• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Daily Suboxone treatment but using IV herion... now what?

Dadisgurlsniffi

Greenlighter
Hi all, I just got out of detox 3 weeks ago and am on subs daily at 8mg a day and for some reason I decided to get high and see if I could. I did and I did get high on H... I waited a couple of days and decided that I could do it every week just once a week and I would be ok but the once a week turned into everyday :( so now for a week I have been using about a 1/2 G of H and taking my suboxone everyday too. I'm not going to use H the rest of the week bc I have a pee test coming up on Friday and I have to be clean or I won't get anymore suboxone. IDK what tomorrow will bring... I'm hoping that I have not messed up the effect of the subs and that I will not go into w/d when the dope leaves me body over the next couple of days... Am I scared? YES! I'm so scared that I am going to go thru the w/d. Anyone care to comment on what they think will happen over the next couple of days without the H?

we can't predict anyone's future. I would recommend deciding whether you want to stop using H or not, because any opiate is wasted on a person who is on a high enough dose of buprenorphine. You realize Suboxone has much the same effect as Narcan in high doses ,I bet you would not feel shit if you were at 16mg to 32mg q. Day. I surmise that the reason you're able to still get high is that 8mg per day of bupe is a small dose, less antagonism going on

Suboxone maintenance only go so far u need to work on the root causes of why u cant make the conscious decision to stop H..either use or start recovery dont try and do both it will just make it worse..if your goin to use might as well stop the subs till your ready to quit.

I understand that. Like I mentioned I have only been going though the steps of getting clean for 3 weeks. I'm sad that my addiction got the better of me and I used again but I'm trying to get back on track. It doesn't happen over night. My questions wasn't do I need to get clean and stay clean. Obviously that part I admitted I messed up. My questions was does anyone know if I'm going to get sick with w/ d while waiting for the H to leave my body while I'm still taking the subs?

The high didn't last long it was a quick rush then it was gone. I guess I thought as long as I get that initial rush it wasn't all a waste of $. But I'm ready to quit now I just was wondering what's going to happen from here. My last H use was this morning I'm not going to do anymore from here on. Should I up my dose of subs for the next few days or just stay at my dose I've been taking and hope for the best?

Just stay on the dose you're on for the next day or two. If you start to go into withdrawal then take another 1mg - 2mg. Try splitting your dose, 4mg morning and 4mg afternoon. You shouldn't feel any discomfort this way.
Good luck and be safe.

Thanks I'll try splitting my sub in two for the next 2 days. I'm scared to w/d but I'm hoping that the subs have been stronger than the dope n that it's still on the receptors. I'll let u know how it goes.

You shouldn't experience any physical wd. Bupe has a higher binding affinity-- so yes it's still on your receptors.

You may have mental wd/psychological wd. But physically you should be fine. Maybe more lethargic than normal. But definitely not sick.

And the other poster wasn't really lecturing you on staying clean he was saying if you aren't ready to be clean wait to use subs. In other words pick one or the other before you completely screw up your tolerance. Also, subs become less effective for many people the more times they use them to get off dope. He's saying save the for when you're really 100% ready to be done. Otherwise you may need them one day and they'll have lost the magic soto speak.

But anyway you're seeking reassurance that you won't be in wd hope I provided that for you a bit. Hang in there

Yea I read what I posted afterwards and it's that defensive attitude addicts get when they don't want to admit they ate an addict. I'm sorry if I sounded out of place, I was out I'd line. I want to be clean I really do. I checked myself into detox because I'm tired of doing this. I'm trying to be strong it's just hard. I get bored, want to do the things I used to do constantly running around. Not just sitting around the house doing nothing. But my running around consisted of looking for dope any scoring. My mental state is all out of whack.

I took half of my sub this morning just took the other half on my way to work. I've also taken my adderall n about 10 Imodium just in case. Can't afford to get sick at work especially when I'm already late. I hoping your right and I don't get the physical withdrawal I hate that feeling. That was the main reason for staying on the dope for as long as I did. I ended up going to detox so I wouldn't be able to go get dope when the subs weren't working fast enough. In detox they started my subs too soon talked me onto believing I was ready n put me into withdrawal. I spent a night in terrible pain with nothing to help me. The next morning I was exhausted n the doctor upped my sub to 6mg every 4 hours I finally found comfort enough to fall asleep n slept the whole day n night. The day after I got up n went to the groups n AA NA meetings until I was discharged. I did good for the 1st week n a half. Detoxed my bf in 4 days got him on the subs. The following days I used Molly n the come down from that was bad. But I finally started reading around here n seen where ppl had used while in subs and actually felt the high. So one day on the way home from work called my dude n instead if just getting Molly I got h too. I tried a little shot n it felt good so it took off from there for about 5 days. Then I realized that i'm really messing up n taking my bf backwards after just making him get clean. So I put a stop to it again! This time it's for good. I plan on talking to my dealers again n tell them not to sell to us anymore. I did that to begin with they were more than happy to help us. He's been through it too n he knows it's hard. But I told them I was buying for someone else. About the 3rd day in a row of scoring he knew what was up. Ok I'm at work n I'm feeling Ok I'll post later thanks for giving me reassurance I needed that to get me up n moving!

Just use H man. As someone who has kicked subs and H twice I can tell you the withdrawals aren't much different suboxone may be worse depending on how much you take a day. Not to mention it gives you a buzz for like 2 minutes. Atleast with H you get a nice high. I use H recreationally 2 times a week to keep myself from getting physically dependent on it again.

I didn't tell him yet lol. I'm afraid if I call him I'll ask him too sell to me instead of asking him not too! I need to stay clean. I'm an addict. There's no only doing h once or twice a week with me. I'll go full force n tell myself I'm not getting addicted again. I'm tired of using... I start up slow n then b4 I know it I'm crying bc I'm going to be sick. I'm not into pain at all. This is the worst pain I have ever felt. So it's better that I stay away from it... I still feel pretty good physically but damn I sure do want to call my dealer n do it again. I'm going to just chill and stick to my.guns n don't do it!

As far as how I feel? I'm still doing good no withdrawal yet but then again I usually don't go into wd until the I hit the 48 hour mark so we will see what tomorrow morning brings. Peace peeps!

Last edited:
If you've been taking the buprenorphine everyday throughout this past week you've been using dope then you have no reason to worry about getting hit with precipitated withdrawal due to the fact that by taking the sub each day you've allowed it to continue to saturate your receptors which means that, even with the daily dope use, the buprenorphine hasn't had a chance to clear from the receptors.

Precipitated withdrawal won't occur by discontinuing the heroin use and just starting to take your daily sub dose because your body has continued to get continuous daily bupe throughout the week of heroin use and, as previously stated, bupe attaches to receptors significantly stronger than heroin.

Hopefully that wasn't too difficult to comprehend.

I found out that everyone was right and I didn't experience any w/d st all. I did have to go thru the psychological thing again. Wanting it and keeping myself from getting it. But now that it's over I'm good. I'm going to meetings and just doing without it! I really appreciate everyone that posted and set my mind at ease! So thanks!

hi, because i'm in a similar situation ... 5 weeks on subs a week ago the Friday decided had to have some H but it wasn't working so i cut out the bupe - all weekend same story monday supervised pickup day swallowed instead of letting it dissolve but the fukkin stuff still blocking me was nnt till Wed really felt the kit, skpped supervised pickup on Thursday - on Friday after some phone calls got supervised bupt at 4-30 - last H was 9 a.m. - let me tell you precipitated withdrawals are a real thing. i crashed into a help for hours. This is Sunday back on subs and i feel ok. You won't get w/s taking H on subs but the orher way be careful - leave it 12 hours minimum!!! now where am i - having to lie to pharmacists and drs to keep the script - its a fact i may want a week back on H - i wont wanna be full time - but sometimes... just make the fuckin subs easy available - dealingwith these fuckers might drive me backwards

holy hell yes Precipitated Withdrawal is a real thing... ive had An ongoing H addiction for almost four years now, smoked it for the first three years and IV for this last year
year, in between the smoking and shooting years i kicked with suboxen, it took almost a year itself but i did it. then once i got caught up in that hell storm that is heroin again, shit got so out of control for me and so quickly and i figured i could use subs to get off again unfortunately none of my drug buddies never warned about precip... the time i spent in precip was easily 10x more painful and more agonizing than any W/Ds that i suffered from cold turkey quitting...

Nobody is saying that precipitated withdrawal isn't a real occurrence, but rather that you don't get them by doing heroin (or other full agonists) after taking bupe or taking heroin along with daily bupe and then discontuing the heroin, but continuing the daily intake of buprenorphine.

The amount of misinformation regarding buprenorphine that is still passed around and believed as fact by so many people even though it has been readily available an scripted for many years now is really disheartening to me.

So for sure if I did a 8mg sub this morning at 7am and I get a bag of H right now at 4:30pm I’m definitely not gonna go into withdrawals?

Mimic951 said:
So for sure if I did a 8mg sub this morning at 7am and I get a bag of H right now at 4:30pm I’m definitely not gonna go into withdrawals?

No you won't go into withdrawals that only happens the other way around, when you start taking sub too soon after your last dose of heroin.

However, if you do take any H today you will be wasting your time and money. The sub you took this morning is going to block most of the heroins effects, so you will probably feel very little from it...

Last edited: