and if there was an accident, meaning an accidental light bag, they'll give you back the discrepancies no questions asked.
14) WEIGH YOUR BAG!!!
15) Lastly, never ask what the strain is that you're buying. Asking for what strain you're purchasing is asking to be lied to. Unless your dealer tells you at the time of purchase at his own discretion, obtaining strain information in any other way will be invalid.

The moral or the story here is that understanding your dealer, means understanding your weed.

When I was a young buck, I thought every dime bag I picked up was fire. It wasn't until I started picking up serious and actual weight that I actually knew good weed from bad weed from great weed. Finding good suppliers isn't easy, it's all about who you know. The best bud I've ever had have been during the years I've been picking up weight through actual distributors and only 2 different distributors at any given time. They've been different at different times cause shit happens, but it's all about loyalty which is why you can only maintain a good relationship with a few players at a time. Because I've been givin legitimate information from the most valid sources I can eye a nug and smoke it and I'd have a pretty good understanding of what strain it is.

So here are my top 5 of all time
1) Trainwreck (my absolute favorite strain in this shitty world)
2) Grapefuit (as previously posted, shit had me high like I've only been a few times in my life)
3) Golden Goat (The last time my girl ever smoked with me. She took one hit and she lost her fuckin marbles. Anxiety attack to the n'th degree. That was a few years ago and she hasn't smoked since)
4) Sour diesel (Gotten this strain many, many times through various suppliers over the years. Same thing every time, it has very distinct characteristics.)
5) Purple Urple (Literally the best looking buds I've ever had my hands on)

I hope that this extremely long post helps out with the debate about people who know what strains they claim they've smoked. It's an extremely situational circumstance that is different for everyone. Sure, I've been lied to, we all have. It's up to you as a buyer to decided what you do with the information that you receive. It's all about the dealer-buyer relationship that any given person has and whether or not their sources are credible.

i was getting some bomb sour diesel back in 2008-2009, perfectly grown/cured (this is more important than strain IMO.)

and in 2005 "silver haze" i got a couple zips and it was straight up silver (as implied) with thc.

Top5 in no special order

1. 3rd eye
2. Purple Cheese
3. Mr. Nice Guy
4. Bio-Diesel
5. Blue Dream Haze

From my time as a medicinal cannabis patient in Humboldt county, some strains that come to mind are:

Trainwreck;
Purple Urkle;
LA Confidential;
Lavender;
White Widow

It wasn't my favorite strain but Lizard for sure was the most quantifiably dankest. It was so resinous that when you torched it you could see the THC melting into a liquid and flowing around the green before it started to burn.

afghani kush
hindu kush
jack herrer
ak-47
lavender

afghan kush was certainly the dankest weed i've ever smoked. 1g between me and a buddy and i was the most stoned ive ever been in my life. I'm a pretty consistant weed smoker and good buds are always available but that shit rocked my world.

707 Headband
LSD
God's Gift
Alaskan Thunderfuck
Girl Scout Cookies

out of those 5 lsd has to be my favorite, incredibly euphoric and hits hard. i was only able to get it from a friend a couple years ago and i haven't found it since

Last edited: