• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Daily Suboxone treatment but using IV herion... now what?

No you won't go into withdrawals that only happens the other way around, when you start taking sub too soon after your last dose of heroin.

However, if you do take any H today you will be wasting your time and money. The sub you took this morning is going to block most of the heroins effects, so you will probably feel very little from it...
That’s what I thought. I also got a script of Adivan. Is it better to swallow then or crush then and sniff um? Which one would be more sedative.

That’s what I thought. I also got a script of Adivan. Is it better to swallow then or crush then and sniff um? Which one would be more sedative.
Swallow it. Its nearly insoluble in water ya noob.

Swallow it. Its nearly insoluble in water ya noob.
What if I do want to take another suboxone after I smoked H will it not work or get me sick? I was told it only happens to put you in withdrawals when you take the subs to soon, in my case it’s different cause I took my last suboxone at 7am and just picked 7 grams. Will I not feel it?

What if I do want to take another suboxone after I smoked H will it not work or get me sick? I was told it only happens to put you in withdrawals when you take the subs to soon, in my case it’s different cause I took my last suboxone at 7am and just picked 7 grams. Will I not feel it?
I was refering to the ativan..

Also Idk what youre asking me.. If you take the sub too soon after H, yes you'll go into wd. If you take the H too soon after the sub, you wont wd, but wont get the full effects.

7am is irrelevant to me, I have no idea what time zone youre in or how much sub you took.
I will say I usually felt H 8-12 hours after sub 2mg intranasal bupe.

I just got my sack of H delivered right now. And I’m afraid I won’t feel anything like I’m hoping I will. Well let’s see then.

I was refering to the ativan..

Also Idk what youre asking me.. If you take the sub too soon after H, yes you'll go into wd. If you take the H too soon after the sub, you wont wd, but wont get the full effects.

7am is irrelevant to me, I have no idea what time zone youre in or how much sub you took.
I will say I usually felt H 8-12 hours after sub 2mg intranasal bupe.
That’s good info thanks. Sorry next time I’ll get more in depth with what I’m doing and asking. Thanks for the information 🙏🏼

Anytime I took an 8mg sub, it blocked H all day and into the evening. I didn't feel anything from H until after I woke up the next morning. Also as for Premeditated Withdrawal...mine only ever lasted a few hours(2-3) and it wasn't even that bad. It almost felt like an over intense ecstasy roll just with anxiety haha

Buprenorphine (the active compound in suboxone) is a high-affinity partial agonist.

This means it can bind to the opioid receptors much more tightly than heroin, but isn't good at activating them. At low doses, this makes it a relatively potent opioid because the better binding more than makes up for the inferior activation, but once you go beyond ~4mg, most of your receptors will already be occupied, so the high binding affinity is giving you diminished returns; there is consequently very little difference between an 8, 16 or 24 mg/day dose of bupe, because at that point you've effectively reached the "ceiling" of its opioid effect.

If you take suboxone while you're on heroin, the buprenorphine will displace the heroin from your receptors. Since a heroin addict is used to a *very* high level of opioid receptor activation, suddenly replacing it with bupe's half-assed receptor activation is effectively going to translate into withdrawal to them, made all the more painful by how sudden it is.

If you take heroin while you're on a high enough dose of suboxone, it is going to do fuck all, because it cannot displace the buprenorphine from your receptors. This is, in fact, a major advantage of buprenorphine in opioid maintenance therapy: Try as you might, you will not be able to get high on other opioids as long as enough bupe is in your system to keep the other opioids off your receptors.

People often seem to think that there is some sort of chemical reaction taking place if you take a partial antagonist (like buprenorphine) and an agonist (like heroin) at the same time that's responsible for precipitated withdrawal, but this isn't the case. It's simply that being forced down from a high level of opioid receptor activation (having heroin/oxycodone on your receptors) down to a moderate level (having your receptors occupied by buprenorphine) is going to feel like withdrawal. But if you're already at the moderate activation level from buprenorphine and you're shooting heroin, your activation level isn't going to change, because buprenorphine can displace heroin, but not the other way around; consequently, you are not going into precipitated withdrawal in this case, but you won't be getting high from the H either.

Anytime I took an 8mg sub, it blocked H all day and into the evening. I didn't feel anything from H until after I woke up the next morning. Also as for Premeditated Withdrawal...mine only ever lasted a few hours(2-3) and it wasn't even that bad. It almost felt like an over intense ecstasy roll just with anxiety haha
You didn’t experience full on precipitated withdrawal then , my friend. It’s only getting scary with fent for me. 14-20 hrs of hell last time , and I waited 24 hrs to take subs after H

You didn’t experience full on precipitated withdrawal then , my friend. It’s only getting scary with fent for me. 14-20 hrs of hell last time , and I waited 24 hrs to take subs after H
Yeah and hoping not to then haha but I can handle wd better than most I'm told

You won’t P/W if you maintain Suboxone in your system the whole time on dope.

I messed with this dance for way too long, and it ended with me in a huge amount of displeasure and discomfort readjusting from heroin to just suboxone.

the coming days will be very hard and painful. Chose a side my friend you can’t ride both sides. Whiskey or the bible, shot glass or revival

I'm sorry. I know people do this quite often but what's the point of being on suboxone if you're still living high to high? The truth is that you are essentially living the same lifestyle as doing dope every day, just living intermittently between doses less often.

Eventually with heroin everyone reaches a point if they do not quit where it is pure misery and you can't even feel substances anymore because of obscene tolerance from perpetual use. You're prolonging the inevitable. I know that it's an incredibly different time period but take the time now to think about what you really want in life. You can either be a doper for life or not at all. I've never know anyone who was able to be in between those worlds. This is not going to end well for you and I'm not trying to come off as judgmental or overly-critical.

I'm sorry. I know people do this quite often but what's the point of being on suboxone if you're still living high to high? The truth is that you are essentially living the same lifestyle as doing dope every day, just living intermittently between doses less often.

Eventually with heroin everyone reaches a point if they do not quit where it is pure misery and you can't even feel substances anymore because of obscene tolerance from perpetual use. You're prolonging the inevitable. I know that it's an incredibly different time period but take the time now to think about what you really want in life. You can either be a doper for life or not at all. I've never know anyone who was able to be in between those worlds. This is not going to end well for you and I'm not trying to come off as judgmental or overly-critical.
You might not be trying to come off as judgmental, but you are... I understand your point of view. For some that haven't experienced treatment, it's the most common misconception... Ex: "Oh, it's just legal heroin"...
Most often than not, it is that way & people get stuck in their addiction. But to put every addict in that category is ignorant imho. If you use it correctly, along with therapy, it can help you live a somewhat normal life. You don't live for the high. The reassurance of having medicine helps, they're not obsessing over the next dose. Which makes room for other thing's in life that are important. Not everyone uses it correctly, I know that. But for some that do, it can work.

Edit: I'm living proof it can work if you work it right. Been on about 2yrs. Have a house, job, car. I also have a few close friends that are leading very successful, productive lifestyles on this med.

You might not be trying to come off as judgmental, but you are... I understand your point of view. For some that haven't experienced treatment, it's the most common misconception... Ex: "Oh, it's just legal heroin"...
Most often than not, it is that way & people get stuck in their addiction. But to put every addict in that category is ignorant imho. If you use it correctly, along with therapy, it can help you live a somewhat normal life. You don't live for the high. The reassurance of having medicine helps, they're not obsessing over the next dose. Which makes room for other thing's in life that are important. Not everyone uses it correctly, I know that. But for some that do, it can work.

Edit: I'm living proof it can work if you work it right. Been on about 2yrs. Have a house, job, car. I also have a few close friends that are leading very successful, productive lifestyles on this med.

I have absolutely no issue with someone being on suboxone. But it's not meant to be an anti-withdrawal med so someone can just not be sick in between heroin doses. It's more so meant to help addicts stay clean without the hassle of withdrawing and depression once the brain is hardwired to depend on high-dose opiates.

Most people who still use on subs from what I've seen end up not wanting to be on subs anymore so they can return to daily heroin use. You're right--not addicts are the same. But all addicts suffering from opiate addiction do really like heroin and do not want to quit. Not to mention suboxone has an opiate blocker mechanism and it can be dangerous to try to break through the mechanic to get high.

It could be judgmental but I just don't see how what OP is doing will cause anything besides grief for him in the grand scheme of things. Now is just about the worst time to be dabbling in heroin with all the fent analogues and etc. going around.